Bipolar yats

yhfam

On 20/07/2017 at 2:00 PM, yhfam said:

Is it me or does their seem to be an increase of yats claiming to be bipolar

seems like we have another vegan trend on our hands

if you smell shit everywhere you go check your shoes.

I cant say I've witnessed this so it's probably something youre doing to attract the same type of girls

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm male obviously but I recently got diagnosed with 'bipolar disorder' by a consultant psychiatrist.

I can tell you now that I don't have bipolar. I've worked in mental health for a while now and have seen clients with actual bipolar and I don't suffer with it.

If this diagnosis gets thrown around like I think it does, then no wonder people say they have it.

An issue is that Personality Disorders are very similar to bipolar and are on a rapid increase. I blame social media, internet etc etc. People don't want to be labelled with a personality disorder but come across as proud to have bipolar. Strange times.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mongy said:

I'm male obviously but I recently got diagnosed with 'bipolar disorder' by a consultant psychiatrist.

I can tell you now that I don't have bipolar. I've worked in mental health for a while now and have seen clients with actual bipolar and I don't suffer with it.

If this diagnosis gets thrown around like I think it does, then no wonder people say they have it.

An issue is that Personality Disorders are very similar to bipolar and are on a rapid increase. I blame social media, internet etc etc. People don't want to be labelled with a personality disorder but come across as proud to have bipolar. Strange times.

Have u got a second opinion? Or are you thinking about getting one?

Do you think you have a personality disorder rather than bi polar then?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎02‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:37 AM, Grafter said:

Have u got a second opinion? Or are you thinking about getting one?

Do you think you have a personality disorder rather than bi polar then?

I don't think I have bipolar or PD.

The reason I presented to psychiatry is due to suffering from chronic derealisation (depersonalization in the U.S). They then went down the mood disorder route as I have had depression in the past. I have given up with the psychiatry services now regarding the derealisation and I hope that it is something else which can be caught by neurology. I have an MRI on Friday so we will see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...