Vegan Gang

Anderson

18 minutes ago, FA23 said:

Its used like a kinda slow cooked meat, works like pulled pork and just absorbs flavour

/

Didn’t get any of the pineapple or bannana flavour at all, was just juicy

It's because he had a ripe jackfruit and you had an unripe jackfruit 

The flavor is comparable to a combination of apple, pineapple, mango, and banana.[10][13] Varieties are distinguished according to characteristics of the fruit's flesh. In Indochina, the two varieties are the "hard" version (crunchier, drier, and less sweet, but fleshier), and the "soft" version (softer, moister, and much sweeter, with a darker gold-color flesh than the hard variety).

Because unripe jackfruit has a meat-like taste, it is used in curry dishes with spices in Bihar, Jharkhand, Sri Lankan, Andhran, eastern Indian Bengali, Odisha, and Kerala cuisines. The skin of unripe jackfruit must be peeled first; then the remaining whole jackfruit can be chopped into edible portions and cooked before serving. Young jackfruit has a mild flavor and distinctive meat-like texture and is compared to poultry.

Yeah jackfruits decent. Made some jackfruit tacos a while back.

This stuffs decent too with some jerk sauce in buns...

358033011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=c60a5

9 months in now, and still eating pretty much entirely vegan. Its so easy and I dont miss meat at all now. Only really missing chocolate tbh.

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, dayomesaydayo said:

Officially  giving up pork. I see a video the other day of a pig eating a dead body and decided that pig aint for me.

Muslim dons quick question i very rarely eat sweets but what are my options?

You got the halal haribo joints. 

Ethnic section in supermarkets. 

• Upvote 1

Temple of Seitan bbq bacon burger is nice...i fux with it.

/

More time i dont go to these vegan joints i just get indian/arabic food. easier... or just cook my own. Lot of these vegan places are dead unless its these pop up ones

/

had some linda mccartney "duck with pancakes" .. only seen it once but tasted pretty much like the real deal.

14 hours ago, CurryMan said:

Temple of Seitan bbq bacon burger is nice...i fux with it.

/

More time i dont go to these vegan joints i just get indian/arabic food. easier... or just cook my own. Lot of these vegan places are dead unless its these pop up ones

/

I had  wagamama vegatsu which was katsu curry with some seitan fillet thing. Was very nice, very filling

/

Good point

1 minute ago, Badman said:

whats wrong with Brixton village?

Everything

It's not a place i see as relaxin to eat, its cramped, pretentious and its full of a certain type of people that rile me (work colleagues, folks from school) and this is where ive been goin to get my food shopping since i was a child. 

Not for me

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Grafter said:

Had the vivera shawarma

Had to dash it. Absolutely foul...

/

Any restaurant recommends in south London?

I enjoyed the shawarma, dashed in a pitta with salad chilli sauce and yogurt 

/

copped some of that bbq jackfruit otherweek in sainsburys.

18 hours ago, Greens said:

I want to try this out of curiosity, they sell them at Honest Burger too

Yeah try it, they are nice. 

Seen a lot of people say 'i couldn't tell the difference' etc. but that's bollocks. It doesn't taste the same as a beef burger but is still nice in its own way, which is the same as a lot of mock meats