Vegan Gang

Anderson

19 minutes ago, Mr. Martinez said:

If you think so 

To me it comes like the people that stop smoking weed and start drinking alcohol everyday 

But if they aren't telling you about your lifestyle and how you should live why on earth is your opinion so strong on it?

And I think it's different to ur example. There are myriad reasons people choose or choose not to eat certain things. It's great that you're so enlightened but I'm sure not everything you do is 100% congruent with your proclaimed diet choice.

17 hours ago, Anderson said:

So are you saying eating that sausage roll is actually WORSE for you than eating a normal sausage roll? Because that was your point. Imo it's not worse, it's just also unhealthy.

Obviously you can still eat junk food as a vegan. I waxed off a whole packet of double creme oreos last night, for example

And also bear in mind, probably the most important thing to remember against your claim, is that most vegans are not vegan for health purposes.

If the point of a person being "vegan" is to eat healthy and you understand that a vegan sausage roll is processed to fuck and inherently not healthy then eating it would defeat the purpose of being "vegan" for health reasons IMO

If the point of a person being vegan is for ethical reasons I don't understand why they would find themselves in an establishment that supports ethics they claim to be against to buy a vegan sausage roll in the first place

Just to be clear I don't FEEL any type of way about it particularly

I just see such behaviour for what it is which is an example of the hypocritical/performative nature of humans these days

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Anderson said:

What's wrong with eating soy?

Nothing wrong with it if you like to eat it at all

But if you're eating with health benefits in mind it's probably important that you know a nice lean piece of chicken breast>>>tofu health wise so perhaps eating it would be counter productive in terms of your desired outcome 

What irks me is that people assume why people do the things they do. If they aren't demandin concrete reasons, they are making up their own.

Life ain black an white

I get that vegans in particular are very preachy about their motives. But this ain tit for tat, you dont have to be preachy back. Someone living a certain way personally isn't forcing you to do anything

Personally i eat what the eff I like anytime I feel like it and I don't tell anyone anything about what they eat

Cant Be triggered cos a couple people say they are looking forward to a sausage roll. Comin like "AHA!"

LOL come off it

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, SLEAZE BALL said:

Nothing wrong with it if you like to eat it at all

But if you're eating with health benefits in mind it's probably important that you know a nice lean piece of chicken breast>>>tofu health wise so perhaps eating it would be counter productive in terms of your desired outcome 

You got any evidence supporting this? 

Because from the evidence I've seen that's not true. Happy to be proven wrong, I'll always go with what science has proven.

1 hour ago, SLEAZE BALL said:

If the point of a person being "vegan" is to eat healthy and you understand that a vegan sausage roll is processed to fuck and inherently not healthy then eating it would defeat the purpose of being "vegan" for health reasons IMO

If the point of a person being vegan is for ethical reasons I don't understand why they would find themselves in an establishment that supports ethics they claim to be against to buy a vegan sausage roll in the first place

Just to be clear I don't FEEL any type of way about it particularly

I just see such behaviour for what it is which is an example of the hypocritical/performative nature of humans these days

In answer to the health bit...

I agree processed is processed. But look at it this way (and let's assume we all agree animal products are unhealthy for the purposes of this, I know you probably don't agree with that but go with me):

Let's say your day to day omnivore eats, in equal proportions, clean animal products (unhealthy), processed animal products (unhealthy), clean plant based (healthy) and processed plant based (unhealthy)

Then say your vegan dieter eats, again in equal proportions, clean plant based (healthy) and processed plant based (healthy).

I know it's a crude example, but do you see where Im coming from with this?

7 hours ago, Anderson said:

Because from the evidence I've seen that's not true. Happy to be proven wrong, I'll always go with what science has proven.

Eating a diet consisting of mainly processed plant based foods that are high in salt sugar and saturated fat that isn't nutritionally balanced negate the benefits of a "vegan" diet over a diet that includes meat like the Japanese traditionally eat

You won't find science that contradicts that sentiment ??

I get your other point

Eating junk plant based food may very well be healthier than eating other junk yes

I have absolutely no doubt Linda McCartney sausages are healthier than McDonald's chicken nuggets

Again this should never be mistaken for them actually being healthy though

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SLEAZE BALL said:

Eating a diet consisting of mainly processed plant based foods that are high in salt sugar and saturated fat that isn't nutritionally balanced negate the benefits of a "vegan" diet over a diet that includes meat like the Japanese traditionally eat

You won't find science that contradicts that sentiment ??

Yeah I hear that but, tofu is low in of those things and contains less sodium and less saturated fat than a chicken breast. Plus it contains zero cholesterol, much less than chicken. So to me that does not make chicken healthier in any way.

I'm using tofu cos you said chicken>tofu, but perhaps you were referring to more stuff like Quorn chicken nuggets etc?

however, scepticism surrounding the benefits to cardiovascular health remain rife, with the Food and Drug Administration pledging to revoke health claims surrounding soya as recently as October 2017 due to a paucity in scientific evidence proving the independent benefits.

With the overwhelming amount of disparaging information, it seems that soya consumption might best be left to personal preference, with Lambert explaining that one to two portions of soya a day is harmless to the average person, be they male, female or otherwise.

H

the fact is that there is conflicting evidence...where the evidence is conflicting it is best to abstain imo. The studies you see that support soya were likely sponsored by soya biased lobbys, i go by independent information, and my sources state that most of the soy consumed in the west is GM from brazil and the US, not the soybean grown in asia and the damage caused on reliance outweighs the good such as reducing cholesterol. therefore i abstain. 

That's not really evidence though, was looking more for scientific studies or similar. 

Regarding lobby groups, its probably worth noting that that works both ways, with meat/farming lobbyists sponsoring loads of studies and marketing promoting meat (also these are much larger more powerful groups) so do you also abstain from meat due to the conflicting evidence?

Yeah I hear that but, tofu is low in of those things and contains less sodium and less saturated fat than a chicken breast. Plus it contains zero cholesterol, much less than chicken. So to me that does not make chicken healthier in any way.

I'm using tofu cos you said chicken>tofu, but perhaps you were referring to more stuff like Quorn chicken nuggets etc?

Tofu and chicken is fine

In terms of things like health I find its always beneficial to look at things in a practical sense

There are more calories and more saturated fat per gram of protein in Tofu than in chicken breast so although that your saying is right it doesn't work like that in the real world 

You are either gonna have to choose to half your protein intake or double calories and saturated fat to get a comparable amount of protein in reality neither option are what I would consider healthier than just eating the chicken breast