Vegan Gang

Anderson

Watched 'What The Health' and 'Cowspiracy' for the first time the other day and they were both eye-openers.

I stopped eating red meat and swine 19 years ago. I've tried more vegetarian/vegan products and meals during the last few years but I like poultry, fish, eggs and cheese too much to go vegan full time. 

Been watching these 2 channels to try to learn some keto recipes and vegan recipes. 

https://www.youtube.com/user/HeadbangersKitchen

https://www.youtube.com/user/SweetPotatoSoul

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Agony said:

Watched 'What The Health' and 'Cowspiracy' for the first time the other day and they were both eye-openers.

I stopped eating red meat and swine 19 years ago. I've tried more vegetarian/vegan products and meals during the last few years but I like poultry, fish, eggs and cheese too much to go vegan full time. 

Been watching these 2 channels to try to learn some keto recipes and vegan recipes. 

https://www.youtube.com/user/HeadbangersKitchen

https://www.youtube.com/user/SweetPotatoSoul

What is keto?

Recently I've been less an less inclined towards fish. The way its farmed, the fact you cant always tell the provenance. The sustainability. Farmed fish is so fatty an flavourless. Expensive for nothing. I'm cookin it a lot less

3 hours ago, Grafter said:

What is keto?

ketosis-ketogenic-diet-pcos-fertility.jp

e.g.

keto-guide_gray_2400px-800x392.jpg

Only high carb days I have is Mum's Sunday dinner and leftovers on Monday(rice, roast potatoes and macaroni). The rest of the week I try to have under 20g of carbs a day.

20g_carbs_good-1-800x532.jpg

20g_carbs-800x532.jpg

Before I even knew any of this I was making an effort to cut down on sugar, snacks, soft drinks, sweets and food like chips and bread(haven't had bread since last year) but seeing a picture like the one above had me thinking back in the day when I used to get a Sam's 2 for 2 meal after school the bread alone in them 2 strip burgers was 80g of carbs. 

26 minutes ago, Mr. Martinez said:

Haha 

Yea I don't think the parents are blameless tbh.

Some of these kids get taken back to morley's for dinner after having it for lunch. 

If their parents dont know any better what can they do?

There are some weirdos who eat better standard of food than their children

Majority of the parents on BBC's 'Eat well for less' can't even a cook a meal from scratch for their kids. Remember there was one mum that would pay extra for cheese that was already grated because she couldn't be bothered to do it herself. 

Day 2 done, and just found out bourbon biscuits are vegan lawd jesus

The tofu miso stir fry was not saying it atorrr. Will not be going back there.

Bought some cacao, peanut and hazlenut butter thing to add to stuff, tastes pretty good.

My shits coming out clean as well. So far so good.

• Like 1

some of these documentaries can be very misleading as they have a bias i.e. the producer or presenter is a vegan trying to impart what they think .  For example, the cardiovascular study in Norway extremely biased.  This is the graph they use, which to a non-data analytical eye can look drastic i.e death from the diseases went down once the nazi's took over Norway and rationed mea

norway_wwii.jpg?w=620

However if you look at the number, it only went down by 6 per 10,000 people which isn't statistically a massive drop. Also they fail to mention in the study that fish consumption also went up and also actually the lowest it was was in 1927 when they still were eating meat. 

these documentaries are way too biased and normally use shock or emotional methods rather than a rational scientific method.

• Like 2