Roadman Shaq FITB [Charlie sloth fuckery]

Kuffir

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Seydou said:

How far would Ali G go in these times?

Ali G had a TV show and a movie in those times which went on to Sacha Baron Cohen doing very well in TV and Film for over a decade, I doubt he would have the same success now as back then he was the only one really doing that thing on a single platform...these days due to social media there are alot more of these characters getting out there.

• Like 6
  • Downvote 1

My point is that some of the cultural democratization which has been enabled by social media is not good news all around - it's been good for music, but for comedy it's bad.

Remember this is a country where Little Britain was the highest rated show on TV for a few years. Regrettably people need to be told what is and isn't funny, we don't need chicken connoisseur up on channel 4 flashing his new air max on prime time sorry 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mr. Martinez said:

What's your opinion on PJDN @cambridgebanteer?

I like it a lot, even though it's derivative of The Office, I don't think any other show has captured white working class suburban culture as accurately, also the fact that they are stuck in a time warp  makes it even more funny, because it resonates with people our age who grew up in that era. That's exactly what people were like down surrey or up watford ways et al. in 2002 :lol:

Also they got given a a platform by taste makers based on the merits of their obscure YouTube uploads in 2010, rather than the tyranny of mass popularity forcing BBC's hand (which looks it could be the path we are set to go down )

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cambridgebanteer said:

The Ali G character was in a different league to these snapchat comedians, sacha cohen is a legit comedy genius. Snapchat allows low brow buffonery humour to get popular with children, someone like sacha cohen had to jump through hoops and impress media snobs in the industry to get a tv show.

Also he was an upper middle class jew ridiculing a lower middle class white dude who was appropriating working class black culture - by nature it's going to be more funny than these new guys mocking people from their own community - it's no different to michael macintyre's observational routines about white middle class life, which is widely agreed to be the shittest form of comedy 

Sacha is of Eastern European origin, he is white.

• Downvote 2