Roadman Shaq FITB [Charlie sloth fuckery]

Kuffir

18 hours ago, cambridgebanteer said:

My point is that some of the cultural democratization which has been enabled by social media is not good news all around - it's been good for music, but for comedy it's bad.

Remember this is a country where Little Britain was the highest rated show on TV for a few years. Regrettably people need to be told what is and isn't funny, we don't need chicken connoisseur up on channel 4 flashing his new air max on prime time sorry 

oooh look its the comedy connoisseur , deciding what should be laughed at and what shouldn't

Show soon come yeah?. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

Ali g is mostly shit tho. Borat is the only legit funny character. The pjdn show is shit too n the guys in pjdn were always posting in wavey garms fb group when it started before it got well known, it's prob coz of that demographic of hipster 'tastemaker' 'influencer' types initially certifying it for why the show popped off not because it is a funny parody of white chavs

Not all the black comedians on social media are shit and catering for kids either. Say what you like about mikes comedy but if u grew up in a house with a loud African parent who loves to shout then u can relate to his humour more than a white person who might just see it as a guy randomly shouting a lot. 

• Downvote 12

1 hour ago, ag. said:

Ali g is mostly shit tho. Borat is the only legit funny character. The pjdn show is shit too n the guys in pjdn were always posting in wavey garms fb group when it started before it got well known, it's prob coz of that demographic of hipster 'tastemaker' 'influencer' types initially certifying it for why the show popped off not because it is a funny parody of white chavs

Not all the black comedians on social media are shit and catering for kids either. Say what you like about mikes comedy but if u grew up in a house with a loud African parent who loves to shout then u can relate to his humour more than a white person who might just see it as a guy randomly shouting a lot. 

Why are you always so out of touch then link stuff back to tumblr and facebook hipsters? These late 90s yutes always talking pure fraff they dont understand,

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ag. said:

You just said that if you can relate to the comedy you will more than likely find it funnier than if you don't. 

Yet in the paragraph before you dismissed PJDN. If you were around during the UKG days and formative grime pirate radio days you would realise how on point it is, or rather was before the latest season. Your clearly too young to understand or relate.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Seydou said:

Naah my man said Ali G was shit

Swear man was in diapers when ali g was popping. Talks so much nonsense

That would make me 16 years old u thick c*nt ? Don't get Feelings hurt coz I dissed Ali g. it is shit. When I hear white people do bad/cringe impressions of other white people who they think beg blacks, it makes me think of Ali g. If a posh guy like Sacha came out now doing a Ali g character it would go nowhere 

1 hour ago, cambridgebanteer said:

I got no problem with you chromecasting videos of uncle rafool at your cousin's house - we just don't need it being commissioned for Netflix

why not? because the oxbridge folk that decide what YOU watch on regular TV didnt get to commission uncle rafool? its hard to find people under 25 still watching TV these days so TV producers better be looking at how their jobs will survive in TV by seeking out new talent, cos they are no longer needing to rely on him

27 minutes ago, ag. said:

That would make me 16 years old u thick c*nt ? Don't get Feelings hurt coz I dissed Ali g. it is shit. When I hear white people do bad/cringe impressions of other white people who they think beg blacks, it makes me think of Ali g. If a posh guy like Sacha came out now doing a Ali g character it would go nowhere 

there lies your answer to the impact he had hence his popularity. making it in show business is all about timing anyway. so of course he was at the right time

15 minutes ago, Grafter said:

Can anyone here honestly watch an Ali g episode right now and laugh?

Its not just the voice they use to mock other white people. It's the voice they use to mock black people

Fuck ali g. It wouldn't be successful in this day and age

Ali G was more than just the voice though

4 hours ago, Grafter said:

Of course. 

But please try watchin an episode now

It's too gratuitous