Youtube reaction videos [uk music vids]

Agony

16 minutes ago, Kuffir said:

Let's be real we've all made these roadman jokes/parodies amongst our friends countless times 

Ion blame this Dappah fellow at all but at the same time is this what Charlie Sloth Mr Plug England's answer to DJ Khaled should be promoting on his premier music show probably not

Then again it's entirely his decision. Even the way man referred to Dappah as "another RS" was kinda disrespectful. Would yanks even know who Charlie was on the viral/pop culture side of things if it weren't for that glistening freestyle

Very much doubt them man across the pond are aware of the Nines freestyle etc

C/S everything except for the last line to a certain extent. Since that tooblunt guy from overseas started doing reaction videos to UK freestyles and songs guys from over there have jumped on his wave and flooded the market on YouTube. Now every time I watched a music video there's like over dozen reaction videos in the sidebar

E.g. 

I think it's important to separate the YouTube reactions from the wider population though. A lot of them are just jumping on the hype for views and I'd be pretty shocked if the majority of their audience wasn't UK based.

Too Blunt is actually into the music though. 

10 minutes ago, Greens said:

I think it's important to separate the YouTube reactions from the wider population though. A lot of them are just jumping on the hype for views and I'd be pretty shocked if the majority of their audience wasn't UK based.

Yeah him and Trendy Marley seem genuine and most of the others are just chasing subscribers and YouTube money.

Can't remember his name but there was another guy that was playing tunes to people in the street and Fredo and other rappers was getting some good reactions.

3 minutes ago, Greens said:

This 

It's a cottage industry 

1 minute ago, Agony said:

Yeah him and Trendy Marley seem genuine and most of the others are just chasing subscribers and YouTube money.

Can't remember his name but there was another guy that was playing tunes to people in the street and Fredo and other rappers was getting some good reactions.

If the beat bangs and there's autotune...more time americans cant tell the difference.

Never watched a reaction vid for music ever 

but all the american ones that pop up on my suggestions was inevitable if anyone remembers my rant from last year or maybe the year before about how uk fans are obsessed with what americans think of our music... now americans have found a lane to exploit them... no doubt they dont really care for the culture just the views.

• Like 4

American validation is a lot less of a big deal these days. Before it was the case if you could get big in America that was the passport to global recognitions on and financial success. United States is becoming less relevant in music to the point where they will eventually be as relevant to music as MLS is to football 

23 minutes ago, Admin. said:

now americans have found a lane to exploit them... no doubt they dont really care for the culture just the views.

Embarrassing seeing these all channels start off reacting to the same 1 or 2 year old tunes and commenters getting gassed like it means something 

4 minutes ago, cambridgebanteer said:

American validation is a lot less of a big deal these days

I thought this as well but more life, the fall out from the Giggs verse and that wamp 2 dem promo shows we still got this inferiority complex

31 minutes ago, cambridgebanteer said:

American validation is a lot less of a big deal these days. Before it was the case if you could get big in America that was the passport to global recognitions on and financial success. United States is becoming less relevant in music to the point where they will eventually be as relevant to music as MLS is to football 

I agree with the relevance of american music. [

but they still drive the culture. Slang. and  sound. UK urban still begs for validation.< It always gonna be the case. however, the wow factor of a UK/US collabo aint much of a big deal these days 

On 7/24/2016 at 2:05 PM, Funkyskanker said:

americans dont rate uk rappers period. the culture difference is too different just look at the Canadian rappers who have blown now they're basically carbon copies americans. I've said this before and ill say this again uk rappers need to stop begging approval from the americans. Some of these london rappers could easily clean up in africa but they're too busy trying to get cosigns from americans who dont even rate them  

• Like 1