Spared jail for being too bright

Lieutenant

On 29/09/2017 at 10:22 AM, Incumbent said:

not all the time but a lot of the time imo

do i need to remind you that the police have been proven time & time again to be institutionally racist?

and before it even gets to courts, black ppl are already being fucked over i.e by stops and searches

Yes the police at institutionally racist. But you need to take in to account that stop and search is targeted and for good reason. Ultimately violent and knife crime is disproportionately committed by young black men in London. So ultimately if the police want to have preventative measures work they need target those groups who are the cause. Just like target tong terrorism involves monitoring Muslim communities. 

Not saying it is always right but what other option is there? 

• Downvote 2

4 hours ago, Brem said:

Yes the police at institutionally racist. But you need to take in to account that stop and search is targeted and for good reason. Ultimately violent and knife crime is disproportionately committed by young black men in London. So ultimately if the police want to have preventative measures work they need target those groups who are the cause. Just like target tong terrorism involves monitoring Muslim communities. 

So bro

When a policeman mug you off constantly because of you looking a possible terrorist, are you not going to feel pissed off?

35 minutes ago, Seydou said:

So bro

When a policeman mug you off constantly because of you looking a possible terrorist, are you not going to feel pissed off?

No. I will be pissed. But I am also realistic that brown folk are the ones blowing people up. When I get stopped at an airport it's 5 mins Max and on my way. I'm not even Muslim but congnisant also that my race or religion cannot be deciphered solely from my appearance. Like I said it sucks for the innocents but please tell me what measures can be taken instead for the prevention of violent crime including knife and gang related crime. Stop and search is the only preventative method that works in my view. I for one want things prevented before someone gets a stabbed rather than a murder investigation. In the same way that I want terrorism prevented, rather than a manhunt after the fact. Unfortunately to have this you need to take the rough with the smooth. 

• Downvote 2

6 hours ago, Brem said:

Whilst i do agree black people in london have a big problem with knife crime ask yourself why dont they stop and search white people who live in violent areas ?sometimes even more violent  areas than london. Glasgow,dublin etc. The white people in these areas stab and shoot eachother as well.

Lets not pretend  innit.

The people who run the "system" do not care about black people killing eachother.They stop and search us to phsychologically mess us up and say we are still the slavemasters and you are still the slaves and will treat you how we want.

26 minutes ago, dayomesaydayo said:

Whilst i do agree black people in london have a big problem with knife crime ask yourself why dont they stop and search white people who live in violent areas ?sometimes even more violent  areas than london. Glasgow,dublin etc. The white people in these areas stab and shoot eachother as well.

Lets not pretend  innit.

The people who run the "system" do not care about black people killing eachother.They stop and search us to phsychologically mess us up and say we are still the slavemasters and you are still the slaves and will treat you how we want.

the police will come for u regardless of race. up north whitees r majority so if ur involved in crime or the roads or look like it then police will victimise u regardless of race. basic profiling

1 hour ago, Trap God said:

People like Brem are lost 

There is no data to support that stop and searches reduce violent crime

In fact it's been found that intelligence based stops are much more effective than just stopping random black guys without any reasonable grounds for suspicion

There is. Knife crime statistics before and after May brought in the stop search rule changes. 

Rather than call me lost. Look at what is going on around you. Is anyone that doesn't pull the race card like you, lost? 

If we're gonna look at stats we have to get specific in order to get a real understanding of what were looking at

To my knowledge there are no studies that support lagged association between an increase in stop and search (eg operation blunt 2) and a reduction in violent knife crime (non domestic)

Feel free to point me towards something credible that supports your opinion

Failing that I can only imagine the bigoted views you have are borne out of whatever racial biases you subscribe to 

On 01/10/2017 at 6:44 PM, ag. said:

the police will come for u regardless of race. up north whitees r majority so if ur involved in crime or the roads or look like it then police will victimise u regardless of race. basic profiling

Im talking about stop and search.

I know for a fact whites in the areas i mentioned dont get stop and searched anywhere near the rate like black people do so lets not pretend this is about trying to prevent crime.

Its about racism.

1 hour ago, dayomesaydayo said:

Im talking about stop and search.

I know for a fact whites in the areas i mentioned dont get stop and searched anywhere near the rate like black people do so lets not pretend this is about trying to prevent crime.

Its about racism.

I mean I think you need to summon this fact. Not saying you're wrong. But it's a big statement to enshrine your point in "fact". 

10 hours ago, Trap God said:

If we're gonna look at stats we have to get specific in order to get a real understanding of what were looking at

To my knowledge there are no studies that support lagged association between an increase in stop and search (eg operation blunt 2) and a reduction in violent knife crime (non domestic)

Feel free to point me towards something credible that supports your opinion

Failing that I can only imagine the bigoted views you have are borne out of whatever racial biases you subscribe to 

And there's the race card. How are my views bigotted? Because I don't subscribe to the notion that Black people are always the victim. How is it racial bias? Because I dont immediately take some fake white person politically correct view for the sake of being PC. Please. 

Do you need a deep thought prevoking study to show you that when you piss in the snow it turns yellow? Or can you draw the inference yourself?

London is rife with gang, knife and violent crime. We all know this. I'm not saying stop and search tightening is the only reason. But it's a reason. Other than that I have no biases. I present what I believe to be facts / my views as I see them is all.