Spared jail for being too bright

Lieutenant

I'ma just leave this here.

THE equivalent of nearly one in every five people in Greater Glasgow were stopped and searched by police last year, according to a new report.

The rate in Glasgow is almost 19 times higher than in Greater Manchester. Officers in Tayside carried out more searches as a proportion of the population than the Metropolitan Police did in London.

• Downvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 07/12/2017 at 5:24 PM, TheOneGameBaller said:

Wow. The cheek of this psycho. If you’re a white [middle class] woman, the system is made for you to thrive no matter what. 8-)

And the beat goes on:

Drink-drive junior doctor spared jail for being ‘stressed’

A junior doctor arrested twice for being drunk at the wheel has been spared jail after claiming she was addicted to alcohol due to the ‘‘stress” of studying at one of the world’s most prestigious universities.

Dr Lauren Fowler, 25, graduated from Imperial College London last year with a degree in medicine but drank heavily during her studies and said she did not know who to turn to for help.

The A-starred former student met friends for lunch shortly after graduating last October and drank white wine. She then drank another bottle from an off-licence before crashing her Ford Ka in an area busy with pedestrians.

She was so drunk she was “swearing and slurring her words” when police arrived at the scene to find…

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/drink-drive-junior-doctor-spared-jail-for-being-stressed-9g39bjbqd

On 07/12/2017 at 5:44 PM, dayomesaydayo said:

I'd do the same

She's appealing because the fact that she was handed a sentence (albeit a suspended sentence) means she'll be kicked out of Oxford

I don't care to revisit the details of the original trial (how guilty she is or not) but I'd throw money at it to try to keep my child at one of the most prestigious universities in the world.

On 11/01/2018 at 11:33 PM, Badman said:

This is 100% not about race

Social privilege 

I put a "like" on your post but had to pull it back

I disagree with your implication that social privilege and race isn't intertwined