1 in 4 British people are racist?

Heero Yuy

One in four British people admit to being racially prejudiced, including a third of Leave voters, a survey has found.

Research by the National Centre for Social Research (NatCen) and Runnymede found that 26 per cent of people described themselves as “very” or “a little” prejudiced towards people of other races.

When split by opinion in the EU referendum, 34 per cent of Leave voters admitted holding racist attitudes compared to 18 per cent of Remain voters, and similar proportions were seen in Conservative and Labour supporters respectively.

The survey of 2,220 people also found that men were more likely than women to describe themselves as racially prejudiced.

racial-prejudice-survey.jpg

The study found that sensitivity to racism had increased, making people more likely to categorise themselves as prejudice, but that specific questions showed that people did hold biased views.

When respondents were asked whether they “would mind if a close relative were to marry a person of black or West Indian/Asian origin”, 22 per cent said they would.
A staggering 70 per cent of respondents also said that “most white British people” would mind if a close relative married a Muslim, with 44 per cent saying they would mind themselves - far above the proportion who admitted racial prejudice.

Newly published data from the European Social Survey, which was carried out in 2014, also found that  one in five British people agreed with the statement that “some races or ethnic groups are born less intelligent” and almost half believed that “some are naturally harder working”.

A separate survey released this week found that more than half of British people would support the racial profiling of Muslims or Arabs for security reasons.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/british-people-admit-racially-prejudiced-white-black-asian-muslims-brexit-more-leave-voters-remain-a7973751.html

boyyy

• Downvote 2

Only 1 in 4!? What happened to all white people being inherently racist. One thing we can take from the survey is leave voters are probably more honest than remainers :D

Gonna have a gander through that survey, hope it's not one of those that only assumes white people can be racist and only asks them the questions. Did they ask Muslims if they would be happy with one of their relatives marrying a Christian?

Nonsense questionnaire   

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gambino said:

What percentage do you think that would of been if they asked Asian Muslims what they thought about marrying White Christians?

*would have

/

I don't know, I'm not a pollster.

probably the same percentage as White Christians when asked what they thought about marrying Asian Muslims

• Like 1

Don't forget those whose grandparents and parents came on the Windrush generation 1940s until 1962. To help rebuild after WW2. From the carribbean and the kids born here. They never had to claim citizenship, they where property of the crown and state and classed British under protectorate control of... for example Jamaica, barbados

Rife racism and fear of Wypippo  genocide was rife then, sparking your enoch Powell rivers of blood type speeches in the 60s

Around the same time England claimed to make Jamaica independent in 1962 basically a move to stem the free flow of black British crown subjects. And now "allegedly" give the country back to Jamaican people (tho African people never conquered and claimed the island or put themselves there) as to implement immigration laws.. (Eg checks and balances) slowing down the influx to appease Wypippo's fears. 

That same year England introduced

"Commonwealth Immigrants Act 1962"

"An Act to make temporary provision for controlling the immigration into the United Kingdom of Commonwealth citizens; to authorise the deportation from the United Kingdom of certain Commonwealth citizens convicted of offences and recommended by the court for deportation; to amend the qualifications required of Commonwealth citizens applying for citizenship under the British Nationality Act, 1948; to make corresponding provisions in respect of British protected persons and citizens of the Republic of Ireland; and for purposes connected with the matters aforesaid"

Racism is a system and those within that sphere of dominant racial power can only inflict racism (hegemonic and privileged flex) to prevent the come up of other racial groups regardless of wealth and class divides. It works on all levels judge to bin cleaner. 

However, anyone of any race and background can flex personal prejudice and personal disdain, but these are not systems of power to stunt another race of people's progress. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Supermalt said:

What did vtec say that was wrong. Really wanna know.

I have to assume his reply was prompted by my reply to a question. I don't think my reply really needed one of his essays on why he dislikes white people, any excuse. I know some of the VIP2 OG's love to hear that shit but yea, maybe get a thread going for it as I said lol.

Plus I hold a "Prejudice" towards VTec because of his track record for posting absolute bollocks and constantly contradicting himself.

Yea what can I say mate just part of my personality to have disdain for people who post fake shit and then admit to posting it all for the sake of arguing with me 8-). Anyways let's hear about this Commonwealth being an Oppressive Empire in 2017 again and those Malaysians who own Man United :Y: As you were.