1 in 4 British people are racist?

Heero Yuy

9 minutes ago, JOHN DOE said:

i used to ask myself this until i did my research 

Ethiopia adopted Christianity waaay before slavery 

Ethiopia is what people used to call Africa at some point in history 

Ethiopia is mentioned a certain amount of times in the Bible 

also the first depiction of Jesus is dark skinned - THEY have just brainwashed people as per 

Look up Serapis, Ptolemy Soter, after Alexander the Greek or (Great depending on your angle) who invaded egypt. Under Hellenestic rule. Greeks took over and cultrally appropriated the pharonic system and Ptolemy Soter wanted to be seen as a pharoah and created Serapis with the help of now conquered eypgtians to mould a new savoiur in his image. (aka Serapis)

Serapis (Σέραπις, Attic/Ionian Greek) or Sarapis (Σάραπις, Doric Greek) is a Graeco-Egyptian god. The cult of Serapis was introduced during the 3rd century BC on the orders of Ptolemy I of Egypt as a means to unify the Greeks and Egyptians in his realm.

Ethiopian Christainity is still a Greek concept from this origin. When you are conquered its die, or assimilate

I think its a different form of mental enslavement to have that perspective.

The Bible was definitely used as a tool to subjugate Africans but it is a tool. A tool which u can personally use to empower yourself spiritually. Even with the different versions over the years the message cannot be destroyed. I don't think everyone needs a religion but if u do i feel like what is spiritually correct is already written in our hearts so when u hear something from your pastor or read something in the Bible that doesn't sit right then it isn't right.

Slaves were subjugated by the European with this book but yet what was written in their own hearts shines through. A good example is Nat Turners story

And the Ethiopian church is a complete example of an African interpretation of Christianity unfettered by the evils of slavery

Religion is toxic, Christianity in particular, a promise of an after life that can't be evidenced, on the proviso that you abide by rules written by man, supposedly received by man, and even if provided by "God" interpreted by, man. 

Its akin to me offering a house I've never seen but supposedly have rights to based on how i butter my bread, because someone else described the house that they'd seen in a dream or observed in a trance, and that house was then sketched by someone based on that dream or trance. 

Fuck religion.

• Like 5

Some people need rules and structure. Its only a bad thing when people use it badly.

My understanding of Jesus teachins does not focus on the after life but very much on ur actions in this life and what that means to ur fellow man.

All this blood of jesus hocus pocus and he died for our sins so we can do what we want/ i took my shahada so im goin to jana no matter what/ if i pray on this day my blessings will be multiplied by 1000 is completely wrong imo. Totally misses the point and buys into the control aspect of religion + tribalism

We all need something to belong to

5 minutes ago, Grafter said:

Some people need rules and structure. Its only a bad thing when people use it badly.

My understanding of Jesus teachins does not focus on the after life but very much on ur actions in this life and what that means to ur fellow man.

All this blood of jesus hocus pocus and he died for our sins so we can do what we want/ i took my shahada so im goin to jana no matter what/ if i pray on this day my blessings will be multiplied by 1000 is completely wrong imo. Totally misses the point and buys into the control aspect of religion + tribalism

We all need something to belong to

So do you believe Jesus existed? And do you consider yourself a Christian?

23 minutes ago, ag. said:

Christianity has been a loot more positive in Africa overall. Its when people mix it in with local tribal spiritual beliefs in things like witchcraft that it goes left

therein lays the paradox, only christanity came in with its divisions thats when the tribal divisions came up. Take a look at the Rwanda Genocide, instigated by the catholic church. They even owned up and apologised. (as catholism allows themselves to be forgiven and sins washed away when you repent.) (that get out of jail free card)

(protestant makes no difference either)

go onto google maps say for example Uganda.... https://www.google.co.uk/maps/search/church/@0.2391241,32.3321578,11.33z

look at the amount of churches.. its shocking. (and Africa is doing so well with it along with islam..... )

Not a Christian

And i believe there is value in the story and maybe a character like this existed at some point in human history. 

I try to look at the Bible not so literally but more from a metaphysical / metaphorical point of view which is how I have been raised as a rasta. 

So all these teachings an all the lives of the prophets can have direct application to our everyday lives and the wider global goings on

2 minutes ago, Vtec said:

therein lays the paradox, only christanity came in with its divisions thats when the tribal divisions came up. Take a look at the Rwanda Genocide, instigated by the catholic church. They even owned up and apologised. (as catholism allows themselves to be forgiven and sins washed away when you repent.) (that get out of jail free card)

go onto google maps say for example Uganda.... https://www.google.co.uk/maps/search/church/@0.2391241,32.3321578,11.33z

look at the amount of churches.. its shocking. (and Africa is doing so well with it along with islam..... )

No doubt the Europeans had a lot to do with tribal division but we can't pretend Africa was at complete peace prior. Human nature says different

7 minutes ago, Vtec said:

Have you ever been to Uganda. Christianity hasnt had a bad effect on most people its just the uneducated ones who mix it in with witchcraft beliefs etc. 

@Grafter

I've never said it was humble peace and harmony. But Africa certainly wasnt the invading force. Constant invasions from Assyrians/Greeks/romans etc.. the properitors of Islam and Christanity, whom dominate to this day mental and spritual enslavement to a Jewish man. Who Jews don't even rate, in their own text.

Who themselves religion is based upon account of ramblings from  a semetic Roman empire convert Titus Flavius Josephus. Prior to that Judaism doesn't exist.

1 hour ago, Grafter said:

Do you have any reasons why you can't be?

/

Personally as John Doe said im very aware that Ethiopia has the oldest churches and one of the churches in lalibella is said to be the home of the arc of the covenant. So if the angle is to do with slavery I dont agree

Without even addressing what the creators of Abrahamic faiths based the fundamental ideas and characters of their religions from or on

The most obvious one is that it goes against the spiritual belief system that has been practiced by my father's ancestors for longer than Abrahamic faiths have even existed

How can I really be proud of my ancestry, culture and traditions if I'm willing to trade it for something that has no valid history supported by facts or authority where I'm from?

/

My father's ancestors are not from Ethopia

I don't imagine yours or JD's are either

We don't speak the same language

We don't have the same culture

We don't practice the same traditions

We aren't the same despite being from the same continent

The idea that we are just shows the way we've been brainwashed by white supremacy/colonialism

• Like 3

c/s trap god

like saying english and italian is the same

5 minutes ago, Trap God said:

How can I really be proud of my ancestry, culture and traditions if I'm willing to trade it for something that has no valid history supported by facts or authority where I'm from?

This. 

I remember asking my mum about the history of the Orisha where Nigeria is concerned, and the resistance she had to even entertaining the conversation was astounding. Dismissed it all as "idolry", "Jesus is the way the truth and the light, no man goes unto God but through him". Almost like a reflex response, and she was there til she was 28.

• Like 1

Please do expand on ur first point

And please expand on how Christianity goes against what your ancestors followed?

Ive already said on here part of my ancestry and its not purely west african same with you no doubt so that argument about not bein from Ethiopia is bit unnecessary. Also the real point of mentioning Ethiopia was to state that Christianity is not the domain of the eurpoean.

/

Rasta was a direct response to the lived experienced of the enslaved and oppressed. Im each time and each place the message of the almighty is delivered to us as appropriate to our circumstances. I truly believe that. As jesus said "in my fathers house there are many mansions"

Those mansions include african traditional religions not that i kno much about them i have to admit. 

But if like hinduism there are many gods whom are ultimately manifestations of the many aspects of one creator then that's what it is

Ethiopia was essential to the Greeks/romans to make christanity (correction their control/domination) work. Many of the egyptians come from the geopraphical Ethiopia today and following the river nile and into modern day Sudan. Former lands of Kush/Kemet and so on.

Conquering waves of assyrians/greeks, throughout the dynasties of egypt weakned it

Outsiders simply took what they need in order to rule and keep control of the people, exactly how government works today. (just how certain wypippo adopt black ebonics and cultral apporiation today to be make more money than the originators/pioneers), but in this case its on a spritual and mental level imposing their own agendas.

Romans/Greek are a Hellenestic people, worshipping Saturn, Zeus, Cronos which are Christanity, judaism and islam. Arabs before islam where christian under roman hellenistic control. Islam is extention of this too. Political and power upsurge forced that to be.

We live in the proverbial "hell" (Hellenism) Rome today, is it any surprise how fucked up the world is with these religions of peace.

what your saying doesnt really mean much tho because all but very few have had their original culture preserved, majority of the world has had a culture implant at least once... blacks, arabs, greeks are all very new words to this world especially with how far your going with kush/kemet etc...

• Like 1