1 in 4 British people are racist?

Heero Yuy

15 hours ago, JOHN DOE said:

this is the question you should have asked first before atempting to patronise me 

ill give you an example 

im my line of work (porperty) i have opportunities to hand out very lucrative building/ maintenance contracts to firms and companies, i specifically source companies who i know are black owned o

if i cant find one then i am left to hand them out to others 

another example is purchasing from black store and black items as opposed to store that are not black owned 

i dont mind paying higher to place money in my bros pocket as opposed to another race 

i have experience that blacks dont do the above , if anything we are scared to do business with each other out of fear or lack of trust 

others dont have this mentality 

from me actively discriminating against others i hope to influence and inspire others that there is no need to fear ourselves and if we help each other we will do better in the long run 

That's definitely the same in the urban scene. As a white artist, I definitely feel the minority. It's not a nice feeling at all. So I can relate to the frustration, but I don't endorse the way you run things the same way I don't endorse when white people do the same. By doing so, it's like saying "go on white man dem, discriminate, it's fine", and I'm not cool with that. Everyone regardless of race should have equal opportunity, and again, although it's frustrating when you are in the minority and are the one discriminated against, I don't see by doing the same actually helps to build a better world. We have government reports now coming out showing the levels of discrimination and they are starting to come down on it through that transparency. We should be supporting this, and not actively participating in something when you know it ain't good when done to you. 

18 minutes ago, Sean Ash said:

That's definitely the same in the urban scene. As a white artist, I definitely feel the minority. It's not a nice feeling at all. So I can relate to the frustration, but I don't endorse the way you run things the same way I don't endorse when white people do the same. By doing so, it's like saying "go on white man dem, discriminate, it's fine", and I'm not cool with that. Everyone regardless of race should have equal opportunity, and again, although it's frustrating when you are in the minority and are the one discriminated against, I don't see by doing the same actually helps to build a better world. We have government reports now coming out showing the levels of discrimination and they are starting to come down on it through that transparency. We should be supporting this, and not actively participating in something when you know it ain't good when done to you. 

I would agree but for my people being subjected to this treatment for the longest time and suffering from it I will continue 

that video agony posted of the 'race' is real r

18 hours ago, JOHN DOE said:

i have to level the playing field by discriminating against others until as a general scale we start at at least 0 

in fact 0 isnt good enough , i will keep discriminating until we start from a minimum of 5 

The problem I have with what youre saying is a moral one

What your saying is discrimination is fine as long as you're the one not getting discriminated against

Hypocrisy at its finest

I'm fine starting at 0 based on race

/

IMO offering a job to someone who's qualified or has already done the lions share of work to get where they are isn't really uplifting

Same way if you were to offer the same work to their non black counterpart I wouldn't class that as you uplifting them either

Fair play if youre genuinely doing what youre capable of to balance the scales though it's better than nothing

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JOHN DOE said:

I would agree but for my people being subjected to this treatment for the longest time and suffering from it I will continue 

that video agony posted of the 'race' is real r

Yeah I know. That's why I say I can understand totally but in terms of building a better world, levelling out the evil by more evil, doesn't exactly make the world any better. It just leads to further segregation and more discrimination. 

2 hours ago, Sean Ash said:

Yeah I know. That's why I say I can understand totally but in terms of building a better world, levelling out the evil by more evil, doesn't exactly make the world any better. It just leads to further segregation and more discrimination. 

You mentioned experiencing prejudice within music - can you give any examples?

16 minutes ago, PascalMoriarty said:

You mentioned experiencing prejudice within music - can you give any examples?

Yeah sure man. Now I'm not saying I'm the best on the scene. I would say I'm not great but I'm not bad. I believe there is a talent there that if nurtured, could have potential. If not on rapping then on the productions/comedy side of things. I am creative. Now there has been times that absolute shit has been given the time of day and given airplay ahead of me from certain organisations I won't name. To be fair, I am on the black music/urban scene so it's harder as a white act to break through. Not impossible, but harder to gain recognition. That's just through my own personal experience. 

Just now, Afroman said:

Everyman thinks he can buss or he is entitled to do so based on self assessment.

It's not that. Imagine I flipped that round and used those lines regarding the discrimination against ethnic minorities? You see why what you said is wrong? 

5 minutes ago, Sean Ash said:

It's not that. Imagine I flipped that round and used those lines regarding the discrimination against ethnic minorities? You see why what you said is wrong? 

You noticed I said everyman yeah?

your angle doesnt even compare

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Afroman said:

You noticed I said everyman yeah?

your angle doesnt even compare

Come on man. Even you must have heard a tune on TV or radio and thought to yourself "how the F did that get there" when you have a mate who goes in harder but gets nowhere? Am I alone in thinking this?

31 minutes ago, Sean Ash said:

Come on man. Even you must have heard a tune on TV or radio and thought to yourself "how the F did that get there" when you have a mate who goes in harder but gets nowhere? Am I alone in thinking this?

Industry isn't based off talent. It's which investor can make most returns off you and pimp you out for coin.

More chance of your content breaking through based on the target demographic of this country who actually buy music, who want to feel inclusive to that black cool and relate to it, but living in the burbs and trust funds setup, enjoy a cheeky nandos and mum buying fresh crep everyweek.

Then a serious spitter delivering real pertinent content who's celebrated on the underground who want to see that person to derserve all around plaudits and contribution to the culture. (whos content influences the easier to market trash, who is easy to shape in whatever way in the corp world)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sean Ash said:

Yeah sure man. Now I'm not saying I'm the best on the scene. I would say I'm not great but I'm not bad. I believe there is a talent there that if nurtured, could have potential. If not on rapping then on the productions/comedy side of things. I am creative. Now there has been times that absolute shit has been given the time of day and given airplay ahead of me from certain organisations I won't name. To be fair, I am on the black music/urban scene so it's harder as a white act to break through. Not impossible, but harder to gain recognition. That's just through my own personal experience. 

Whats crazy is that because you are white, arguably, you have to work 10 times harder to be better than your black counterpart would be to be recognised within the genre of music you've chosen. Now apply that injustice to practically every other facet of academic/professional endeavour within this country for a black man, and we have mutual understanding. This is not to suggest that its justified, but to highlight that its prevalence didn't start within music. 

That aside, I think with music you just have to know who you are within it and become the best you can be, for yourself. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, PascalMoriarty said:

Whats crazy is that because you are white, arguably, you have to work 10 times harder to be better than your black counterpart would be to be recognised within the genre of music you've chosen. Now apply that injustice to practically every other facet of academic/professional endeavour within this country for a black man, and we have mutual understanding

Might have to do an Ashman and post this on my insta

Even take it one step further stick it in a frame and bang it on the wall

10 minutes ago, PascalMoriarty said:

Whats crazy is that because you are white, arguably, you have to work 10 times harder to be better than your black counterpart would be to be recognised within the genre of music you've chosen. Now apply that injustice to practically every other facet of academic/professional endeavour within this country for a black man, and we have mutual understanding. This is not to suggest that its justified, but to highlight that its prevalence didn't start within music. 

That aside, I think with music you just have to know who you are within it and become the best you can be, for yourself. 

Yeah man totally! That's why I'm saying I can relate in a sense to how it must feel on the other side of the coin ??

34 minutes ago, PascalMoriarty said:

So who is not as good as ashman but has made it?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Grafter said:

So who is not as good as ashman but has made it?

Baffed at the question, I didn't suggest that there was anyone who "has made it" I simply said "to be recognised". Last i checked recognition within the urban music scene didnt equate to making it, otherwise Big H would be number 1 right now, no?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PascalMoriarty said:

Baffed at the question, I didn't suggest that there was anyone who "has made it" I simply said "to be recognised". Last i checked recognition within the urban music scene didnt equate to making it, otherwise Big H would be number 1 right now, no?

Fair point