#MeToo Movement

O Fenomeno

Powerful #IBelieveHer rallies took place all over Ireland today

IN THE HOURS that followed the ‘not guilty’ verdicts in the Ulster Rugby rape trial, word landed that rallies would take place around the county the following day in response to the treatment of women within the justice system.

original?width=469&version=3931450

And this afternoon, hundreds of members of the public gathered at demonstrations in cities around the country.

In Cork, Dublin, Waterford, Galway and Belfast, individuals carrying ”I believe her’ placards chanted ‘we stand with her’ as conversation surrounding consent and victim-blaming took center stage in the nation’s consciousness.

Here is a snapshot of the scenes taking place the length and breadth of Ireland today.

http://www.dailyedge.ie/solidarity-demonstrations-3931180-Mar2018/

Anyone read this in DM?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5532497/Alleged-Tinder-date-rapist-faces-retrial-jury-split.html

• Tshikeva, of Tottenham, north London, denies one count of rape. A jury failed to deliver a verdict and he faces a retrial in April
  • But after their initial meeting, in October 2016, the woman allowed Tshikeva to visit her late at night, greeting him at the door wearing just a robe covering a playsuit.
  • He said his date initially turned down sex before they started fondling each other and she told him ‘Yes, I’m really horny’ when he climbed on top of her.  
  • She later told police: 'I said 'Stop, stop'. That's when he forced it in me.'
  • Tshikeva allegedly told her to 'shush' and kissed her to keep her quiet, it is claimed.
  • He carried on for four minutes before getting off and apologising because he was 'having problems with his kids and babymother', the court heard. 
  • Afterwards she text him 'get home safe x' before reporting the alleged rape to the police seven hours later.   

1 hour ago, Incumbent said:

someone "rapes" you and you text "get home safe x" before reporting them for rape?

I need a #metoo person to explain this to me please??

Her "attacker" had already left the yard, so its not like she had to play nice to make sure he didn't do any further madness.

I am confused...I cant apply any logic to this (I normally bants trying to understand women is a fools game, but...)  I am really struggling here. There must have been an outside influence spitting foolishness in her ears the next day, as after the event her initial actions do not line up.

17 hours ago, TheOneGameBaller said:

Powerful #IBelieveHer rallies took place all over Ireland today

IN THE HOURS that followed the ‘not guilty’ verdicts in the Ulster Rugby rape trial, word landed that rallies would take place around the county the following day in response to the treatment of women within the justice system.

http://www.dailyedge.ie/solidarity-demonstrations-3931180-Mar2018/

booooooooy reading through the chain of messages, I think I stand with her too

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/worst-night-ever-raped-full-12271869

Seems like an air of naivety in regards to where things would go, but that doesn't excuse what took place. Not sure how a jury could see the message trail and not convict, unless they thought she was a willing/eager participant.  

13 minutes ago, Simply D said:

Seems like an air of naivety in regards to where things would go, but that doesn't excuse what took place. Not sure how a jury could see the message trail and not convict, unless they thought she was a willing/eager participant.  

wow, this is all mad

41 minutes ago, Simply D said:

that's what I thought until i read the jury make up

The jury of eight men and three women at Belfast Crown Court returned its unanimous verdict after deliberating for a total of three hours and 45 minutes

those 8 guys probably "leaned" on the 3 women or went hard in persuading them

at least 2 of dem guys should have been found guilty, the message trial is damming, especially the deleted but retrieved ones

the victim should have gone to po po asap tbh

TBH stuff like this just shoes how naive most of you are

The reason the jury read those text messages and came to a not guilty verdict is because there's absolutely nothing in the messages that prove rape beyond reasonable doubt

She said she didn't consent in messages to her friend and to the geezer that dropped her home

When she told the breh that dropped her home she didn't consent his response was shock and one of the other brehs said she's a silly girl who's done something and now regrets it

That in itself is reasonable doubt nah?

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

14 hours ago, dayomesaydayo said:

The thing with cases like this is that a lot of the info that the jury hear in court the public dont.

This is why i find both the feminists marching and the men naming her on twitter and abusing her to be equally as stupid as eachother. 

In reality it’s 6 of one half a dozen of the other

More time newspapers will print sensationalist information in order to sell their publication or bait you into reading their version of events

In court more often than not there’s evidence that isnt admissible which means the jury won’t get to hear about it and also a bunch of other stuff that’s so mundane and straight forward it’s not in the interest of the newspapers to print

This is why they tell jurors to steer clear of the news etc when they’re doing jury service as there’s a possibility they could be made aware of something that won’t be heard in open court

/

Dont see anything wrong with the feminists marching tbh

Only issue I have with them is that some of the rhetoric they spout is actually putting more women at risk IMO

1 hour ago, Trap God said:

In reality it’s 6 of one half a dozen of the other

More time newspapers will print sensationalist information in order to sell their publication or bait you into reading their version of events

In court more often than not there’s evidence that isnt admissible which means the jury won’t get to hear about it and also a bunch of other stuff that’s so mundane and straight forward it’s not in the interest of the newspapers to print

This is why they tell jurors to steer clear of the news etc when they’re doing jury service as there’s a possibility they could be made aware of something that won’t be heard in open court

/

Dont see anything wrong with the feminists marching tbh

Only issue I have with them is that some of the rhetoric they spout is actually putting more women at risk IMO

What are these?

8 minutes ago, Kompressor said:

When i read the messages on here I was expecting someone to admit to rape or apologise or something. 

Agree; There is nothing in those messages to prove she was raped.

That is true. The bottom line is that we were not the jurors. It’s wrong that the WhatsApp messages were leaked/obtained  to/by the press because now we have this Lynch mob.

Completely wrong in my opinion. There’s nothing wrong with protesting a verdict but considering the circumstances around this case (and all rape cases), the evidence should be concealed and  the identities of the defendants should not be revealed  unless they’re found guilty.

should the messages have said

"cant believe she tried to push us off bro, thanks for holding her legs open!!"

in the messages they said she left the house in hysterics n how this isnt going to end well. that was BEFORE anyone got pulled in for questioning.

me personally post beat, im not thinking "aaahh this is going to go south, i better get a lawyer".

they knew they violated, I would hate to think what BS the defendants legal team were spewing about the girl.

Again. 

Nothing in the messages proved what happened. 

Remember; all the defending legal team has to do is raise an element of uncertainty in the mind of the jury.

The prosecution has to prove guilt. Those messages may or may not help a case, what is for sure is; they don't PROVE anything. 

Also as has already been pointed out, this is only one example of the evidence provided.

(Can't believe I'm on here seemingly defending potential rapists)

@Grafter @Kompressor

The specifics don't really matter but as an example I've heard people promoting the notion that women have the right to change their mind during sex and if a man continues then that's rape

My problem with rhetoric like this is that IMO if these people care about women so much why arent they arming women with information to help them identify potentially dangerous situations and how to avoid them or what to do if they find themselves in danger

Any step in this direction is seen by "feminists" and the PC gang as victim blaming

For me at the end of the day when you put certain niggas in a scenario whereby it's them and a woman in a vulnerable position these man are taking the p*ssy regardless of what a womans wishes are

No amount of talk re consent is gonna change that man know what rape is and certain man simply couldn't give a shit

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Simply D said:

should the messages have said

"cant believe she tried to push us off bro, thanks for holding her legs open!!"

in the messages they said she left the house in hysterics n how this isnt going to end well. that was BEFORE anyone got pulled in for questioning.

me personally post beat, im not thinking "aaahh this is going to go south, i better get a lawyer".

they knew they violated, I would hate to think what BS the defendants legal team were spewing about the girl.

Its really quite simple

I think its likely this woman got raped

Does that mean the text messages prove it beyond reasonable doubt?

Not at all.

@Trap God@Kompressor

So we seemly agree something untoward DID take place here, but because there wasn't definitive black/white evidence like a random video footage they got off.

I am not sure how any convictions are achieved then (which is the issue being highlighted), but as always it seems to come down to which legal team spins the better story.

And 110% common sense has to play a part in situations people allow themselves to get in to, but there is no grey area once one of the parties expresses a wish to stop.

1 hour ago, Trap God said:

@Grafter @Kompressor

The specifics don't really matter but as an example I've heard people promoting the notion that women have the right to change their mind during sex and if a man continues then that's rape

My problem with rhetoric like this is that IMO if these people care about women so much why arent they arming women with information to help them identify potentially dangerous situations and how to avoid them or what to do if they find themselves in danger

Any step in this direction is seen by "feminists" and the PC gang as victim blaming

For me at the end of the day when you put certain niggas in a scenario whereby it's them and a woman in a vulnerable position these man are taking the p*ssy regardless of what a womans wishes are

No amount of talk re consent is gonna change that man know what rape is and certain man simply couldn't give a shit

Recognising a dangerous situation and changing ur mind during sex are different elements of an encounter.

Any reason could make a woman change her mind, an she has that right, its her body -jus like a man can except he usually has the physical opportunity to do that with little challenge or restriction. Yes we kno there are man out there who wont business about that, we can be as educated as we like on that. But once in the situation, if ur not feeling it, ur not feeling it, the obligation isnt on the woman to accept violation because things have got this far

Its not rhetoric to say this Mudiwa, it absolutely is rape if a woman says stop and a man carries on. How they got to that point is irrelevant to the law.

The education comes into play in terms of healthy sexual relationships in adult life but people will be people, rape isn't justifiable because perhaps a woman happened to be naïve (isn't always naivety that gets people here).

You say that this rhetoric they spout is puttin more women at risk. Actually it is saving women. We have been at risk for years, women have been gettin violated in this sort of context for years and blamin themselves. Women aren't now goin out on the road (on the whole) to put man in this position because we heard some rhetoric. No, we finally gettin some clarity and support on an area we never had that before. Until recently, that situation is deemed our fault. 

I'm jus responding to your post here, not actually in relation to this case because I haven't read it.