#MeToo Movement

O Fenomeno

On 01/04/2018 at 9:15 AM, Trap God said:

In reality it’s 6 of one half a dozen of the other

More time newspapers will print sensationalist information in order to sell their publication or bait you into reading their version of events

In court more often than not there’s evidence that isnt admissible which means the jury won’t get to hear about it and also a bunch of other stuff that’s so mundane and straight forward it’s not in the interest of the newspapers to print

This is why they tell jurors to steer clear of the news etc when they’re doing jury service as there’s a possibility they could be made aware of something that won’t be heard in open court

/

Dont see anything wrong with the feminists marching tbh

Only issue I have with them is that some of the rhetoric they spout is actually putting more women at risk IMO

Agree. Especialy the bit in bold.

This is a problem i have with them as well.

They dont care about women.

54 minutes ago, Grafter said:

Recognising a dangerous situation and changing ur mind during sex are different elements of an encounter.

Any reason could make a woman change her mind, an she has that right, its her body -jus like a man can except he usually has the physical opportunity to do that with little challenge or restriction. Yes we kno there are man out there who wont business about that, we can be as educated as we like on that. But once in the situation, if ur not feeling it, ur not feeling it, the obligation isnt on the woman to accept violation because things have got this far

Its not rhetoric to say this Mudiwa, it absolutely is rape if a woman says stop and a man carries on. How they got to that point is irrelevant to the law.

The education comes into play in terms of healthy sexual relationships in adult life but people will be people, rape isn't justifiable because perhaps a woman happened to be naïve (isn't always naivety that gets people here).

You say that this rhetoric they spout is puttin more women at risk. Actually it is saving women. We have been at risk for years, women have been gettin violated in this sort of context for years and blamin themselves. Women aren't now goin out on the road (on the whole) to put man in this position because we heard some rhetoric. No, we finally gettin some clarity and support on an area we never had that before. Until recently, that situation is deemed our fault. 

I'm jus responding to your post here, not actually in relation to this case because I haven't read it.

I don't think any of this is actually in the best interests of WOMEN

It's all well and good being in the right and not being obligated to do X or Y but I don't imagine it makes the slightest bit of difference once you've made decisions that have made you a soft target or potentially delivered you into the hands of a rapist

Prevention is always better than cure IMO

Imagine we told CHILDREN

You can take sweets from strangers but remember you aren't obligated to get in a car with them

OR 

It's ok to get in a car with a stranger because if at any point you feel unsure about where you're going you can tell them to stop the car and get out

OR

If you agree to go back to a stranger's house you have the right to leave any time you want

Would be INSANITY

I don't think someone could objectively conclude that this kind of rhetoric was arming kids with information that was gonna HELP them stay safe

• Like 3

Sexual relationships are a lot more complex than that. Dont think that over simplification helps anybody. In any case if a child takes them sweets its not their fault they got snatched, none of what happens to that child is the fault of the child, the fault is on the attacker

It is correct to say we all need to be educated

It is incorrect and naive to think that with all the education in the world, these situations would not occur. Just because a woman has sex with a stranger does not mean anything that happens to her is all her fault

Furthermore your rhetoric is dangerous because these incidence don't just occur with strangers. 

No one is sayin that ur right to say no mid sex is keeping people safe (for a woman knowin that right was violated only helps with prosecution) - only in  that the message is actually more pertinent to men before the fact, that is letting you men kno there are consequences to your actions if u decide to violate once asked to stop.

A womans right to say no is not necessarily a prevention, or self help against rape. people have sex, people will always have encounters with strangers and sexual education is one side of the story, the other side is people being held accountable for breaking the law. We have laws to protect our freedoms, one of those freedoms in this country is to fuck around

2 hours ago, Grafter said:

Sexual relationships are a lot more complex than that. Dont think that over simplification helps anybody. In any case if a child takes them sweets its not their fault they got snatched, none of what happens to that child is the fault of the child, the fault is on the attacker

It is correct to say we all need to be educated

It is incorrect and naive to think that with all the education in the world, these situations would not occur. Just because a woman has sex with a stranger does not mean anything that happens to her is all her fault

Why do you seem more interested in who’s fault things are than exploring ways to keep women safer in a world full of sexual predators?

2 minutes ago, Incumbent said:

giphy.gif

Someone is uninterested again

Who trap?

No of course, its aimed at me...

Im terribly sorry if its such a problem that im not interested in responding to a point that is erroneous and frankly has already been addressed in the bits he chose to cut out

/

Do ur eyebrows better

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Simply D said:

@Trap God@Kompressor

So we seemly agree something untoward DID take place here, but because there wasn't definitive black/white evidence like a random video footage they got off.

I am not sure how any convictions are achieved then (which is the issue being highlighted), but as always it seems to come down to which legal team spins the better story.

And 110% common sense has to play a part in situations people allow themselves to get in to, but there is no grey area once one of the parties expresses a wish to stop.

I agree. The systems fucked. However that is the system.

I'm shocked that any rape cases actually result in guilty verdicts ad the victim is fighting an uphill battle from day 1 unless there is an apology or some sort of clear admittance. 

The of course you have the clearly bullshit accusations with further cloud the topic lengthening the hill.

8 hours ago, Trap God said:

@Grafter @Kompressor

The specifics don't really matter but as an example I've heard people promoting the notion that women have the right to change their mind during sex and if a man continues then that's rape

My problem with rhetoric like this is that IMO if these people care about women so much why arent they arming women with information to help them identify potentially dangerous situations and how to avoid them or what to do if they find themselves in danger

Any step in this direction is seen by "feminists" and the PC gang as victim blaming

For me at the end of the day when you put certain niggas in a scenario whereby it's them and a woman in a vulnerable position these man are taking the p*ssy regardless of what a womans wishes are

No amount of talk re consent is gonna change that man know what rape is and certain man simply couldn't give a shit

I had a similar chat a few weeks ago. 

I was listening to a Joe Rogan podcast. They were talking about Women's fashion and how its almost designed to be uncomfortable and restrictive in movement. 

Joe was of the opinion, linked to the Weinstein case that this was arguably designed by (mostly men) as such to make them vulnerable. 

I.E. a woman  in.a long tight skirt and high heels is a lot less able to defend herself. 

I complained that is was a social construct where women on a Friday or Saturday night go out in clothes thatthey even by the end of the night admit is tottally uncomfortable and can't wait to get out of. 

In that chat I was accused of victim blaming. I tried to explain that sadly scumbags who target women will always be out there. Any magic wand to rid us all of them is far away, untill then women need to be equipped and prepared to face that danger. 

In the same way I equip myself if somebody wanted to car Jack me or knock me of my Motorbike and take that. 

The wannabe feminists in the group weren't having it though. 

I said that as true feminists it was my opinion that they should be empowering women to defend themselves and equip themselves with tools psychologically and physically to defend when such fuckery occurs..

The convo was a long one and didn't get anywhere. 

They were hooked on all men should be taught not to rape. 

Imagine my Dad sitting me down and teaching me not to rape someone. Anyone in need of such lesson is already too far gone in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/03/2018 at 1:20 PM, Simply D said:

booooooooy reading through the chain of messages, I think I stand with her too

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/worst-night-ever-raped-full-12271869

Seems like an air of naivety in regards to where things would go, but that doesn't excuse what took place. Not sure how a jury could see the message trail and not convict, unless they thought she was a willing/eager participant.  

All of these rugby man been sacked.

On 02/04/2018 at 6:44 PM, Kompressor said:

I'm shocked that any rape cases actually result in guilty verdicts ad the victim is fighting an uphill battle from day 1 unless there is an apology or some sort of clear admittance.

You're forgetting physical evidence, forced entry, bruising etc...

On 02/04/2018 at 6:55 PM, Kompressor said:

Imagine my Dad sitting me down and teaching me not to rape someone. Anyone in need of such lesson is already too far gone in my opinion.

Nah, this convo doesn't have to happen under the context of rape but it does need to happen in a young teenagers life.

Parents or schools are not doing a great job of letting young boys understand that they are not entitled to sexual gratification.

I've said on here already all the black boys in my youngest sisters year caught charges and put on sex offenders register for effectively "feeling up" a couple of girls at the school.

Most man on here did the same thing at one stage I'm guessing and got away with it, nobody expects that to end in court.

That is the problem imo, that we view something like that at that age as minor, it's not really.

But at the same time it seems harsh to bring the full force of the law down on a kid of 14 who it could be argued wasn't to know any better.

But many violations of women are perpetrated by people who are not deemed rapist's in the traditional sense.

There are man I used to know and had to drop who would run train on tings and think nothing of it.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Toney Barton said:

Nah, this convo doesn't have to happen under the context of rape but it does need to happen in a young teenagers life.

Parents or schools are not doing a great job of letting young boys understand that they are not entitled to sexual gratification.

I've said on here already all the black boys in my youngest sisters year caught charges and put on sex offenders register for effectively "feeling up" a couple of girls at the school.

Most man on here did the same thing at one stage I'm guessing and got away with it, nobody expects that to end in court.

That is the problem imo, that we view something like that at that age as minor, it's not really.

But at the same time it seems harsh to bring the full force of the law down on a kid of 14 who it could be argued wasn't to know any better.

But many violations of women are perpetrated by people who are not deemed rapist's in the traditional sense.

There are man I used to know and had to drop who would run train on tings and think nothing of it.

C/S everything 

i will definitely be talking to all of the young males when the reach a certain age not to touch girls 

1 hour ago, JOHN DOE said:

C/S everything 

i will definitely be talking to all of the young males when the reach a certain age not to touch girls 

Its not a certain age. It needs to be instilled from the jump off.

From playing kiss chase , cow boy and indians and them games there