#MeToo Movement

O Fenomeno

On 7/18/2018 at 9:51 AM, Heero Yuy said:

lol there's a decent number of man that backed this metoo movement, only to be eaten by it when their own history came to light. Mad thing is there's probably a few man who backed it because how they acted when they were younger resonated with what they're hearing about.  But instead of being championed as the men who have done wrong, admitted it and championing the new cause, metoo just stringing them up too :rofl:

unless your history is perfect, men just need to stay away from this and let it run it's course.

Les Moonves is the director of CBS 

Moonves voiced support for the #MeToo movement against sexual harassment in the workplace and was a founding member of the "Commission on Sexual Harassment and Advancing Equality in the Workplace", formed in late 2017 to "tackle the broad culture of abuse and power disparity"

Niggas created a movement and thought he was sweet for riding the wave.

"In July 2018, The New York Times reported that Moonves would be the subject of an investigation by the board of directors of CBS for allegations of "personal misconduct" which involve "allegations that go back several decades" according to a statement by the board. According to The New Yorker, six women accuse Moonves of harassment and intimidation, and dozens more describe abuse at CBS. Moonves was subsequently placed under investigation by the CBS board"

This is just great 

• 3 weeks later...

Jackmaster been on a Harvey wave, he’s blaming the GHB though...

https://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=42325

while we're on a roll here...

Acelebrated female professor at New York University has been found responsible for sexually harassing a male former graduate, prompting a host of leading feminists to spring to her defense. 

Avital Ronell, a world-renowned professor of German and comparative literature, described by a colleague as “one of the very few philosopher-stars of this world,” was suspended by NYU in the spring, at the end of an 11-month investigation. 

Her former student, Nimrod Reitman, now 34, accused the 66-year-old of physical and verbal harassment, detailing how she kissed and touched him repeatedly, slept in his bed with him, demanded he lie in her bed, held his hand, texted, emailed and called him constantly, and refused to work with him if he did not reciprocate.  

In emails, she referred to him as “my most adored one,” “Sweet cuddly Baby,” “c*ck-er spaniel,” and “my astounding and beautiful Nimrod.” 

Mr Reitman is gay and is now married to a man; Ms Ronell is a lesbian. 

Avita Ronell is a highly regarded academic CREDIT: ICA FILMS

She denied accusations of harassment, telling The New York Times: “Our communications — which Reitman now claims constituted sexual harassment — were between two adults, a gay man and a queer woman, who share an Israeli heritage, as well as a penchant for florid and campy communications arising from our common academic backgrounds and sensibilities. 

“These communications were repeatedly invited, responded to and encouraged by him over a period of three years.” 

The university, however, upheld Mr Reitman’s complaints of sexual harassment, although she was cleared of sexual assault, stalking and retaliation. 

The university suspended her for the next academic year, leading a group of scholars from around the world, including influential feminists such as Judith Butler, to send a letter to NYU in defence of Ms Ronell.  

They described Mr Reitman as “the individual who has waged this malicious campaign against her,” in a letter that has been compared to the support shown to prominent men accused of harassment and assault as part of the #MeToo movement. 

“We testify to the grace, the keen wit, and the intellectual commitment of Professor Ronell and ask that she be accorded the dignity rightly deserved by someone of her international standing and reputation,” they wrote.

look how quickly they flock to protect one of their own. If you ever needed to see what really drives this movement, look no further.

3 minutes ago, The Infamous said:

What wht 

dont even understand that line tbh looking back it’s kinda gay. Nore we need answers 

N.O.R.E. explained these seemingly non-sensical lines in a rather shocking 2005 interview, saying that he chose that type of dog for the Neptunes because of what he heard about their sexual orientation:

LSD- Not to change the subject entirely, but can you explain “Light a candle, run laps around the English Channel, Neptunes’ got a cocker spaniel”?

N- Well, when you light a candle, that’s saluting your dead peoples. Light a Candle. And then, what’s the English Channel? It’s a big pool of water and it’s overseas.So I’m trying to say that when I light a candle I’m that strong that I can run laps around the English Channel. And Neptunes [producers featured prominently on Noreaga’s two solo albums] have a cocker spaniel. ‘Cause they homo.

[Pause]

LSD- Oh. All right.

N- Neptunes is homo. You won’t hear another Neptunes track again on Noreaga again in your life. I didn’t know that they hand was broken. [makes limp-wristed gesture]

LSD- Is this a recent discovery?

N- It’s a recent discovery after the “Oh No” video. After money had the tight choker on in that video. And we started asking questions, and people from Virginia started telling us that he’s a straight Flagrino. And he takes it up the ass. I cut him off.

LSD- Even though the beats–

N- Fuck the beats! [laughter] I can’t fuck with nobody that Mohammed used to throw off the hill. You know, Mohammed used to take all the homo niggas in the village, and he’d take ‘em to the top of the hill and he tricked them. He’d tell ‘em ‘Yo, jump down there’, and when they’d jump down there, they killed they self. We don’t fuck with homo. I like lesbians, though. I’ma stand up–I like lesbians and dykes. If you’re lesbian and dyke you’re okay to me, but if you’re a homo, I don’t even like you

In later, back-tracky interviews, N.O.R.E. changed his tune and said that it was slang for a gun.

• Like 1

?so he was dissing his producers?

on Genius someone comments this:

You see there’s a problem with the sequence of events in this “explanation,” right? He says he learned they were gay when they were shooting the video for “Oh No,” which was recorded about a year after this song.

He was clearly using this as an opportunity to air out some backward ideas (which he’s also recanted) – but there’s no way he meant these lyrics as a slur at the time.

15 minutes ago, dub said:

?so he was dissing his producers?

on Genius someone comments this:

You see there’s a problem with the sequence of events in this “explanation,” right? He says he learned they were gay when they were shooting the video for “Oh No,” which was recorded about a year after this song.

He was clearly using this as an opportunity to air out some backward ideas (which he’s also recanted) – but there’s no way he meant these lyrics as a slur at the time.

hes chatting nonsense coz he then made "nothin" lol in 2002

44 minutes ago, Seydou said:

????

That Nore thing caught me way off

/

This story was def leaked by Harvey. Reading the story sounds like kid was on it til he realised he was broke and needed money.

His own parents stealing from him.

She still took advantage of him

An clearly with parents like that, hes more of a vulnerable person

Shes there talking like shes his mum. From since the first film they did together (offkey story line) she musta been thinking along these predatory lines

Jus cos he messaged her normally after that doesn't change how it all made him feel

1 hour ago, Grafter said:

She still took advantage of him

An clearly with parents like that, hes more of a vulnerable person

Shes there talking like shes his mum. From since the first film they did together (offkey story line) she musta been thinking along these predatory lines

Jus cos he messaged her normally after that doesn't change how it all made him feel

I think he saw an opportunity with this MeToo. Guy is not traumatized or whatever he's claiming.

One thing though, this has some people shook e.g.

Thats your opinion mate

Given the information supplied thus far regardless of the timin of his accusation, she's a wrong un

37? An hes 17

Even if he wasnt traumatised as u seem so sure he wasnt (cos u kno him). This still should be revealed to the public

An this metoo thing has given many people confidence to come out. It's actually harder for a man to come out with something like this as u are proving by dismissin his stated feelings from across the pond

Let it all come out. We tell the truth an shame the devil