2017/18 Cold Winter

Drift

3 hours ago, Heero Yuy said:

“But he’s only 17.”

” He didn’t know any better.”

”How does this benefit the public?”

”He’s just getting over being born” (insert more idiotic posts to protect his identity)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Realone2016 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-42616297

Killed for doing his job and not selling yutes alcohol,  london ain't the one anymore.

And yeah my view is shifting left over the reporting policy.

It was over not selling rizla papers but it’s sad either way. He came to this country to make something of his life and he lost it over some scumbags who no doubt, probably won’t amount to anything in life.

There’s no deterrent for low lives like this. They know they’ll do a joke sentence in which they’ll serve half the time. Come back out onto the streets and continue the cycle.

It really says  something when some people are more concerned with the rights of criminals when those same criminals have no regards for anyone else’s life.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Realone2016 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-42616297

Killed for doing his job and not selling yutes alcohol,  london ain't the one anymore.

And yeah my view is shifting left over the reporting policy.

That is tragic.

We all been at a Newsagent or Petrol station late at night where a young kid hanging about outside asks if we can buy them some rizla or alcohol.

To think a man lost his life for that, fucking hell.

Senseless world.

5 hours ago, TheOneGameBaller said:

It was over not selling rizla papers but it’s sad either way. He came to this country to make something of his life and he lost it over some scumbags who no doubt, probably won’t amount to anything in life.

There’s no deterrent for low lives like this. They know they’ll do a joke sentence in which they’ll serve half the time. Come back out onto the streets and continue the cycle.

It really says  something when some people are more concerned with the rights of criminals when those same criminals have no regards for anyone else’s life.

what sentence do you think would be reasonable here?

53 minutes ago, Meticulous said:

what sentence do you think would be reasonable here?

Well let me state I’m 100% against the death penalty because:

1). It has never been proven to be a deterrent from commiting crimes. 

2). If the wrong person is tried under capital punishment, you can’t undo it and even if let’s say 95% are guilty beyond doubt and put to death, it’s immoral for the other 5% to be killed despite being innocent.

In this case, I don’t know all the facts. It will more than likely be manslaughter based on what I’ve read. If this “boy” did murder this shop keeper over some rizla papers, I’d say 30 years minimum with no parole. The man he murdered will never get his life back and he has destroyed the lives of his friends and family. So even at 46, he’ll still have the rest of his life to live once released. 

As much as I think he’s a scumbag for what he has allegedly done, it’s just as inhumane to give American style 50/60 year prison sentences. I believe there are those that can be rehabilitated and there are those that are  beyond help.

My only beef has been with people saying they shouldn’t be named and shamed because of their age. If you commit an act as evil as murder, rape, molestation, you’ve forfeited your right to anonymity. 

My two cents.

people love the old 'no deterrent, joke sentence, half the time' lyric. at the end of the day the yout punched someone once and the guy died. how long do you want the minimum sentence for punching people to be in order to deter people from doing that in the first place? 10 years minimum no parole?

22 minutes ago, PascalMoriarty said:

30 Years minimum with no parole? you may as well give him the 50.

Im not saying I have the perfect answers but he’ll still have his life to live at 46, as opposed to his victim. At the moment, most sentences handed out for man slaughter are a joke. You’ll get more time for dodging taxes then you would for murdering someone in a hit and run.

16 minutes ago, Meticulous said:

people love the old 'no deterrent, joke sentence, half the time' lyric. at the end of the day the yout punched someone once and the guy died. how long do you want the minimum sentence for punching people to be in order to deter people from doing that in the first place? 10 years minimum no parole?

Like I said, I don’t have all the facts. Every case has to be judged on their individual merit. If someone got punched and they died, and the person who threw the punch was defending themselves, common sense should dictate that they shouldn’t serve time. 

So please don’t make this argument reductive to “time for punching someone.” Or deterrents from punching.

If he punched the guy and he lived, at most it would be GBH. Again, my point isn’t about stopping people from punching each other. The story suggests the murderer was the aggressor and if that’s the case, he should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.