2017/18 Cold Winter

Drift

Stop & search will always be senstive issue for black people. Harks back to the 70s 80s "Sus Law"  which triggered many of the riots back then for unfair harrassment by the pigs.

St Pauls, Brixton, Toxteth, Liverpool; Handsworth and Leeds

Nothing has changed, and now these creative stats and headlines ensure the minority black population are the poster child concerning crime. To back the behaviour the gov and pigs who have no intention of changing discrimination practices.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I understand the need for stop and search 

It's mainly the attitude of the person doing the search and his companions I had a problem with 

Stop and search on vehicles should be recorded imo.

If a vehicle has been stopped once within 12 months then when they run the plates it should be policy to let it go.

Obviously this should be secret otherwise people will try game the system with contraband etc...

Regarding attitude, yeah, the lack of respect shown to grown men can be ridiculous at times.

23 minutes ago, Meticulous said:

nonsense

Why?

It would go a long way to reducing the feeling of harassment many people feel.

Off the top of my head I can remember both Jermaine Defoe and Stephen Lawrence's brother talking about starting proceedings in harassment cases against the Police.

4 hours ago, Vtec said:

Stop & search will always be senstive issue for black people. Harks back to the 70s 80s "Sus Law"  which triggered many of the riots back then for unfair harrassment by the pigs.

St Pauls, Brixton, Toxteth, Liverpool; Handsworth and Leeds

Nothing has changed, and now these creative stats and headlines ensure the minority black population are the poster child concerning crime. To back the behaviour the gov and pigs who have no intention of changing discrimination practices.

Pos pos pos pos pos

you cannot compare the context in which the sus laws happened to this era. By all accounts back then the police where much more overtly racist and excessive. Nowadays the people who usually have a problem with police stop and search are the ones who conveniently ignore the reality of what's in front of them regards crime or former criminals who prob got personal gripes with Feds 

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, ag. said:

Black people like Vtec who always want to blame this and that instead of looking inwardly to resolve problems are one of the main enemies of progress for the 'black community' in the uk

Nah no blame game. 

Biggest mistake is black people seeking equality from an oppressor/destroyer and expecting fairness.