Logan Sama kicked from BBC

Afroman

Is there actually a shows worth of grime available to play ? Or is it like ukg after 2003 where its just the same old songs mixed in a diffferent order ?

He should stick with e sports see man doing commentary on bt sport the other day

1 hour ago, Badman said:

Huh? 

Do you not agree that scorned females are toxic? 

I have not said anywhere that Scorned men are not and its not a competition to see which gender is worse I was merely talking in context to what was said about females not wanting to work with him for whatever reason

It dangerous to be presumptuous, allow the anti gender rhetoric and miscuing my words to fill whatever agenda thats just long

that's her thing bro :rofl:

she actually comes across as a scorned woman, how, why, when I don't know

all i know is you say one thing, she jumps in talking some other shit that was never said

it's like she's always looking to have the last word especially when it's gender related

37 minutes ago, Admin. said:

Is there actually a shows worth of grime available to play ? Or is it like ukg after 2003 where its just the same old songs mixed in a diffferent order ?

He should stick with e sports see man doing commentary on bt sport the other day

there is a boatload of stuff tbf, its not like before times when it was on life support

1 hour ago, Incumbent said:

all i know is you say one thing, she jumps in talking some other shit that was never said

it's like she's always looking to have the last word especially when it's gender related

Describing the same type of militant black woman mentality Logan was taking about in his tweet it's mad:rofl:

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

No scorn here

I love men. There is beauty in your fragility. The way you express your fragility attracts me like a moth to a flame. You are like human Fabergé eggs, magnificent, complex, outstanding priceless eggs.

Also militant just isn't an insult if any of you care to understand what it means

13 hours ago, Trap God said:

Describing the same type of militant black woman mentality Logan was taking about in his tweet it's mad:rofl:

Only he is white therefore he cannot refer to another ethnicity in a disparaging way

i don't know if grafter can be described as a militant black woman. Her race has nothing to do with it. She is just a woman 

and I say this with the utmost respect and not sending whatsoever (although she will take offence as she is a woman) but she is very defensive, petty and always must get the last word 

her behaviour reminds me of most women I know these days 

16 hours ago, Grafter said:

There's no agenda yemoh

Goin by what was said they dont wanna work with him cos of the tweets.

ok but to be clear I was going by what they also said that certain ladies didnt want to work with him for whatever reason, which is unprofessional and quite hypocritical btw 

15 hours ago, Incumbent said:

Nah Grace aint scorned I can vouch for that, if anything just a bit over passionate about certain sensitive topics 

My guess is that shes overcompensating for being the only female in a male dominated platform 

43 minutes ago, JOHN DOE said:

Only he is white therefore he cannot refer to another ethnicity in a disparaging way

i don't know if grafter can be described as a militant black woman. Her race has nothing to do with it. She is just a woman 

and I say this with the utmost respect and not sending whatsoever (although she will take offence as she is a woman) but she is very defensive, petty and always must get the last word 

This comin from a man who was petty enough to look for my email an threaten to make a neeky topic about me

You guys are in glass yard

Just now, Badman said:

Nah Grace aint scorned I can vouch for that, if anything just a bit over passionate about certain sensitive topics 

My guess is that shes overcompensating for being the only female in a male dominated platform 

Perhaps this is the most accurate observation

20 minutes ago, Yeshua said:

Let them tell it 10 years from now Grime will be the new Rock N Roll, funny i never remember all these friendly white faces when i was participating in clashes and listening to Crazy T back in 03.

incomparable

1 hour ago, JOHN DOE said:

This post in itself illustrates the hypocrisy of what youre saying

By your logic you are a man thus you cannot refer to another gender in a disparaging way

Logan Sama, Over Familiarity & Misogynoir

November 11, 2017

On Wednesday 8th November,  BBC Radio announced Logan Sama had been dropped as the host of a new weekly Grime show on BBC Radio 1xtra, the network’s home for Black British music. The decision was made following a public Twitter discussion between Sama and another 1xtra DJ Twin B regarding Sama’s 2013 and 2015 tweets about black women. According to  Twin B, the tweets “had been floating around the last few weeks more than ever since the show announcement.” I hear you asking, what exactly did the tweets in question say that would warrant being stripped of BBC show?

As always, the good folks on Twitter always have evidence when the court of public opinion convenes. In 2013 Twitter user Aaron A1 responded to Sama writing “or a lighty called Ella with a white Dad and a black Mum = belly” to which Sama responded “lightties with that parentage have the WORST attitudes lol”. Later that year he tweeted “@casisdead Just holl at Chams for a new one. All those lighties are all the same anyway.” Then in a 2015 thread with prominent black men on Twitter, Logan Sama wrote “I’ve had these international militant black females who’ve never listened to grime @ing me lol”.

In a statement released on Twitter, Logan Sama said he agreed and understood “these comments are indefensible regardless of their context” and acknowledges his priviledge being able “to promote this genre” and a community he loves. I’d be remiss not to remind you lawlessness and recklessness reigned supreme in the early days of Twitter. Every time someone gets in trouble for old tweets, I go back through my history to clean house, fearful I too will be stripped of all I’ve worked for. That being said, Sama’s apology failed to address the beating heart of the issue; his “jokes” weren’t directed towards “the community” or “the genre”, they were reserved for the most denigrated and underrepresented members; black women.

Black women are the least regarded members of society and as a result, on time like a Katie Hopkins hot take no one asked for, black (and white) men sprung into action to cape for their fallen leader. “You felt so threatened that you had to dig up old tweets that have been apologised for to try end a man’s career”, “Very very harsh, we live in a hypersensitive world where jokes aren’t allowed and everyone is offended by everything”, “What he said was wrong, he acknowledge that from time ago. Don’t think he should of lost the show.”  and my personal favourite “The Logan Sama ting is not that deep at all. Just SJW at it again”  The real question is, his comments aren’t that deep to who? Who was affected by what he said? Who felt less than and worthless because of his “jokes”? Men can rally all they like and debate how he deserving he is of his show because of all the work he has done in the black community and all that energy will amount to nil because black men weren’t the ones targeted. And oh what a different song you lot would be singing had Sama fixed his fingers to send for dark skin black men or dared to say “all light skin men look alike, just get another one.”  You lot love SJWs when we're marching and crying for black men but turn on us when we ask for respect.

Twitter user @fiaurora articulated the root cause of the issue succinctly “Logan Sama tried to forge brotherhood with black men by sending shots at black women…”  Logan Sama established himself as an authority within black British music, forming close bonds with the black men leaders in the community and in doing so felt comfortable in his position as a white man in a black space he casually perpetuated misogynoir. Misogynoir, the intersection between misogyny and racism, is such a mainstay, so prevalent that guests, like Sama, become overfamiliar and adopt the same egregious behaviour, the same caustic language they have seen and heard in order to further assimilate themselves into black culture. No amount of work done to promote Grime is worth it if black women’s denigration is the cost. Black men are so desperate to protect Logan Sama and their patriarchy, they lambast black women who speak out about the need to hold people accountable. Black women are blamed as if somehow we went back in time, forced Sama to write foolishness on the world wide web and encouraged him to leave it there for the management at the Beeb to see. It is almost as if we should be grateful to Logan Sama for using his whiteness and privilege to promote black music and just accept his waywardness as a side effect. Sounding like white supremacists who tell black people to get over slavery. Kick rocks in flip flops.

Black men, do better by black women. White people occupying black space, do your work and leave black women alone. Black women are now in positions of power and in this case, as Twin B revealed, it was a black woman manager at BBC 1xtra who saw the tweets. Bloop. Congratulations to Sir Spyro for his new weekly grime show.

http://www.danielledash.com/a-quick-read/logansama

#WOBOLIVESMATTER

• Like 3