Logan Sama kicked from BBC

Afroman

The word lighty only became an offence of recent.

But yea he must have thought he could get a pass with the man dem with that lighty comment.

Personally dont think its a big deal, but these are times we live in.

Its witch hunt season

lol, nah he's wrong for the "lighty" comment regardless of the word he used

translates to "mixed race girls with white dads and black mums have the worst attitude"

that might sound like nothing to you but your eyebrow would probably be more raised to something like "girls with both parents that are black have the worst attitude", hypothetically speaking of course, because its a weird way to say "black parents bring up girls to have the worst attitude"... see how when I phrase it like that it seems more offensive? because its now about black people and not about mixed people?

anyways, I could go into an unnecessary rant about how mixed people are sometimes unfairly considered (or rather, not considered).. but that's not for this thread 

but what I'm getting at is Grafter is right to be offended, if she's of mixed ethnicity, or offended for those who are, if she's not

for me its an eye-roll-worthy comment, the dismissive way some black people speak of light skinned / mixed people is one thing, but for white people to join in - who otherwise would never dare say something of a generalised "black people" (but because their target is of lighter skin or of mixed ethnicity it is somehow more okay) - is more offensive

and no, it wasn't that deep, at least not from his perspective

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dub said:

translates to "mixed race girls with white dads and black mums have the worst attitude"

that might sound like nothing to you but your eyebrow would probably be more raised to something like "girls with both parents that are black have the worst attitude", hypothetically speaking of course, because its a weird way to say "black parents bring up girls to have the worst attitude"... see how when I phrase it like that it seems more offensive? because its now about black people and not about mixed people?

anyways, I could go into an unnecessary rant about how mixed people are sometimes unfairly considered (or rather, not considered).. but that's not for this thread 

but what I'm getting at is Grafter is right to be offended, if she's of mixed ethnicity, or offended for those who are, if she's not

for me its an eye-roll-worthy comment, the dismissive way some black people speak of light skinned / mixed people is one thing, but for white people to join in - who otherwise would never dare say something of a generalised "black people" (but because their target is of lighter skin or of mixed ethnicity it is somehow more okay) - is more offensive

Lighty aint no N word bro.

And lets face it. Its hardly used in a derogatory manner.

Tbh he probably heard a few man run the joke and as I said thought he was entitled to a pass.

Dont agree with him using it, bit.ots all monkey see , monkey do

as I said, its regardless of the use of the word "lighty"

he was replying to his mate talking about a girl with a white dad and black mum, then said "___ with that parentage have the worst attitudes lol"

hence why I said: 'translates to "mixed race girls with white dads and black mums have the worst attitude" ' and then followed from that

im not saying he's performed the most heinous of crimes, but its a bit of a par to say it gets a pass 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Afroman said:

Lighty aint no N word bro.

And lets face it. Its hardly used in a derogatory manner.

Tbh he probably heard a few man run the joke and as I said thought he was entitled to a pass.

Dont agree with him using it, bit.ots all monkey see , monkey do

entitled my arse

more red tape over thoughts n language n culture n laws n fucking everything

that's what's wrong with this country n the west in general but this country is super pathetic

should old people be able to drive, should kids be able to own mobile phones, should i be able to rent a room in my house or smoke a cig in my own workplace

this american imported molly coddle race based division just adds to our already yes master serf slave age old feudal system now disguised as cotton wool n goes hand in hand with it on a stroll towards no freedom n complete loss of self sovereignty

i take no part in it 

2 hours ago, dub said:

as I said, its regardless of the use of the word "lighty"

he was replying to his mate talking about a girl with a white dad and black mum, then said "___ with that parentage have the worst attitudes lol"

hence why I said: 'translates to "mixed race girls with white dads and black mums have the worst attitude" '

if anything that is logan beggin it n sucking off black blokes

gorm

1 hour ago, dub said:

Spot on

23 minutes ago, dayomesaydayo said:

Storm in a teacup really.

However if this leads to him getting replaced by a black dj im all for it.

Now do charlie sloth.

I think if he said that about any other set of parentage people would be makin a bigger deal of it but like dub said its no different to sayin 

"black parents bring up girls to have the worst attitude"... 

I wouldn't say its no different. Because we'd happily talk about our white peers growing up, saying that "white parents don't know how to raise their kids" or something like that - because often there'd be some example of white kids with no manners, that might tell their parents to "shut up" and whatever. I imagine people still say the same these days. 

And while its not really fair to generalise in such a way, it still seems way worse to generalise about black people in a similar way - doesn't it? It's always going to seem worse when you talk about about just black people. But that's just the way it is.

But people shouldn't forget that its also offensive to generalise other groups of people in a negative light

4 minutes ago, dub said:

I wouldn't say its no different. Because we'd happily talk about our white peers growing up, saying that "white parents don't know how to raise their kids" or something like that - because often there'd be some example of white kids with no manners, that might tell their parents to "shut up" and whatever. I imagine people still say the same these days. 

And while its not really fair to generalise in such a way, it still seems way worse to generalise about black people in a similar way - doesn't it? It's always going to seem worse when you talk about about just black people. But that's just the way it is.

But people shouldn't forget that its also offensive to generalise other groups of people in a negative light

Whether we agree with stereotypes isnt the point. If a black celeb tweeted that about white parents they would face an even greater backlash

Look what happened to Diane Abbot when she said black women care about their children...

He cant make sweepin racist stereotypes as a public figure and more over a person who is paid by the license payer. Many of whom are mixraced or have mix raced children. 4 years ago he was still a prominent dj on the scene. The arrogance of that kind of tweet is jus smh

• Like 1

well said dub

gracey babes knows this but her lauryn hill mindset is hard to shake

im gonna feed her some ket when i see her so she can finally hug people again 

where i disagree tho is that 'people shouldn't forget that it's offensive to generalise'

people should forget all that, people can generalise positively n negatively, next people can get offended if they choose n shut their mouth or even open it n engage in an intelligent discourse, god forbid, but none of this 

it's way too late for that tho i reckon

everyone has a mouthpiece to be offended now n the bullies shout loudest n the rest of the UK follows suit

2 hours ago, Grafter said:

Whether we agree with stereotypes isnt the point. If a black celeb tweeted that about white parents they would face an even greater backlash

Look what happened to Diane Abbot when she said black women care about their children...

He cant make sweepin racist stereotypes as a public figure and more over a person who is paid by the license payer. Many of whom are mixraced or have mix raced children. 4 years ago he was still a prominent dj on the scene. The arrogance of that kind of tweet is jus smh

it's just a chat tho init

if i was to say that to you in a convo would you tell me i don't deserve empoyment

or would u just carry on undressing me with your eyes

did anything to abbot? i wasn't here i think

Abbott got demoted when she started talking about white people being sinister. But that was in the last Labour gang, Ed Milibands. Its Corbyn's time and she's even further up now I think.

I don't think a white politician can get away with talking about black people in such a way tho. I think this situation is different because Logan has helped black people/culture in such a way that you can see he doesn't actually have some sort of true negative thought in what he's saying. 

2 hours ago, dub said:

Abbott got demoted when she started talking about white people being sinister. But that was in the last Labour gang, Ed Milibands. Its Corbyn's time and she's even further up now I think.

I don't think a white politician can get away with talking about black people in such a way tho. I think this situation is different because Logan has helped black people/culture in such a way that you can see he doesn't actually have some sort of true negative thought in what he's saying. 

ye there's no way a white politician could say anything like that is there come on

the delusions when it comes to these topics

it was about divide n conquer werent it, in a fucking 90% white country n she's still here making p smashing it

to use that as an example is mad

where else in the world would they not be told to sling their hook n possibly have to dip permanently at threat of their life, not puttin her kids through private schools n sipping wine in her million pound crib

• Downvote 3

49 minutes ago, dub said:

White politicians have been dissing blacks for years and keeping their jobs, wtf are you talking about?

But alot of this shit is women on Twitter with insecurities using blackness as a cover on certain occasions. There's loads of legitimate things to come at white people for and the way they consume 'the culture' but the idiots with any little influence, ie this whitb girl wanna go for some innocuous lighty comment. 

• Like 2

anyway

lighty is another pisstake word used by niggas to describe u guessed it niggas

nah not really but still, it's not as disrespectful as jamo- more time it's harmless, just a simple descriptor

but there's definitely a grey area due to certain things dub kinda touched on before niggas started talking about dianne abbot ???

me personally i just say light skin but i'm not about to tell another black man that the word lighty is a slur

logan was definitely begging it with them comments/tryna be down with the blacks by dropping it

• Downvote 2

50 minutes ago, dub said:

This is not what I was talking about.

This is:

Appearing as a guest on Mr Neil’s late-night BBC TWO show The Week, she defended her stance by saying: “West Indian mums will go to the wall for their children.”

Mr Neil immediately reacted, asking whether she thought “black mums love their kids more than white mums”.

He can have that "chat" in private. He cannot as a representative of the bbc and I personally do not get down with that "chat". Stereotypes do need to get broken down because they are damaging. When negative stereotypes are constantly reinforced it only harms those on the end of these crappy generalisations

neg away or engage in an intelligent discourse like i said

if you're just on a oi nah no not your lane kinda thing then you are part of the problem n like i said i'll have no part in it, you've been conditioned to think like an idiot n i will outdebate you easily

if i could see examples of white Gs 'dissing blacks' n keepin their jobs then i'm all for admitting i'm wrong

i don't think that certain fella who said that is quite worth the effort to engage in this debate with

not really sure any of it's worth talkin about tbh, i can just laugh at england bending the knee n be on my way

time for youtube n the vibe fred

peace love n unity jing jing cha ba