MOBO Awards 2017

TTK

3 hours ago, dub said:

C/s. He won the Mercury Prize for it so its definitely been given the recognition it deserves.

I dunno what the MOBOs exist for these days. Is it just funded by the record labels to boost sales? It doesn't feel like its a respected award, at least not for the last decade. 

From the times it’s on channel five classified as a highlights show you can tell it’s not respected as it used to be.

• Like 1

The energy was dead on the GRMDaily award . The energy was dead at the MOBOs also.

MOBO's has the better quality but the people within industry don't really like the politics of the awards.

GRMDaily is like the people's champ,  the majority wants it to overtake MOBOS but because they are new to this award ceremony stuff they are going to have a lot of teething issues. They also need to compete with the pull factor and legacy that the MOBOs have. 

If the scene continues to put through good music hopefully there will be a better awards show next year.

Teething problems: Fair enough, they are new to the game. However surely if this is a reason for the lacklusture of the events. 

They can headhunt someone to project manage the plan for the event. Someone who has delivered events before successfully. Literally, talk them through the do's don'ts, and how to go about things. Setting a blueprint that can be used going forward with tweeks and improvements being made in time. 

That is if thats the problem. 

I haven't watched these awards and haven't watched the MOBO'S for god knows how long. 

My hunch is the awards are a simple as anything event to organise. The dead vibe is due to the people attending and people being targeted to attend. 

Similar situation at worsening atmospheres at football grounds? 

3 hours ago, Kompressor said:

Teething problems: Fair enough, they are new to the game. However surely if this is a reason for the lacklusture of the events. 

My hunch is the awards are a simple as anything event to organise. The dead vibe is due to the people attending and people being targeted to attend. 

Yeah thats what I was trying to say. It is expected but as you said with a proper project management team and I guess more sponsors to support them at a better venue would be helpful.

You are right about the attendance. The rated awards was full of industry heads and not a lot of fans. 

It would be interesting to know what their demographic is when it comes to views.  Because it would not surprise me that the majority of their subscribers are u-18's. 

I reckon the vibe could be better if it was held in a Manchester or Birmingham.

• 9 months later...

well black music is pop music now so... mobos failed to capitalise an got left behind