People who duck calls

used to talk bare on the phone secondary school days, tmobile 5 day pass was everything back then lol

Nowadays i dont even call back when i just see 1 missed call, have never ever picked up unknown callers neither. Did it once and the experience wasnt so nice

lets be real, taking for a long time is what females do. we are straight to the point. it is easier to flirt by text/what's app - I'm not going to ring a girl to smash, it's 2 two messages. if I'm on the phone for more than 5 minutes, it's definitely one of those automated calls.

That said I don't duck calls much, if I do I'm ringing back within 5 mins.

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I CANNOT SEE MYSELF ON THE PHONE THESE DAYS FOR LONGER THAN 20 MINS......

MY MIND WONDERS, AND I GENUINELY CAN NOT HELP IT - I LOSE CONCENTRATION

AGAIN, I WOULD MUCH RATHER SEE THE PERSON/PEOPLE IN PERSON.....

AND ALSO TALKING ON THE PHONE DISABLES ME TO WATCH MY TV SHOWS OR FILMS......

WHATSAPP DOESNT.........

• 3 weeks later...

I stay answering calls. You just never know what it's about. I used to duck calls a lot until one day my boy called 4 times from a next number, answered the 5th time, turns out he had a very lucky day. Won 10000 on a scratch card and a further 870 on roulette at paddy power.

He knew I was not working and pretty broke and down in the dumps. Man set me up nicely.

Another time I was thinking of fucking the call but answered, turned out to be Informa PLC internal recruitment, head hunted me, even though I was working at the time the role and salary was just too good to pass by. Was hired after one face to face, started the following Monday.

And lastly, when my brother passed and my mum kept calling, I was in college but on break, couldn't hear my phone and took ages to reply because I thought she probably wants to tell me to pick up a few bits on the way home. Boy was I wrong when I returned the call.

Answer your calls folks, you literally never know. If it's nonsense then just cut the call short or say you don't have time and will call back.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, General Mac said:

I stay answering calls. You just never know what it's about. I used to duck calls a lot until one day my boy called 4 times from a next number, answered the 5th time, turns out he had a very lucky day. Won 10000 on a scratch card and a further 870 on roulette at paddy power.

He knew I was not working and pretty broke and down in the dumps. Man set me up nicely.

Another time I was thinking of fucking the call but answered, turned out to be Informa PLC internal recruitment, head hunted me, even though I was working at the time the role and salary was just too good to pass by. Was hired after one face to face, started the following Monday.

And lastly, when my brother passed and my mum kept calling, I was in college but on break, couldn't hear my phone and took ages to reply because I thought she probably wants to tell me to pick up a few bits on the way home. Boy was I wrong when I returned the call.

Answer your calls folks, you literally never know. If it's nonsense then just cut the call short or say you don't have time and will call back.

My condolences on your loss bro 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 06/02/2018 at 1:06 AM, underwriter said:

it annoys me when a recruiter calls me......... but DOESNT leave me an e-mail/follow up e-mail.....

I used to hate recruiters that did this until my boy got into recruitment and after couple months he told me why. Newbies and veterans will chase and chase and follow up and email because newbies need to build and maintain that pipeline and of course NOT GET FIRED. Veterans need to maintain that reputation, result, service and cash flow. It's these middle 6 to 9 monthers that have just about hit what they need to to hit, full of confidence, they forget and are too cocky.

I shut them down on a regular