Solar System with 8 planets found

On 19/12/2017 at 3:04 AM, Toney Barton said:

Putting faith in people who have worked most of their lives in this discipline is not really the same thing as believing primitive stories written by primeordial goat herders.

what a foolish statement. since there are scientists and astro physicists that believe in God, the bible and christianity. you are the one who has believed the lies that science and God are mutually exclusive. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, VENOM said:

what a foolish statement. since there are scientists and astro physicists that believe in God, the bible and christianity. you are the one who has believed the lies that science and God are mutually exclusive. 

I swear we have done this before.

The majority of leading scientists do not actually believe in the Bible.

Some have faith there is a higher power but even that doesn't amount to the God of the Christian Bible.

I was a staunch Christian for the 1st 16 years of my life, Communion, Confirmation, Catholic high school, Retreats. I was 1 of the under 10's with the nuns out on the road on a Wednesday evening bringing food to old people's homes.

I had to miss a whole season of football at 15 due to church commitments.

Nobody else in my squad, despite most going to my Catholic school, did that.

I am not coming from the angle of self interest, which is what makes these debates with people so excruciating, I am simply out for truth.

Even now I would consider myself more agnostic than atheist, I just don't believe the Bible is a suitable story of how the universe came into being.

As well as it being incredibly brief there are parts which are incongruous with scientific belief despite what people say to the contrary.

Example:

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.2Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

In Genesis Earth is clearly formed before the Sun.

This chronology goes against the generally accepted view of how not only our solar system but solar systems in general form.

No lies, just inconsistencies I see with my own eyes.

13 hours ago, Toney Barton said:

I swear we have done this before.

The majority of leading scientists do not actually believe in the Bible.

Some have faith there is a higher power but even that doesn't amount to the God of the Christian Bible.

I was a staunch Christian for the 1st 16 years of my life, Communion, Confirmation, Catholic high school, Retreats. I was 1 of the under 10's with the nuns out on the road on a Wednesday evening bringing food to old people's homes.

I had to miss a whole season of football at 15 due to church commitments.

Nobody else in my squad, despite most going to my Catholic school, did that.

I am not coming from the angle of self interest, which is what makes these debates with people so excruciating, I am simply out for truth.

Even now I would consider myself more agnostic than atheist, I just don't believe the Bible is a suitable story of how the universe came into being.

As well as it being incredibly brief there are parts which are incongruous with scientific belief despite what people say to the contrary.

Example:

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.2Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

In Genesis Earth is clearly formed before the Sun.

This chronology goes against the generally accepted view of how not only our solar system but solar systems in general form.

No lies, just inconsistencies I see with my own eyes.

youre not a yardstick for whether the bible is true or not, and if some scientists who are bible believing scientists like sarah salviner and the many like her who's expertise in the science of space is just as good as the other guys then it remains to believe A or believe B.

In genesis you described, it is written "let there be light" what light would this be? since the separation of light from the darkness occured before the formation of earth. since it is claimed that God said let there be light... it means the light was not Gods own light for example but an external element of light that was separated into NIGHT AND DAY BEFORE THE FORMATION OF THE EARTH. so what light was this existing in the heavens before the earths creation?

the water on earth is calculated to be older than the sun by about 1 million years, this is according to the same science you are using to make your claims

you also never mentioned that the opening statement in genesis 3 about "let there be light" is the same claim as to how the "big bang" science claims also occured by an explosion of "light" 

you also don't mention that there are scientific claims that the earth is 4.5 billion years old... the sun it is claimed is 4.6 billion years

it has recently been "agreed" that the moon is in fact 140 million years older than scientists previously "agreed" it was. so in 10 years if they "update" their claims that the earth is actually 5 billion and the sun remaining 4.6 billion will you suddenly start running to church or something??

of course, people like you will never be aware of this info and these scientific "updates" because you're not really concerned about "the evidence" as much as you claim..instead..like me you go and find out what is available at the time you do just to buffer your argument... but at least i am not the one who first pulled out the old "oh look at what science says" nonsense that people like you do all the time when in actual fact you dont know jack about what you're talking about. 

my main point is to say that as long as leading astrophysicts, doctors, scientists, engineers are still bible believers then stop claiming from your own ignorant small minded thinking  to act as if it is mutually exclusive to believe in both science and the bible

• Like 3

6 hours ago, VENOM said:

youre not a yardstick for whether the bible is true or not, and if some scientists who are bible believing scientists like sarah salviner and the many like her who's expertise in the science of space is just as good as the other guys then it remains to believe A or believe B.

In genesis you described, it is written "let there be light" what light would this be? since the separation of light from the darkness occured before the formation of earth. since it is claimed that God said let there be light... it means the light was not Gods own light for example but an external element of light that was separated into NIGHT AND DAY BEFORE THE FORMATION OF THE EARTH. so what light was this existing in the heavens before the earths creation?

the water on earth is calculated to be older than the sun by about 1 million years, this is according to the same science you are using to make your claims

you also never mentioned that the opening statement in genesis 3 about "let there be light" is the same claim as to how the "big bang" science claims also occured by an explosion of "light" 

you also don't mention that there are scientific claims that the earth is 4.5 billion years old... the sun it is claimed is 4.6 billion years

it has recently been "agreed" that the moon is in fact 140 million years older than scientists previously "agreed" it was. so in 10 years if they "update" their claims that the earth is actually 5 billion and the sun remaining 4.6 billion will you suddenly start running to church or something??

of course, people like you will never be aware of this info and these scientific "updates" because you're not really concerned about "the evidence" as much as you claim..instead..like me you go and find out what is available at the time you do just to buffer your argument... but at least i am not the one who first pulled out the old "oh look at what science says" nonsense that people like you do all the time when in actual fact you dont know jack about what you're talking about. 

my main point is to say that as long as leading astrophysicts, doctors, scientists, engineers are still bible believers then stop claiming from your own ignorant small minded thinking  to act as if it is mutually exclusive to believe in both science and the bible

this is what most of the science community is based on and most ppl simply haven't grasps this

and these "agreements" change all the time

Scienze is never always right. It is based on assumptions and pressure from institutions/funding. A stress engineer can prove an assembly is fit for flight if he's being pressured to do So, knowing the design is shit. A manufacturing engineer can be forced to sign off a design even though he knows he'll have problems making it or can' make it. This is from experience seeing shit like this.

Religous Councils, similar to science councils where even used to decide/vote what christanity should be and nature of christ. Decisions where made if he was human/divine or spirit etc. By the Vatican themselves.

Ecmencial Councils, starting with the council of Nicea 325 A.D

21 Ecmencial council sessions from 325AD to 1965 by the Roman Vatican Empire to decide on what the faith of christianity is and isnt. And why you have the protestant split (a literal Protest against the main authority via the Martin Luther and his 95 theses movement and the beginings of german/english translations from Latin/Greek manuscripts by John Wycliffe in the 1300's)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecumenical_council#List_of_ecumenical_councils

People today swear on scientific/nasa findings as hard as they believe Jesus is real. and the modern day education systems themselves stem from the same authority.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Da Luv Doc said:

Scienze is never always right. It is based on assumptions and pressure from institutions/funding. A stress engineer can prove an assembly is fit for flight if he's being pressured to do So, knowing the design is shit. A manufacturing engineer can be forced to sign off a design even though he knows he'll have problems making it or can' make it. This is from experience seeing shit like this.

Lol

• Like 1