Eboue

The Infamous

17 hours ago, Da Luv Doc said:

Shows that these cunts of English football teams need to educate their ballers (especially academy ballers) finance and life after football.

In what other job are they doing this? Your employer isn't telling you how to spend/save your money.

These man need to fix up, grow up and think wisely. I get in this case he got shafted by his missus but thats besides the point. In general too many man just don't think.

4 hours ago, Haze-e said:

In what other job are they doing this? Your employer isn't telling you how to spend/save your money.

These man need to fix up, grow up and think wisely. I get in this case he got shafted by his missus but thats besides the point. In general too many man just don't think.

Difference here of course being that most jobs/professions don't whore kids around doing what they please with them for their own benefit only to happily discard of them when and where it suits them. 

In the process. Lavishing riddiculous amounts of money on Kids who are far too young in most cases to deal with the situations properly. 

I used to work with a kid (year 6 now) who lives in Trafford. Plays for Everton or Liverpool. Can't quite remember. Twice a week he gets taxied from the school gates to the training ground then back home again.

Now the odds are he is playing non league or working a 9-5 by 21. 

However if he's lucky he will make a career in the game somewhere.

Either way. He believes he's the next Messi. How much attention do you think he's paying towards school? 

What's the back up?

He's in a fantasy land where the money is gonna be endless and he's made it already. 

The clubs have a duty of care to do their bit and educate from a certain age. Especially to those who haven't got a stable family background or decent education/intelligence. 

It isn't asking much, to run money management courses...

There was an article recently where apparently United players were requesting club assistance to perform the most simple of tasks. They won't be alone in this completely dependent state. 

@Kompressor I beg you structure your posts, feels like i'm reading a shopping list.

Agree with your points though, I used to know a guy who played for Walsall, said his agent gave him good advice on how to handle his finances. Even told him to study a subject to have something to fall back on. Luckily he did because his career got cut short due to injury, and now he's a physio back at Walsall.

Interesting debate re: kids in Academies on BT Sport i saw earlier

^^

Underlines what happens to kids when they are raised in the football bubble with no real life education support or guidance. 

Imagine winning the lottery. You're gonna go crazy with the money a touch. If you won it twice you'd double up. Imagine winning that every week. Again with  no real financial guidance and being a little bit simple as Eboue always appeared.

I don't underatand how Eboue Could've lost it all. However the clues are there. Trusting the wrong people, no real financial education amd a prick of a judge who has fucked him over. 

• 6 months later...