Will You look after Your parents when they are elderly?

Lens

I don't think anyone here is gonna say "no" - but its more a discussion about "how do you feel about it?"

I can't not do so, and I think by the time its necessary, I'll be happy to do so. But I'd probably want to pay for professional help too. 

11 minutes ago, Grafter said:

Why?

We live in a country an culture where people get put in homes

Putting someone in a home doesnt mean youre not looking after them though.

Someone with dementia combined with not having any physical capabilities needs 24hour attention/care...only plave you can realistically get that alot of the time is a 'home'

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Grafter said:

Why?

We live in a country an culture where people get put in homes

Let me rephrase that. I can’t believe this is even a question on these forums. The majority of posters here are black. Our cultures would rarely allow our parents to go into homes, unless they were real pieces of shit.

Asians never put their parents in homes. It’s taboo to even suggest that to them. 

Now white people on the other hand, that’s a different story.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, TheOneGameBaller said:

Let me rephrase that. I can’t believe this is even a question on these forums. The majority of posters here are black. Our cultures would rarely allow our parents to go into homes, unless they were real pieces of shit.

Asians never put their parents in homes. It’s taboo to even suggest that to them. 

Now white people on the other hand, that’s a different story.

Proper immature response.

1 hour ago, Anderson said:

Putting someone in a home doesnt mean youre not looking after them though.

Someone with dementia combined with not having any physical capabilities needs 24hour attention/care...only plave you can realistically get that alot of the time is a 'home'

Fam.

Sometimes it's possible you're not giving them the best care either.

• Like 1

Where did I say they’re pillars of excellence? It’s called making an observation which of course is going to be generalised. 

Obviously you feel some way because I said culturally they look after their elderly.

I’ll wait until one of you can show me where I even said they’re pillars of excellence.

Proper inferiority complexes here.

edit: I read back my post. I should’ve said culturally they don’t, not never. My bad.

• Downvote 1