Will You look after Your parents when they are elderly?

Lens

2 hours ago, TheOneGameBaller said:

Where did I say they’re pillars of excellence? It’s called making an observation which of course is going to be generalised. 

Obviously you feel some way because I said culturally they look after their elderly.

I’ll wait until one of you can show me where I even said they’re pillars of excellence.

Proper inferiority complexes here.

edit: I read back my post. I should’ve said culturally they don’t, not never. My bad.

I never said you said anything, so no need to wait.

also it’s a weird point you’re trying to make if any. Generalising here but, Asians (particular pakistani) normally  have more children in comparison to other races. The children also tend to live at home longer, so the familiy as a whole are  in a better position to be able to care for an elderly member. Also the mothers job, more-time, will be being a full time mother\home maker.

although you’re acknowledging the cultural differences you’re not acknowledging the moving parts which facilitate the scenario.

• Like 1

really tho

i won't be in the country i believe but the boys n the fam will so we will continue the trend of looking after the elders together despite any irrelevant conflicts amongst parties

only 1 gdad left now out that generation n he's gettin bad with dementia n the fam make sure he gets a visit a day, food sorted etc

gettin way past the stage where he's gonna need in-home care - which he won't like - or to move in with one of the fam or a home possibly, he won't like any option but he don't like much anyway

family aint gotta like each other to do their duty

1 minute ago, Trap God said:

Have got a contingency plan with my cousins to put my mum and her sisters in a nice yard and pay for people to take care of their basic daily needs/referee worst case scenario

somethin like this would be arranged when the time comes ideally

12 hours ago, TheOneGameBaller said:

Where did I say they’re pillars of excellence? It’s called making an observation which of course is going to be generalised. 

Obviously you feel some way because I said culturally they look after their elderly.

I’ll wait until one of you can show me where I even said they’re pillars of excellence.

Proper inferiority complexes here.

edit: I read back my post. I should’ve said culturally they don’t, not never. My bad.

12 hours ago, Grafter said:

What do they have to do with us?

How is your statement relevant?

hmm  looks like you both over reacted. Gameballer already said its not black culture to put the elderly in homes by default, which was enough to stand on its own why mention asians? was that to buffer up your cultural theory (that may be correct by default but impractical in reality when necessity dictates)

and grafter could have just ignored the asian comment since he already mentioned black people not doing it either. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Drift said:

Asians are a minority group and are doing well in this country which is why they are brought up. 

indians* (a lot of which came from education and were business owners in africa or made a lot of money bringing factory work from india to uk when it was a very profitable industry)

they didnt come here with no education doing basic manual labour

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Admin. said:

indians* (a lot of which came from education and were business owners in africa or made a lot of money bringing factory work from india to uk when it was a very profitable industry)

You just watched that old documentary on our masood from Cov init

14 hours ago, Supermalt said:

Jarring as hell. Got to stop that

Jarring but it does have clear elements of truth.

11 hours ago, The Somalian said:

dating within their race like asians 

not having children with other races like asians

we dont have a community like asians

etc

There is no 'we' akh. Asians is a massive catch all term and obv not all Asian people act in similar ways? Black people in the UK have loads of micro communities related to nationality or area or specific ethnicity. The problem is so far the ones who came here first and been here longest, have done fuck all, relative to Pakistanis and Indians for instance. We can factor in racism and discrimination which undoubtedly played a part.. But Blacks have been in areas like South London and Birmingham in big numbers for as long as the Pakistanis have been in places like Bradford and Sheffield, groups that also suffered racism and arguably for longer than black people? But the stani communities, for whatever negatives u can throw at them, still put legacies down, & yet the black people who have been here longest, meanwhile, are now crying about this and that with regards reasons for losing their communities. I've been making the point about diversity in black communities on here for ages and now I see set posters on here regurgitating my points, i.e Sudan as the epitome of Black African diversity. Not to say it's a unique thought?

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Admin. said:

I agree. 

But even a lot of them Pakistanis from Mirpur from multiple generations of inbreeding and honour killings have managed to build something here.

5 hours ago, local said:

You just watched that old documentary on our masood from Cov init

lol nah 1 don used to always bang on about it and now its forever stuck in my memory.... maybe he watched it ?

20 hours ago, Heero Yuy said:

I never said you said anything, so no need to wait.

also it’s a weird point you’re trying to make if any. Generalising here but, Asians (particular pakistani) normally  have more children in comparison to other races. The children also tend to live at home longer, so the familiy as a whole are  in a better position to be able to care for an elderly member. Also the mothers job, more-time, will be being a full time mother\home maker.

although you’re acknowledging the cultural differences you’re not acknowledging the moving parts which facilitate the scenario.

I read this and almost forgot he was using Asians alongside Blacks as people who generally don't put parents in homes.

This makes it seem as if he was pitting Asians against Blacks.

As for the home thing if you have to you have to...

difference is will you be there everyday for several hours or out of sight out of mind

as a few people mentioned caring for someone is not easy... if they end up losing the power to walk, unable to go to the toilet/bathe, end up with dementia/Alzheimers how do you realistically think you or your wife or your sisters will be able to do this while also looking after your family/children not to mention thats only 1 parent out of a possible 4 (from you and partner)... 

a lot of you are gnna be in for a shock

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Drift said:

I agree. 

But even a lot of them Pakistanis from Mirpur from multiple generations of inbreeding and honour killings have managed to build something here.

Every nationality has been able to build 'something'.