Will You look after Your parents when they are elderly?

Lens

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 1:59 PM, ag. said:

Some people would rather get offended than face reality. African American and Jamaican culture have many positive aspects, but no one can honestly deny that the worst aspects of those two, do clearly have a big influence on the general black diaspora... 

for the attention of some snowflake Jamaicans who love to get their knickers in a twist, we all know and recognise the positive contributions of Jamaica to the overall black 'culture' or experience. But to deny the clear and massive negative side effects is just dishonest

Bruv... this kind of thinking is poison.

Western society is always using the worst actions of a minority to judge the whole of a foreign people. 

Every black person has felt the unfairness of this.

How are you going to draw an imaginary line (african/jamaican) and then suddenly not see the problem with this kind of thinking? I work in a law firm full of Oxbridge the world was made for me types, i promise you they do not see your imaginary line.

What you said is not true, i understand why it feels/seems like it is true but it's not. At all. I would go deeper into explaining why i believe this, but I don't know if you want to have a serious discussion about it and i can't be asked if not.

I'm Nigerian by the way.

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, local said:

defo not just western society mate

in fact, defo western society the least

People in power do it the world over whenever it benefits them. I said western society because I believe white europeans have played a vital role in the way black people are generally perceived around the world.

From black people are biologically inferior (less intelligent) to black people are socially inferior (more prone to corruption and crime).

It's all nonsense/poison. But by saying it's not us blacks, it's thoes blacks over there (which is at the heart of any africans vs caribbeans vs african americans talk) is keeping that nonsense/poison alive in yourself and in the world imo.

"western society the least". You're gonna need to explain that one, because i feel like that's a kindah wild statement to make.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, o-guy said:

Bruv... this kind of thinking is poison.

Western society is always using the worst actions of a minority to judge the whole of a foreign people. 

Every black person has felt the unfairness of this.

How are you going to draw an imaginary line (african/jamaican) and then suddenly not see the problem with this kind of thinking? I work in a law firm full of Oxbridge the world was made for me types, i promise you they do not see your imaginary line.

What you said is not true, i understand why it feels/seems like it is true but it's not. At all. I would go deeper into explaining why i believe this, but I don't know if you want to have a serious discussion about it and i can't be asked if not.

I'm Nigerian by the way.

I acknowledged the positive aspects of both communities, but for various reasons, the worst aspects of both those cultures, through influential mediums like music and film, have been transmitted worldwide for at least 30 years now (to blacks worldwide) and had a big influence on what 'blackness' is, at least in youth culture. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, o-guy said:

People in power do it the world over whenever it benefits them. I said western society because I believe white europeans have played a vital role in the way black people are generally perceived around the world.

From black people are biologically inferior (less intelligent) to black people are socially inferior (more prone to corruption and crime).

It's all nonsense/poison. But by saying it's not us blacks, it's thoes blacks over there (which is at the heart of any africans vs caribbeans vs african americans talk) is keeping that nonsense/poison alive in yourself and in the world imo.

"western society the least". You're gonna need to explain that one, because i feel like that's a kindah wild statement to make.

I agree with you that the west is by far the worst for it as a 'generalised' group and they also had the most success with those tactics 

11 hours ago, o-guy said:

i just slept through a whole work day so i shouldnt really be delving into any debates but here we go

you said nothin about people in power, i caught you half way thru another convo tbf so maybe i got it twisted

you said western society

name me a continent in the world where you would be 'judged' less than you would in western europe and nothern america?

i've been all over the world (no gap yar yar yap) bar 2 continents and due to my penis and charm have very spent alot of time with locals n have good friends all over the (flat) earth

i can assure you that i, you and any other foreign lookin c*nt will be judged immediately and almost concretely

10000x more in asia

russia....you tell me?

pretty sure history has shown it's possible for a bit of judgement to occur in the african motherland

middle east? who knows

the eastern euro birds i've been shaggin over here have no qualms in sayin straight to my face that white english people are dumb as shit (not somethin i disagree with tbh) n are openly racist against the rest of the shades of our population's colour grid

critical thinking, open mindedness and empathy results in lack of immediate judgement which results from eduction or some may say propaganda / i'd say here it's a result of a healthy mix of both

the same antifa-esque propaganda that has trap actually rolling on the floor laughing (in emoji form) at what is quite blatantly an obviously true comment

i'll read what you've gotta say back mate but i've found people's opinions on this shit is pretty cemented n it's a waste of time chattin about it, tho you've always seemed like a sound rational lad, so unless somethin sparks the urge i probably won't reply back

i may sit here judging you however

11 minutes ago, Trap God said:

Boy

You know when all I can do is shake my head

of course it's all you can do

cos it's a fact that you have nothin to counter it with

ask a highly earning black american office worker in Hong Kong what he thinks about your head shaking

ask a burmese bloke working on building condos in any Thai City what he thinks

ask what a turkish kebab shop owner in katowice

ask a zimbabwaen refugee in south africa

they'll all laugh in your face in disbelief cos you know fuck all

shake your head all you want, you're indisputably wrong 

That’s exactly what I did

‘Least’ is a comparative word

all you have to do is look outside of western society to see how obvious this is

That’s called a comparison 

Like I said, this debate will go nowhere with people already entrenched in their beliefs, even geezas that I know we agree on most points about a lot of things 

n just to make it clear, western society can suck my d*ck, I’m no advocate for anything, I’d rather not be involved in it personally but we all gotta pay our bills ain’t we

im just saying what I know to be true

Plz feel free to answer the question about what other continent or society large enough to be fairly compared with ‘western society’ where you’d be less judged than here, England of all places 

either way, I’m breakin my own rule engaging in this sooooo

safe