How good was Guti? (players you've come to appreciate with age)

Heero Yuy

This was inspired by a conversation we were having at work. We were discussing the 90's and the players from that generation. The normal names were banded around and then someone mentioned Guti. 

From the age I used to see that Madrid team I was like 12/13, so naturally Ronaldo, Zidane, Figo etc players of that ilk were the ones that really stood out for me back then. Looking at football from where I'm at now, and the current generation of playmakers, I truly believe he has to be one of the most underrated players ever. 

Kroos, Modric and Ozil in one player, kind of insane when I think about it. I wasn't able to make sense when Ronaldo first joined Madrid, and he said Guti was the player that impressed him the most.It's only with age and a better understanding of the game that you can truly appreciate players like this. Swear Guti would walk into anyones midfield right now, and probably not have been in most peoples dream teams back then, not even on the bench.

Feel free to add some players that you've come to appreciate more as times gone on.

• Like 4

Original cesc, killed almost every move

had one sick season back end of his career tho

but

this is the epitome of rating things based off of nostalgia 

Still remember the disgust man used to feel on here/rwd back when he was named in the team sheet 

25 minutes ago, Admin. said:

Original cesc, killed almost every move

had one sick season back end of his career tho

but

this is the epitome of rating things based off of nostalgia 

Still remember the disgust man used to feel on here/rwd back when he was named in the team sheet 

Not ruling this out either btw.

just pointing out characteristics I didn’t really rate then but do now. I do remember him being inconsistent like porchy.