Culture Vultures

Young Bape

but ona serious note. The woman is saying some truth. White people do prefer their black culture from a white medium.

BUT....

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

People aint delivering complete performances anymore....Bruno does.

/

and i wouldnt say he's a culture vulture just on blacks....hes done a few moves i thought sounded tooooo alike other songs.

-

everyone thinks he is black tho :/

reminds me of

image.png

mad this guy was a jew too

3 hours ago, Admin. said:

everyone thinks he is black tho :/

reminds me of

image.png

mad this guy was a jew too

Bruno has more melanin in his skin than people like Steph Curry who get considered black just coz they have African ancestors.

• Downvote 2

The current framework of race is very American influenced and retarded if u think about it. A lot of mixed people claiming black when they look like they have more European genes in them. Meanwhile brown and literally black skin people from Asia can never be black?

1 hour ago, Greens said:

So wait, Bruno Mars ain't black?

Peter Gene Hernandez was born on October 8, 1985,[1] in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Peter Hernandez and Bernadette San Pedro Bayot, and was raised in the Waikiki neighborhood of Honolulu.[2][3]

His father is of half Puerto Rican and half Ashkenazi Jewish descent (from Ukraine and Hungary), and is originally from Brooklyn, New York.[3][4][5] His mother emigrated from the Philippines to Hawaii as a child, and was of Filipino, and some Spanish, ancestry.

a collection of social media responses http://www.okayplayer.com/music/bruno-mars-cultural-appropriation-twitter-reaction.html

I feel like it’s great that he recognizes his influences. It’s great that he pays homage, but I personally don’t think that’s enough. I have an issue with Bruno being an unoriginal artist, he’s not a unique artist, he’s not a creative artist.

7 hours ago, time_bomb said:

Hes not black, but hes not white either, so what then?

Im not a fan but comon hes talented, .

Imagine there are other people out there in the world that are not white or black 

?

Created by the british and now the most important thing for the peoples of its ex-colonies USA, West Africa and the Caribbean.*

That is not the logic of bein black

Black means struggle, black is negative, black exists only in the context of racist oppression. No one in black majority countries is black or identifies as black UNTIL they start facing racism and struggle because they are darker 

Black is a misnomer and we need to stop subscribing to it. Stop fighting for it. Stop fighting other people over it. Stop defendin it. We need to step away from black and all its nasty oppressive baggage

• Like 4

Yes 

But some people are still called black (at least in the Caribbean, your either black or brown) within colourism and it only represents the crap end of the stick or the struggle

But aside from that ive met jamaicans and nigerians who just dont identify as black first and foremost an that's cos they never grew up really where their skin colour was a political problem. Of course the affects of white supremacy impact them but its not the same impact it has on us who grow up as minorities knowing very well that we are black, 

2 hours ago, Grafter said:

That is not the logic of bein black

Black means struggle, black is negative, black exists only in the context of racist oppression. No one in black majority countries is black or identifies as black UNTIL they start facing racism and struggle because they are darker 

Black is a misnomer and we need to stop subscribing to it. Stop fighting for it. Stop fighting other people over it. Stop defendin it. We need to step away from black and all its nasty oppressive baggage

Grace is awake still not gonna lie