Tom Daley has announced he is having a baby with his husband

kerser

Yh i read that too

But then i thought they can still be lesbians without the movie having a plot line for it or anyone declaring it

Not every characters sexuality is declared in every movie. So true fans can say yes we kno reh teh is a lesbian an leave it at that

Dont think the movie would have done as well if they had included those scenes

2 hours ago, Grafter said:

Yh i read that too

But then i thought they can still be lesbians without the movie having a plot line for it or anyone declaring it

Not every characters sexuality is declared in every movie. So true fans can say yes we kno reh teh is a lesbian an leave it at that

Dont think the movie would have done as well if they had included those scenes

Exactly.

that scene in the thrown room kinda made  me think those two characters had feelings for each other anyway, and I assumed the director was subtly hinting that it may develop into something later on in other films.

you should let people have their wins when they have them

no reason to complain about a lack of LGBT characters in Black Panther, maybe if there were a number of black superhero movies that didn't feature LGBT themes you'd have an arguing point... but the first mainstream one, nah you can chill out and let black people have their happiness without throwing agendas at it

Black Lightning (maybe the only black superhero TV series?) has the second lead character (the lead's daughter) as a lesbian, though I've seen no media celebration of this (though tbh I've not seen any media coverage of the series, but that's another thing)

many reputable studies have been done indicating that children with same sex parent perform as well academically and their well-being is more or less the same 

also if you're faced with the proposition 'they will get bullied at school' and your answer is 'don't let them do it' and not 'try and create an environment in which bullying children for having gay parents is an unacceptable thing to do' then i think you need to do a bit of soul searching about why you don't want this to occur, cuz it certainly isn't out of some fallacious 'concern' for an imaginary child's well being 

this child will have a vastly superior upbringing and start in like than 90% of the people on this forum 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 5

On 20/02/2018 at 1:37 PM, Incumbent said:

you lot (especially tony, dub etc) chatting that unplanned/single parent bullocks need to stop with the bullshit, please just stop making excuses for homos

the numbers a very very small to warrant homosexuals getting involved in raising kids of the future

ppl who have first hand experiences of certain systems tend to have a sly bias view of things (yeah u tony)

there over 11 million children in England, over 390k received support in numerous ways, only just over 70k are in the care system (50k identified as needing protection), (https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/child-protection-system/england/statistics/ )

if it's really all about the care of children, you need to be more worried about paedos and "unaccompanied asylum seeking children" needing help than bats rights to create life

the numbers are very very small in the grand scheme of things

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/556331/SFR41_2016_Text.pdf

imo the majority of kids are very good and safe

they ain't as broken & fucked up due to hetro/single parents as ppl think it is/

https://www.nspcc.org.uk/globalassets/documents/research-reports/how-safe-children-2017-report.pdf

hetrosexuals ain't the main sickos fucking up children of the future

paedos are the biggest threat to children of the future, not hetro relationships/single parents/care systems

I'm not sure why you have brought Paedo's into a debate about sexual orientation and parenting.

I made a point about the parenting setups of children who end up in care.

The point of that was to show how irrational some people in here are being with regards to the fear they have of Gay couples looking after kids.

10 pages and not 1 person has listed 1 credible reason as to why Gay couples raising kids should have negative implications for the future.

/

With regards to your statistics, numbers don't tell the whole story, for every child in care you could probably put a multiple on that for children who SHOULD BE in care.

Do you think the number of Rape convictions accurately portray the number of actual Rape's that occur?

Of course not.

There are tons of things which affect this, budget being a main factor, putting children in care is expensive.

You say the numbers are very small in the grand scheme of things, if I was to say (and this is true) there are not enough foster carers or people willing to adopt to take all of the children in the system, would the numbers seem very small now?

Think about this, Jon Venables and Robert Thompson put James Bulger on a train track to be cut in half and went back home to their parents that night.

They slept in the their own beds.

Ie: The children who committed that crime were NOT in care.

What does that say about the numbers?

Baby P was killed @ home, so was Victoria Climbie.

Both SHOULD have been in care.

/

1 point on Paedos though, I was listening to Kieron Dyer on Talksport the other day, he was talking about his book and the fact he documents his abuse as a child in it.

He stated a statistic he was shocked to learn whilst writing his book.

He thought that step fathers would account for more Paedophiles than biological fathers, he was wrong.

you can continue to ignore facts and be in the thrall of stupidity or catch up to the rest of the world because you will be left behind one day looking like a mug 

homosexuality has been referenced in ancient writings all over the world, americas, asia, europe etc, just cuz you can't see outside of your weird obsessive assertion that it isn't 'normal' doesn't make it so, just makes you look dumb 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Esquilax said:

you can continue to ignore facts and be in the thrall of stupidity or catch up to the rest of the world because you will be left behind one day looking like a mug 

homosexuality has been referenced in ancient writings all over the world, americas, asia, europe etc, just cuz you can't see outside of your weird obsessive assertion that it isn't 'normal' doesn't make it so, just makes you look dumb 

never referneced in Africa tho... the birth of civilization 

21 minutes ago, Esquilax said:

absolute bollocks 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/sep/09/being-gay-african-history-homosexuality-christianity

try reading something that isn't a contented wiki page mate

ah yes the advent of christanity in aff, defo brought in the euro deviant behaviour. So you can hold that fact as true.

Prior to Greeks and roman invasion, everywhere in ancient africa is man and woman.

The cycle of life.

Gay is not a cycle process of life its terminus, non life giving.

cool so EVERYWHERE else on earth, from ancient times and antiquity through to the present day is a bunch of fags and that but the largely undocumented pre colonial africa is completely exempt from that yeah? they just knew back then that it was 'deev' shit yeah?

i sort of get why you don't want to listen to any of this but there's only so far you can lie to yourself and ignore things before it starts to become absurd u kno?

• Downvote 1

@Esquilax

like i said before by all means fuck batty if you want and be gay but stop with the it's "normal" narrative, like @JOHN DOE said "there is no widely documented homo behaviour in Africa",  yes just like way back then & now there's gays and lesbians, cool but that's about it, how does gays and lesbians existing back then and now equate to it being widespread and normal across the continent, are u mad?

man and woman = cycle of life

man and man/woman and woman = no life

across the continent homosexuality is not condoned and for good reason, some tolerate and treat those types fairly but it's NEVER!!! EVER!!! been pushed and championed as "normal" like that article seems to suggest

/

for the record even in western society, homosexuality has never been widespread as the media and those driving the agenda seem to suggest and make out, they exist and protected by law etc but their smor smor

lets take the UK

• In 2016, just over 1 million (2.0%) of the UK population aged 16 and over identified themselves as lesbian, gay or bisexual (LGB).
  • The population aged 16 to 24 were the age group most likely to identify as LGB in 2016 (4.1%).
  • More males (2.3%) than females (1.6%) identified themselves as LGB in 2016.
  • The population who identified as LGB in 2016 were most likely to be single, never married or civil partnered, at 70.7%

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/culturalidentity/sexuality/bulletins/sexualidentityuk/2016

• Like 1

Man are digressing differently

I am under no illusion that homosexuality has existed and does exist in Africa 

That is neither here nor there

In terms of civilisation moving forward 

I’m only interested in changes to the status quo that benefit children and society in general

Can any of you guys that are for the fuckery give me an objective reasoning as to how this type of practice is actually beneficial?

1 minute ago, Trap God said:

Man are digressing differently

I am under no illusion that homosexuality has existed and does exist in Africa 

That is neither here nor there

In terms of civilisation moving forward 

I’m only interested in changes to the status quo that benefit children and society in general

Can any of you guys that are for the fuckery give me an objective reasoning as to how this type of practice is actually beneficial?

as i said above, numerous studies have produced evidence that children of same sex parents do not perform poorly in school, do not have pronounced mental health problems any greater than their peers with M/F parents 

so the question of 'is it beneficial for children' i suppose the answer is that it doesn't actively benefit children but it also doesn't harm them either, so there is basically no case for to not be allowed aside from moralising and 'i just think it's wrong' opinions etc. the child is certainly better off in a stable same sex parent household than they are in an unstable M/F household or in the care of the state 

1 hour ago, JOHN DOE said:

never referneced in Africa tho... the birth of civilization 

It is referenced in African history commonly with regards to Mwanga in Uganda. But that’s like late 1890s and whose to say Colonial officers didn’t spin the story seeing as the victor writes the history