Tom Daley has announced he is having a baby with his husband

kerser

without wanting to be too pretentious i see most/ all of these issues as a part of 'human nature' and don't think one or the other goes against some code of human behaviour that has to be adhered to under the guise of it being 'natural' 

i find it more interesting than perverse, it makes me want to understand why, which for me is the logical and tbh moral standpoint. dont really want to be like da luv doc, a man who i've noticed has been roundly mocked on this forum ever since i joined and gets treated with the same respect as a dog shit bin in a park 

5 hours ago, Incumbent said:

omg!!! stop with the bullshit

@Trap Godhas already answered that but as  always ppl like you don't care about the facts of nature

There's no denying the facts of nature. But there is also no denying that man has been playing god, and altering natures design of life for some time. When is it ok to deny nature, and when is it not?

This is what I was trying to get at earlier.

It would've been natural for most of us to die of diseases that have been cured, die of hereditary conditions passed on through family, to die far young than the expected age now, general improvements of life etc

Science has rightly or wrongly allowed us to expand on what nature intended, and opened the pandora's box.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, Heero Yuy said:

There's no denying the facts of nature. But there is also no denying that man has been playing god, and altering natures design of life for some time. When is it ok to deny nature, and when is it not?

It would've been natural for most of us to die of diseases that have been cured, die of hereditary conditions passed on through family, to die far young than the expected age now, general improvements of life etc

Science has rightly or wrongly allowed us to expand on what nature intended, and opened the pandora's box.

smh

allow dem dead gal tactics of arguing

your point it's irrelevant

everyone knows there's nature and there's man made nature

i was never talking about man made "nature" which is what your trying to bring into the debate

wypipo got you too comfy & fighting for a cause that doesn't concern u in any shape form

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Grafter said:

Rah

Try take respec off Justin's name

@Da Luv Doc don't av it

A rich white boy from a family who have tried to influence the cultures of African and Caribbean ancestry People, by trying to force his bullshit views on to us like what his ancestors did. He has no respect. The more he feels apart of any of our culture, the more he's shitting on it.

So fuck Esquifraud, fuck his family, fucking who does the same shit that he does and fuck anyone who likes him!

i think the 'caucasian afrocentric' thing came from a thread(s) where i was trying to say how i feel black people do not have a fair scratch even in modern society and theres oppression blah blah blah and the vip2 conservative party contingent thought i was smoking the peace pipe cuz they'd managed to get a mid management level job doing executive data entry or something 

i myself am largely uninterested in afro carib culture aside from generic food and music etc

just say black culture why are you pussyfooting around with this 'afro caribbean ancestry' shit, it doesn't make you sound smarter 

i've hardly centred my life around black culture so i don't really understand where this is coming from tbh, not sure what it's based on? think it's just soggy memories from salty people

The culture vulture posts should probably not be slept on but lets not digress....

7 hours ago, Heero Yuy said:

This is exactly what my point is

The question is purely an ethical one

Questions on the ethics of things like this are absolutely necessary

In order to debate something like this objectively we need data that reflects the matter at hand as close as possible

Im of the opinion that we dont have that data yet so based on the information at hand sorry but it's a no from me Jeff

I can't be blasé about it and say yeah why not they have the rights to x y and z (which they don't) I have to be presented with a convincing argument as to why as a society we are doing this and how we know it won't affect the children negatively 

As an example one of the arguments that has been made is that were talking about two parents

That's fine however data that shows theres disparity even between same sex couples in terms of failure rates for civil partnerships and marriage

Lesbian couples in a civil partnership or marriage have failure rates that are twice as high as those concerning gay men (women are trash)

Do we take that into consideration as well or do we ignore it because gays have an intrinsic right to procreate unnaturally?

??‍♂️

55 minutes ago, Esquilax said:

i think the 'caucasian afrocentric' thing came from a thread(s) where i was trying to say how i feel black people do not have a fair scratch even in modern society and theres oppression blah blah blah and the vip2 conservative party contingent thought i was smoking the peace pipe cuz they'd managed to get a mid management level job doing executive data entry or something 

i myself am largely uninterested in afro carib culture aside from generic food and music etc

This type of comment is my issue with u

Haughty

24 minutes ago, Esquilax said:

just say black culture why are you pussyfooting around with this 'afro caribbean ancestry' shit, it doesn't make you sound smarter 

i've hardly centred my life around black culture so i don't really understand where this is coming from tbh, not sure what it's based on? think it's just soggy memories from salty people

And this

More fucking haughty

"Black culture" doesn't exist

It's not about sounding smarter, it's reality