South Africa votes to confiscate white-owned land without compensation

Heero Yuy

11 hours ago, Heero Yuy said:

lol yes of course Zimbabwe didn't suffer because it kicked out all of their highly skilled workers and replaced them with people that didn't have the same high skills. Remove the high skilled workers from ANY country, and expect it lose lots of money fast, investors to run a mile, your economy to plummet, basic economics.

Haven't looked into it tbh but the original post didn't say anything about kicking out skilled workers, or whites, or anyone else.

Just that originally stolen land would be taken back (im assuming re-nationalised or re-distributed somehow).

5 hours ago, Everyone's Uncle said:

Haven't looked into it tbh but the original post didn't say anything about kicking out skilled workers, or whites, or anyone else.

Just that originally stolen land would be taken back (im assuming re-nationalised or re-distributed somehow).

This was in relation to incumbents post, when he said about Zimbabwe  didn’t suffer because it kicked out the whites.

Black people should be able to prosper in their land that was originally theirs, but you should try to go about it in the right way.

All of these white people you're ousting could be the key to your success, they're probably the ones with the most modern day experience in agriculture and the ones with the connections for export and technology and this and that and the other. I feel as though SA is probably the top destination for white people in Africa, this could crush that which could damage the economy. But all of the globe we're all about damaging our economies in hope for better things in the future. 

I hope it works out well for the country - sucks for the white people but I guess its just the reverse of what happened before.

• Downvote 4

I'm not sure. Have you been talking to them? Have you been hearing their voices? Or you're just gonna talk for them?

From The Independent:

Critics have compared the move to the disastrous redistribution of land in neighbouring Zimbabwe, which was often accompanied by violence and left farms neglected.

In South Africa, corruption and lack of training for farmers remain obstacles to land redistribution.

The government’s land reform policy has been criticised over the years as many farms transferred to emerging black farmers lay fallow and unproductive.

Exactly where have I spoken for anybody?

And oh excuse me i didnt realise that the "critics" reported on by the independent were members of the bottom of society.

I'm fully aware of the arguments against this, I'm not blind

My stance is what it is

your "stance" seems like an uneducated one, because you've not dropped one piece of information or even objective critique in argument

just 1 liners

6 hours ago, Grafter said:

Probably probably

But they aren't the only ones in the world.

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees

Black SA been on their knees too long

Nothing good comes easy

^ this is where it looks like you're speaking for people 

you challenge my view of it damaging their economy without dropping one quote from anyone important in any related field that would indicate a positive outcome, but instantly refute my quoting of The Independent

I didn't challenge your view of this damaging the economy. You're the one who bought up "speaking for" people at the bottom of society an then referenced 'critics'

And nothing i said there indicates that i am speaking for anyone but myself. I.e. my opinion

Anyway look mate I'm not interested in debating this

Many African countries were self sufficient in food pre colonialism, then Europeans got them planting shit food they didn’t need...mugabe went about it the wrong way and should have given the land to local farmers. South Africa looks set to get it right.

22 hours ago, dub said:

Black people should be able to prosper in their land that was originally theirs, but you should try to go about it in the right way.

All of these white people you're ousting could be the key to your success, they're probably the ones with the most modern day experience in agriculture and the ones with the connections for export and technology and this and that and the other. I feel as though SA is probably the top destination for white people in Africa, this could crush that which could damage the economy. But all of the globe we're all about damaging our economies in hope for better things in the future. 

I hope it works out well for the country - sucks for the white people but I guess its just the reverse of what happened before.

like white ppl did yeah?

this sums it all up me, your mindset is deeply rooted in maintaining & perpetuating racism and what's mad is you can't see the woods from the trees, u can't see how wrong u are you, how ignorant and arrogant you are

sucks for white ppl? and it's the reverse? NOOOOOOO!!! this is no where near reverse, get that "whites are the victim" talk out of your head, white ppl are getting off lightly, most of them will be fine in comparison coz they won't killed, imprisoned, tortured, beaten systematically and economically raped like blacks did

d*ck head!!!