2017/18 Hot Summer

7 hours ago, Kompressor said:

Now I know for a fact that the victim in this case isn't 20. 

Now surely clarification on this could've been got pretty easily. 

Is it just an innocent mistake they claim he's 20 and have knocked at least 10 years off is age or is this to make it easier to add to the narrative of the youth crime thing?

Defo wasn’t an innocent mistake but at the same time what difference does that make.......he’s still black

10 hours ago, yhfam said:

Defo wasn’t an innocent mistake but at the same time what difference does that make.......he’s still black

Makes no huge difference to me personally.

(It's been corrected in a number of places now but either way)

I definitely believe it makes a difference to a lot of people and to the narrative especially right now. 

In the same way it would if the victim's profession was listed as a musician or a mechanic. 

18 hours ago, Kompressor said:

Makes no huge difference to me personally.

(It's been corrected in a number of places now but either way)

I definitely believe it makes a difference to a lot of people and to the narrative especially right now. 

In the same way it would if the victim's profession was listed as a musician or a mechanic. 

Nah

I reckon literally no one cares

The office sap that gets stuck with this stream of stories in each respective news room ain’t out there compromising his journalistic integrity in some nation wide conspiracy to keep the black man down

hes just sat there pickin his nose copying the next guy in the next paper too busy  weighing up suicide methods to fact check the age of some corpse

one dude made the mistake n it went from there

What you’re sayin is a bit silly 

Didn't say anything about keeping the black man down

Not even sure how you came to that line from anything that was said. 

My point was quite clear. (Whether it be right or wrong) 

It's about the youth crime narrative. 

When you label a man in his 30's as being 20. Despite having spoken to his Aunt and at least one paper printing the correct age. I think it's odd that it is still being put out there that he is 20.

Easy to rectify and edit the story no?

At very least; stop repeating the falsehood.

• Like 2

I’m not really too sure what that means but fair

i aint in the country to witness any narratives so maybe I’m missing what you’re gettin at 

The media only use the word youth to avoid saying black anyway ini 

How did they come up with the widely reported 20 years old thing. 

Who gave it to them? 

Or did one reporter/offficer just make a guess and they all have run with it? 

Why no correction when I think it was the Sun have reported his real age?

Family members and friends have been quoted. Surely anyone of them could've provided clarification if need be. 

It may well just be a small innocent mistake; I just find it hard to understand/strange how near enough 4 days after the event the wrong age is still be widely reported. 

On 5/25/2018 at 6:39 AM, Grafter said:

Trus me

Ffs

what specifics are youa sking for? whats your specific question??? i gave you some examples.. schools? Dame alice owen, latymer, highgate, harrow. those are some specifics. They are strict but have a matching pastoral care support system, there will always be some old school teachers who think differently as well as the daem Bias when it comes to black kids. On the whole, most people will do well in a good environment. its like claiming that only geniuses can survive in Oxbridge.. when the reality is that the environment provides the natural habitat for excellence to thrive. no worries about finances to survive on your essential needs on campus, not allowed to work.. renowned lecturers teaching you from books they wrote.. etc. 

• Downvote 3

Well that was a lot of fucking waffle @VENOM

I asked what support system u witnessed and u cant answer cos they dont really exist

The most disruptive children dont make it past the 11+ an interview process. Really bad behaviour exists but as long as no one is dead, pregnant or bringing the reputation of the school down, ur good. 

state schools are the ones who have special teachin assistants an how much people in the school who don't teach anything but are just there for troublesome children. Private schools have none of this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-4428158

YouTube says it has deleted more than half of the "violent" music videos that the country's most senior police officer asked it to take down. 

More than 30 clips have been removed so far.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Cressida d*ck has blamed some videos for fuelling a surge in murders and violent crime in London - and singled out drill music.

She asked YouTube to delete content which glamorises violence. 

Drill originated in Chicago. Its biggest breakout star is arguably Chief Keef, famous for his 2012 track I Don't Like.

The genre's lyrics often detail vivid accounts of taking drugs and violence.

In February, 17-year-old rapper Junior Simpson was sentenced to life in prison after he and three others stabbed 15-year-old Jermaine Goupall to death.

The court heard he'd penned a track about knife attacks before carrying out the killing.

Giving him a life sentence, judge Anthony Leonard QC told Simpson: "You suggested the lyrics were just for show but I do not believe that, and I suspect you were waiting for the right opportunity for an attack."

Ah, good ol’ smoke and mirrors. Make it seem like you’re being pro-active tackling knife crime when this does fuck all. Also, this sets a dangerous precedent. I personally can’t stand drill music but deleting it from YouTube at the behest of the police is wrong.

Soon it will be other artists that aren’t drill artists but they’ll somehow get lumped in there, and then their videos will get taken down stunting their exposure and their ability to eat. Remember “Form 696”? A real slippery slope. Watch this space. 

Also, Two teenagers died at the Mutiny Festival last week. More than 15 were taken to hospital and one is still critically ill. This is an ongoing issues at music festivals and yet the music is not blamed for the drug taking culture. The artists aren’t blamed or told to take responsibility for their influence. Hmm.

I wouldn't say I was pleased with this due to the precedent they're setting in terms of choosing to sensor a particular demographic

At the same time I couldn't give a shit

Don't want your vids taken down? Maybe don't hop on YouTube incriminating yourself enni ??‍♂️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheOneGameBaller said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-4428158

Ah, good ol’ smoke and mirrors. Make it seem like you’re being pro-active tackling knife crime when this does fuck all. Also, this sets a dangerous precedent. I personally can’t stand drill music but deleting it from YouTube at the behest of the police is wrong.

Soon it will be other artists that aren’t drill artists but they’ll somehow get lumped in there, and then their videos will get taken down stunting their exposure and their ability to eat. Remember “Form 696”? A real slippery slope. Watch this space. 

Also, Two teenagers died at the Mutiny Festival last week. More than 15 were taken to hospital and one is still critically ill. This is an ongoing issues at music festivals and yet the music is not blamed for the drug taking culture. The artists aren’t blamed or told to take responsibility for their influence. Hmm.

lol not even remotely comparative. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Trap God said:

I wouldn't say I was pleased with this due to the precedent they're setting in terms of choosing to sensor a particular demographic

At the same time I couldn't give a shit

Don't want your vids taken down? Maybe don't hop on YouTube incriminating yourself enni ??‍♂️

Bruv we´re big men. At some point the identity politics haffi get dash weh.

From time black people (and whites) are screaming at the police to stop gun crime but casually bopping their head to Headie, Moscow, 410, whoever - as if people aren´t dying behind the bars.  The term ´more than music´applies as always, hip-hop is an artform which places authenticity above everything else.

We can´t have it both ways. Linking grime to crime was a joke, grime was juvenile and was understood by the middle class journos who thought Dizzee was amazing, so the feathers never stuck. Drill is another beast completely. These kids, especially the ones who rap about dead opps, are provoking shit. I can´t imagine some rapper with a fanbase bragging about smoking or stabbing my friend or family member - I would be plotting with an Uzi outside venues.

My bro got stabbed by a close friend of ours (always the way) and I can´t imagine this kid having the gall to rap about what the shit poking he did. I didn´t need provocation, I wanted revenge for a decade. I´d be locked in Broadmoor if Drill was a thing then.

If the police can use drill to enhance their intelligence and save lives, I don´t give a fuck. Call me a fed, I´ll hold that. If stop and searches save lives, I´ll take it. If a Balaclava Ban comes in, I´ll hold it too. Something needs to be done because these kids are comparing their badness to global levels of badness thanks to the internet.Our concept of badness was mad local until the ´00s. Migration patterns and the internet changed that.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Grafter said:

Well that was a lot of fucking waffle @VENOM

I asked what support system u witnessed and u cant answer cos they dont really exist

The most disruptive children dont make it past the 11+ an interview process. Really bad behaviour exists but as long as no one is dead, pregnant or bringing the reputation of the school down, ur good. 

state schools are the ones who have special teachin assistants an how much people in the school who don't teach anything but are just there for troublesome children. Private schools have none of this

i like how you said something about peoples opinions, then make wild statements like this without posting any facts. You can claim that my years of experience within health and education psychology count for nothing because you type shit on a keyboard in your bedroom,.that's fine. I don't post to get likes but I hate ignorance or someone just posting shit for the sake of it because that's in their head.

the most disruptive students don't pass the 11+ exams? WTF!  first of all.. Who told you that all private or selective/independent schools require the 11+? That in itself shows you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Second, lets take the schools that do require an 11+ exam, what do you define as "disruptive" that would prevent them from taking an exam?  Are you saying a bright Kid with emotional issues cannot pass an exam? That's just stupid, and factually its nonsense as I personally know of cases where extremely 'disruptive' kids passed their 11+ and did well at interviews to get into a good school and have been kicked out from school to school but still can pass exams with minimal prep.  Being disruptive in some cases doesn't affect the child's Academic intelligence and they do well academically.  

3rd, private or /independent or selective schools do have teaching assistants. the difference which again shows your absolute zero knowledge of what you're talking about. the difference between a teaching assistant at a lot of state schools and the better funded schools is that the TA quality is much higher, they are good graduates in the subject area some of whom want to go on to get a QTS themselves OR prefer to use their skills in the subject to teach and support teachers and are comfortable with the pay which is again higher at such schools.

how you can claim that a private school doesn't have a TA is just stupid. The reason why a TA at a state school is just there because of troublesome children is the fault of the school who cannot invest in a proper TA and USES them to support troublesome kids, a TA with even less trauma and learning understanding than the teacher. You may have a budding engineer be a TA at a school in Physics who has taught for many years. a TA at a posh school is not looked down on as they are in many state schools.

for example, here is an advert for a TA in French at Harrow school https://www.harrowschool.org.uk/Part-time-French-Assistant?returnUrl=/Work-at-Harrow no QTS.

don't post fraff just because you have an opinion.