2017/18 Hot Summer

On 8/12/2018 at 9:23 AM, Restrictive said:

Just saw the news 10 wtf. Was wondering why you mentioned 10. I only heard 3 shots  and saw one person on the floor. 

Could see people running through it was just a fight or something then someone let off ?

No idea what gun but didn't sound like something small

Shotgun, probably.

/

Yeah shotgun.

On 8/12/2018 at 9:11 AM, DRC said:

^it's beyond frustrating! Swear something similar happened at Hudds carnival, no doubt Leeds will have it's own share of nonsensical drama too

The Northwest in general is HOT in summer time. Unlike London man who seem to rarely venture outside the M25, Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Hudderfield even Birmingham/Nottingham man are all mingling at each others' carnis and have been for decades. Come like certain London guys only reached Leeds when Niche and Bassline was popping.

Moretime when these man go out of town, there's 'tings in boots'. It's a shame, things heated up at the beginning of the '90s, all sorts of silly name-brand firearms floating around and nuff gun modelling a gwaan, gun salutes in dances and them tings. The crack era mashed up communities.

Think of the amount of crews you had in the 90s, from different cities, all moving around in the same circles. That's in addition to the crews who made up the sound systems. Local police usually didn't have a clue.

The decade got off to a very bad start. Three people were killed on the Monday evening, after the procession had finished, at the 1990 Carnival. Frank Harris was fatally stabbed in Harehills Avenue after an argument broke out around the Live Wire Sound System from Birmingham. His friend Jeffrey Miles who lived in the West Midlands was later acquitted of wounding after using a machete to defend himself. Tony Salmon, a Birmingham disc jockey was found not guilty of murdering Mr Harris. The police claimed that witnesses were terrified of giving evidence against him (Yorkshire Post 3-4.12.1991). Two other people died from gunshot wounds, one accidentally from a ricochet, and the other, Sedley Sullivan, 28, from Birmingham, was thought to have been murdered by Tony Johnson, a 22 year old white man from Manchester. White Tony, as he was known, was executed by rival gang members in late February 1991 (Yorkshire Evening Post 26.2.1991). These macabre details are included here to ensure that no question is raised about the role of Leeds’ people, or the effectiveness of the Leeds committee, in the carnival in Leeds. As police officers testify year after year, the Leeds carnival is remarkable for its peaceful enjoyment of art, community cohesion and pleasure.

When it comes to the 'gang' thing, when I really check it out I heard of more out-of-London crews in the '90s. Gooch, Doddington, Waterfront, Burgers, Johnnies, Aggi etc. I know the gang thing was happening, but London man never really had any clout outside the M25. The crews I mentioned were all highly mobile and marketed themselves all over the country, carnivals were just a staging ground.

By the garage era, late 90s, London crews were definitely starting to consolidate things, hence the police cracked down on garage and grime so hard. 

47 minutes ago, Elementalism said:

Shotgun, probably.

/

Yeah shotgun.

The Northwest in general is HOT in summer time. Unlike London man who seem to rarely venture outside the M25, Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Hudderfield even Birmingham/Nottingham man are all mingling at each others' carnis and have been for decades. Come like certain London guys only reached Leeds when Niche and Bassline was popping.

Moretime when these man go out of town, there's 'tings in boots'. It's a shame, things heated up at the beginning of the '90s, all sorts of silly name-brand firearms floating around and nuff gun modelling a gwaan, gun salutes in dances and them tings. The crack era mashed up communities.

Think of the amount of crews you had in the 90s, from different cities, all moving around in the same circles. That's in addition to the crews who made up the sound systems. Local police usually didn't have a clue.

When it comes to the 'gang' thing, when I really check it out I heard of more out-of-London crews in the '90s. Gooch, Doddington, Waterfront, Burgers, Johnnies, Aggi etc. I know the gang thing was happening, but London man never really had any clout outside the M25. The crews I mentioned were all highly mobile and marketed themselves all over the country, carnivals were just a staging ground.

By the garage era, late 90s, London crews were definitely starting to consolidate things, hence the police cracked down on garage and grime so hard. 

Yeah I read interesting...See how this all pans out. Street party was on last night with more people there. Surprised police didn't stop it from going ahead.

Funny you mention Gooch and Doddington because there’s youngers trying to claim them in 2018?. Was a couple dodddington & Gooch lot about on Saturday 

3 hours ago, dayomesaydayo said:

was this forest gate/east ham

was getting on the bus yesterday at like 2 in the afternoon and i hear the bus driver telling the next bus driver how all the buses was on diversion coz someone got stabbed

24 minutes ago, CurryMan said:

was this forest gate/east ham

was getting on the bus yesterday at like 2 in the afternoon and i hear the bus driver telling the next bus driver how all the buses was on diversion coz someone got stabbed

No, this was Camberwell.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/aug/17/south-london-quadruple-stabbing-boy-critically-ill-as-six-arrested-camberwell

• Admin. locked this topic