Cause and Solutions to Rise in Recent Violent Crime

Thizz

Why are people so invested in drill?

If you want to make a more generalised point, you can argue drill is just another on a long line of arguably destructive genres stretching back to American street rap and Jamaican badman dancehall culture and artists. Before these two were there any mainstream and widely consumed black musics talking about negative subjects like guns, drugs, murder, or in the Jamaican example,  what they call excessive slackness? Imo no there wasn't the tunes back in the day where about love and life, family, etc etc. Drill music and its effects on London youth today is the end of a continuum stretching back 30-40 years. So the effects of these negative musics have been affecting the so called black community in the west for decades. Drill is just a logical end point. From a UK perspective. Usa is slightly different but similar too. The stabbing and shootings obviously are linked in but people are either so thick or they love drill music and the similar genres so much they refuse any discussion on the issue. 

Obviously there's also shit like super strong weed kids smoke from young ages nowadays,effects of Tory austerity etc etx. But the music DEFFO plays a big role. Anyone saying different is talking out their arse

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Seydou said:

I don't get the music relation.

Didn't majority of this forum grow up on "violent" street rap?

Redundant point. It's totally different, a kid from London isn't going to relate as much to mostly fictional US rap but he is going to relate more to someone talking about stabbing someone who lives just a few miles away in his city on every song.

1 hour ago, dayomesaydayo said:

For me the biggest issue is bad parenting and lack of discipline and guidance from parents

That's all it is.

There will always be natural born wronguns but a lot of these youts would be off the roads with some strong parents.

22 minutes ago, Drift said:

That's all it is.

There will always be natural born wronguns but a lot of these youts would be off the roads with some strong parents.

Exactly.

until this is solved, everything else is just medicating the symptoms, instead of trying to cure the disease.

1 hour ago, Kompressor said:

Of course its an issue. It isn't the root though. 

The root (I.E. All the causes listed like absent parents, low self worth/esteem etc) is step 1. Drill is step 3 or 4. The violence/crime is step 2. 

These drill rappers are already "in the field" before the music. The real issue is whatever brought them to the field. 

The music is a result same as the violence. Not the cause. 

(Don't know if I'm explaining this clearly at all)

Not all the so called drill rappers are in the field though. There is a lot of monkey see, monkey do artist following trend.

The music stems from a culture that adores and cultivates violence. They both go hand in hand. These artist that drive that content are the impressiobable pin up boys and role models for our youth. 

Not singling out music ALONE. But it would be stupid not to acknowledge the input on the current state of affairs. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The Somalian said:

Please allow the music talk that same shit excuse has been used since the 1950's 

Its a mentality and mind state of people with loads of underlying factors. 

What black music was being associated with violence and promotion of the wrong lifestyle in the 50s? Jazz? Lol. This shit started post 1970s if u study the timeline. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Afroman said:

In her own ideal world,

Having cosy chats in a youth centre,  while billin up a zoot,making trap tunes in a government funded studio is the ideal solution.

Ur just showing your ignorance

U dont know me, you don't know where any of these youts are coming from, you have 0 connection to them or their lifestyle and you kno fuck all about the range and extent of youth work beyond your limited imagination

Relax

• Downvote 2

These yewts don't have the idea in their heads that what they want in life is achievable. From their parents to their schools to their peers, no confidence given to them to achieve. Parents give up on them, teachers don't care, peers with the same shit getting thwm involved in more bullshit. 

Music isnt at fault for the reason In why this is happening but it's definitely a contribution to it. Whether it's the glamourizing of the lifestyle or literally calling out people on track boasting about what they done to another guy. Most of these man don't own anything in life but a bag of weed and their ego.

They have negative role models because they see it as achievable goals. Man don't look up to CEOs of FTSE 100 companies, because to them, they're not relatable. 

We need to adjust the mentality of the kids for the next generation. Technically it's our fault (ppl born in 80s) for the bs right now. A lot of man never matured or learnt whilst growing up and passed that on to Thier offspring.

I'm gonna start talking to the kids around the ends more. I ain't saying I'm someone to look up to or doing amazingly successful but I'm turning 30 and still alive with no stab wounds or gunshot wounds or anything with that growing up from the same area with the same shit going on. I just chose to do something else and learnt from others mistakes and had parents who cared enough to not give up on me. 

Theseman need confidence in themselves to be young men and take responsibility of themselves. Deep down most of these man don't wanna live that life but feel like they got no option. You ask someone why they are on road ...a real reason...at least 80-90% haven't got a valid reason. When they can learn to control their ego and realise it doesn't even matter and that the people they are killing are people in the same position as them, feeling the same emotions, then maybe we can sit down and have a proper conversation to help better these kids.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Grafter said:

Ur just showing your ignorance

U dont know me, you don't know where any of these youts are coming from, you have 0 connection to them or their lifestyle and you kno fuck all about the range and extent of youth work beyond your limited imagination

Relax

Uninterested...

in your opinion

Jog on.

• Like 5

music 100% plays a part if you dont then you are stupid. the fact is this kind of music has always been around and made by younger but difference is now its widely and more easily accessible than ever back in the day if you wanted to hear this kind of music you had to be from ends or know what to search for to find it. people outside london now know as much as people from london what is happening in certain areas in london. 

stabber is on westwood talking about shooter, shooter goes next day to his estate and films it on snapchat which later ends up on youtube and streetsblogs. stabber goes to shooters estate due to peer pressure the next day and someone gets touched and the cycle continues. 

• Like 1

Fuck it.

Yes Drill does directly influence youths as well as directly cause and promote violence.

Examples of direct promotion of violence:

Loski´s "long like Gora" line.

C-Biz´s Zino bar and his other references.

Any lines from 150/410 about Lil Zac

Any lines from these mad West kids about Tee Wiz.

Headie and RV, too many examples, "Melo packs", the "Shhhh.." stuff after the uni incident.

Zone 2, who are too fucked for me to get into.

Fuck it, anyone on PressPlay, LinkUp or anywhere else who talks about dipping and drilling and four doors.

The wickedest thing is the guys who are sat back chilling are white, Albanian, Turkish or Pakistani and sat back absolutely blessed with money coming out of their arse and also going out of the country. We are witnessing gangland culture play out within a space that nobody really controls, yet it has repercussions in the street. The things people say and do online feeds a market that you don´t see.

Where are man getting AK-47s, Skorpions, Baikals from? Fuck the shotguns and WW1/2 relics that have been knocking about since the Kray days. Who is bringing the big waps into the country and why are there not as many prosecutions for gun trafficking as there is for the violence that it causes?

Nines wasn´t joking when he said the Albos come like the Albanians of Europe. Them man are some of the dirtiest, scummiest criminals about.

Black youth are the victims of these man and it´s a shame. I know for fact that Albanians could not have pushed through succesfully in the 1980s and 1990s when the Jamaican badman were shaking up England. Unfortunately they experienced the destruction of their society slightly later than Jamaica, so now they´re moving wicked fresh from war and nobody can chat for them. The UK locked off immigration for Jamaica as they knew the runnings, but the door is still open for these flat headbacks to move anyway they want.

Follow the plugs, the straps and the guns are the issue. The stabbings can be dealt with. We need a new culture, probably musical as I don´t see politics cutting it, to take back the vibe. Unfortunately I feel like the micro is reflecting the macro, especially since 9-11. Quick retaliation is what these kids grew up seeing, they see badness in politics and the culture reflects it.

Sad times. Hence why I´m in Spain, chicos. Fuck all that.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, Kompressor said:

Of course its an issue. It isn't the root though. 

The root (I.E. All the causes listed like absent parents, low self worth/esteem etc) is step 1. Drill is step 3 or 4. The violence/crime is step 2. 

These drill rappers are already "in the field" before the music. The real issue is whatever brought them to the field. 

The music is a result same as the violence. Not the cause. 

(Don't know if I'm explaining this clearly at all)

You know what i initially negged you  but i took it away because i get what you are saying.

However i dont care what anyone says this drill/road rap shit is toxic. And it needs to be banned. It does nothing positive for black people on a whole. Infact it does the complete opposite.

This is how stupid alot of black people are.

Even if as you say "music it isnt a problem blah blah blah" why would you even want black people to make and promote something that is nothing more than ignorance and violence?

It frightens me because i can tell you now all you pro drillers will no doubt have kids and let them listen to this nonesense.

44 minutes ago, CurryMan said:

These yewts don't have the idea in their heads that what they want in life is achievable. From their parents to their schools to their peers, no confidence given to them to achieve. Parents give up on them, teachers don't care, peers with the same shit getting thwm involved in more bullshit. 

Music isnt at fault for the reason In why this is happening but it's definitely a contribution to it. Whether it's the glamourizing of the lifestyle or literally calling out people on track boasting about what they done to another guy. Most of these man don't own anything in life but a bag of weed and their ego.

They have negative role models because they see it as achievable goals. Man don't look up to CEOs of FTSE 100 companies, because to them, they're not relatable. 

We need to adjust the mentality of the kids for the next generation. Technically it's our fault (ppl born in 80s) for the bs right now. A lot of man never matured or learnt whilst growing up and passed that on to Thier offspring.

I'm gonna start talking to the kids around the ends more. I ain't saying I'm someone to look up to or doing amazingly successful but I'm turning 30 and still alive with no stab wounds or gunshot wounds or anything with that growing up from the same area with the same shit going on. I just chose to do something else and learnt from others mistakes and had parents who cared enough to not give up on me. 

Theseman need confidence in themselves to be young men and take responsibility of themselves. Deep down most of these man don't wanna live that life but feel like they got no option. You ask someone why they are on road ...a real reason...at least 80-90% haven't got a valid reason. When they can learn to control their ego and realise it doesn't even matter and that the people they are killing are people in the same position as them, feeling the same emotions, then maybe we can sit down and have a proper conversation to help better these kids.

why do you always chat so much shit but the answer to this question is easy. the reason these non blacks who are bringing guns into the country are not getting nicked is because they are not stupid you wont see them bragging about guns on a linkuptv video or waiving them on snapchat. go on youtube now and insta and you will see these dumb kids waiving firearms and knives around as if this is america

31 minutes ago, Funkyskanker said:

why do you always chat so much shit but the answer to this question is easy. the reason these non blacks who are bringing guns into the country are not getting nicked is because they are not stupid you wont see them bragging about guns on a linkuptv video or waiving them on snapchat. go on youtube now and insta and you will see these dumb kids waiving firearms and knives around as if this is america

You quote the wrong person?

1 hour ago, Elementalism said:

Fuck it.

Yes Drill does directly influence youths as well as directly cause and promote violence.

Examples of direct promotion of violence:

Loski´s "long like Gora" line.

C-Biz´s Zino bar and his other references.

Any lines from 150/410 about Lil Zac

Any lines from these mad West kids about Tee Wiz.

Headie and RV, too many examples, "Melo packs", the "Shhhh.." stuff after the uni incident.

Zone 2, who are too fucked for me to get into.

Fuck it, anyone on PressPlay, LinkUp or anywhere else who talks about dipping and drilling and four doors.

The wickedest thing is the guys who are sat back chilling are white, Albanian, Turkish or Pakistani and sat back absolutely blessed with money coming out of their arse and also going out of the country. We are witnessing gangland culture play out within a space that nobody really controls, yet it has repercussions in the street. The things people say and do online feeds a market that you don´t see.

Where are man getting AK-47s, Skorpions, Baikals from? Fuck the shotguns and WW1/2 relics that have been knocking about since the Kray days. Who is bringing the big waps into the country and why are there not as many prosecutions for gun trafficking as there is for the violence that it causes?

Nines wasn´t joking when he said the Albos come like the Albanians of Europe. Them man are some of the dirtiest, scummiest criminals about.

Black youth are the victims of these man and it´s a shame. I know for fact that Albanians could not have pushed through succesfully in the 1980s and 1990s when the Jamaican badman were shaking up England. Unfortunately they experienced the destruction of their society slightly later than Jamaica, so now they´re moving wicked fresh from war and nobody can chat for them. The UK locked off immigration for Jamaica as they knew the runnings, but the door is still open for these flat headbacks to move anyway they want.

Follow the plugs, the straps and the guns are the issue. The stabbings can be dealt with. We need a new culture, probably musical as I don´t see politics cutting it, to take back the vibe. Unfortunately I feel like the micro is reflecting the macro, especially since 9-11. Quick retaliation is what these kids grew up seeing, they see badness in politics and the culture reflects it.

Sad times. Hence why I´m in Spain, chicos. Fuck all that.

I don't think gun culture over here is that bad. Yes guns are around but you don't hear about too many shootings

It's the knife crime that is much more of a problem, everyones got a big knife in their kitchen. Guns on the other hand are much harder to come by and expensive most of these guys will not have the money to afford a machine gun lol.  Imagine if that wasn't the case the roads would be like call of duty

2 hours ago, ag. said:

What black music was being associated with violence and promotion of the wrong lifestyle in the 50s? Jazz? Lol. This shit started post 1970s if u study the timeline. 

New music has been used as a scape goat for corruption of youth such as rhythm and blues. Why not video games or movies as those forms of media offer the optics? How about books ? 

How are road guys influenced from music to do road? Remember back in the day being called road rats etc music had 0% to do with it. I want to know how in 2018 music is now to blame

Or this some new phenomena?  wait let me guess these new kids are out of control and we have never seen nothing like this before? GTFOH

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, The Somalian said:

New music has been used as a scape goat for corruption of youth such as rhythm and blues. Why not video games or movies as those forms of media offer the optics? How about books ? 

How are road guys influenced from music to do road? Remember back in the day being called road rats etc music had 0% to do with it. I want to know how in 2018 music is now to blame

Or this some new phenomena?  wait let me guess these new kids are out of control and we have never seen nothing like this before? GTFOH

The video game argument doesn't tally imho. 

Rap music is so ingrained into our youth culture it's the centre of almost everything we do.

We glorify and credit these people so effortlessly for the ignorant content they put out and as someone said they are more impressionable than video game characters and actors to these youngsters.

It's toxic.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Somalian said:

It's all a load of bollocks.

Completely different topic but look at the state of this from years ago.

Typical "won't somebody please think of the children" without anything actually talking to or trying to understand the children

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

@ag.

They tried banning Jazz/blues because it was associated with blacks. 

The music point is a redundant point. Why is Dave listening to drill music in his office not being affected?

Dave knows there are other alternatives in life but music. Not enough information for these youts.

Like man said, there's too many factors but it starts at home. I'm just disagreeing with blaming on music.

• Downvote 2

22 minutes ago, Seydou said:

@ag.

They tried banning Jazz/blues because it was associated with blacks. 

The music point is a redundant point. Why is Dave listening to drill music in his office not being affected?

Dave knows there are other alternatives in life but music. Not enough information for these youts.

Like man said, there's too many factors but it starts at home. I'm just disagreeing with blaming on music.

Said this before. There are people who are at risk of falling into criminal activity. Glasgow literally profiled these people when they developed their strategy for dealing with knife crime. They did an intervention scheme before they went down that path. You think white glasgow man up there were being influenced by music to their madness lol. 

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, The Somalian said:

You're seriously comparing John Coltrane and Charlie Parker to Loski and 67 lol gtfoh. They used to demonise rnb and Jazz for various reasons specific to that time and era. U would have to be dense to compare two situations like that. This new music has no reedeming qualities and very clearly has a link to the increase in all these shooting and stabbings, even the acid shit. They need to change the overall culture by force. Too many entitled people thats the crux of it

• Like 2