Cause and Solutions to Rise in Recent Violent Crime

Thizz

10 hours ago, Vtec said:

@dayomesaydayo

I can bring this forward to present time quite easily.  

USA, UK Israel Russia (European)  currently the most violent and pathologic nations where it. Concerns killing citizens daily home or abroad... In the name of democracy or intellectual violence etc. 

Sitting on the world's most powerful world ending bombs n shit.

They will kill at will listening to Celine Dione or mozart. So please link me to where music perpetuates killing? 

/

As for the UK blacks and USA. Music industry is not ran by us, record labels not run by us. The social and economic status of us as a whole is continually stunted in a systematic way. 

Weapons drugs we produce non of.. But somehow become poster child for a dark shady underworld ran by everyone else. Running straight up to the doors of power in Westminster and white House etc

So very easy for this narrative to be constructed of black on black crime and trapstar vids to be convinient blame. When we have zero power in these industries perpetuating this image.

Again. 

Why are you bringing up russians and others when talking about black british problems?  

You man love a good deflection tactic.

29 minutes ago, Trap God said:

Would be a nice show of unity if it was predominantly the youth out there doing this but lessss be honest

Ain't noone planning to take a life in revenge moved by a bunch of old niggas marching in the skreets

It's a start.

One of the big issues we face is people within our communities being pretty apathetic to the issues and the role they can play in helping find solutions.

This is a start, hopefully it can build to something meaningful.

On 4/3/2018 at 10:28 AM, ag. said:

Simple solution. From now onwards they should heavily restrict the output of urban music channels like linkup, pressplay, radar, etc. Also big increases in stop and search. If they have to profile people so be it. These entitled little lazy cunts doing the stabbing and shooting are massively influenced by the music and the surrounding culture, regardless of what brain dead mongs on here and twitter might say. They should throw the whole drill genre in the bin. Let these kids be forced into viewing themselves and their surroundings differently. But of course it will never happen. The same old mongs coming out with tired 'but its the system making young Kymani stab his opps with a 15inch hunting knife!!!' 

im with you in all of this 

but watch others disagree 

teh drill ting is a madness seriously how is headie one - konw better allowed to flourish 

a song clealry addressing murder and post code war and yet its a current banger ( i cant even lie i bang the tune out) 

socal media and music is making this even worse

18 hours ago, Afroman said:

The video game argument doesn't tally imho. 

Rap music is so ingrained into our youth culture it's the centre of almost everything we do.

We glorify and credit these people so effortlessly for the ignorant content they put out and as someone said they are more impressionable than video game characters and actors to these youngsters.

It's toxic.

keep going bro educate them 

hiphop/ rap is central to us a a culture its mad 

people dont even realise 

how can a genre so destructive(subject matter , drugs, gluttony, constandt and reckless sex, crminal activity) be so central to how we enjoy ourselves 

from how we dress down to the food we eat , down to how we behave it is central 

i keep using this headie one example as it couldnt be any more clear

he got badded up and as a result of the social media the whole word knew about his plight 

he had to retatlaite and as a result two youts from the other side have died 

next day he documents these deaths in a song that is now the current banger of the streets

the youts of WG have taken a big L and now have to reatlailte ( im sure the recent tottenham shootings are connected)

as a result the cycle continues 

now we will play know better in the club and everyone will get hype

then kwame from broadwater will get shot and then we will cry ' why' and 'when will it stop' 

well you cant be promoting such violent songs and then when the people creating/ or affilaited with the people creating these songs do exactly what they are claiming they do in the tune 

then we get  start asking questions 

cant have it both ways people 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, yhfam said:

? this has deffo solved gang crime 

who the fuck are they protesting to ffs

its a start 

i like this 

if i knew i would have joined 

lets start showing others and youths that we are not tolerating this shit anymore 

and its not just a part of london life that happens every now and again 

Blaming music for an issue with society is backwards 

The whole clout bullshit has been happening before this new drill ting dont u guys remember 03/05 times people filming themselfs on opps blocks shootings popping off with the new social media that has increased 

The music is just there its not a cause if the music was taken away these guys will still be taking dirt naps 

the Issue you have with the music is clearly a morality one

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

People have been desensitised to a mad level when it comes to this shit. That spac nation group sums it up. Doing drill in front of aunties in church. This shit has been normalised too much. And on top of that most of the influencers in the urban scene are too scared to really speak up prob coz they scared it harms their earning potential in some way 

This is gonna be my last post on this

First off there is no reason why the youth should take cues from a bunch of washed up out of touch 30+ year old men that have nothing to show for their time on this planet other than a beard

They're doing a good job of appearing like they're doing something yes, but if you genuinely think what they're doing is part of the solution to prevent murders then clearly you aren't well enough informed regarding youth crime/culture to even have an opinion on what a practical solution looks like

/

As the Headie One incident has been mentioned and is probably the best recent example of the negative impact of drill music let me break it down as simply as possible because it appears a few of you don't know your ass from your elbow

If in a hypothetical world Headie One didnt make drill music and was an rnb singer out of Broadwater Farm that spoke about nothing but gyal

He would still have the same 'ops'

If he went back to a girls dorm room after a sold out show where he got to display his execptional rnb talent and his ‘ops’ caught wind of his location they would still have gone where he was to film him in a vulnerable position for the clout

Whether or not he makes know better whatever retailiatory action that the Farm youts deem as appropriate for the violation still occurs regardless

Absolutely nothing in the cycle of events changes if you take drill music out of the equation

Apart from people that would usually have no idea about the backdrop to any of the violence being made aware of it so they can come online and talk like they've got some special insight into all of it

• Like 1

These youts are truly lost they are in rival gangs but can casually chat to each other about who pulled up on who/chicks/who ran/who crumbled under pressure these man bait went school together and were probably cool but if they saw each other on road it will be beef its actually sad 

55 minutes ago, Trap God said:

This is gonna be my last post on this

First off there is no reason why the youth should take cues from a bunch of washed up out of touch 30+ year old men that have nothing to show for their time on this planet other than a beard

They're doing a good job of appearing like they're doing something yes, but if you genuinely think what they're doing is part of the solution to prevent murders then clearly you aren't well enough informed regarding youth crime/culture to even have an opinion on what a practical solution looks like

/

As the Headie One incident has been mentioned and is probably the best recent example of the negative impact of drill music let me break it down as simply as possible because it appears a few of you don't know your ass from your elbow

If in a hypothetical world Headie One didnt make drill music and was an rnb singer out of Broadwater Farm that spoke about nothing but gyal

He would still have the same 'ops'

If he went back to a girls dorm room after a sold out show where he got to display his execptional rnb talent and his ‘ops’ caught wind of his location they would still have gone where he was to film him in a vulnerable position for the clout

Whether or not he makes know better whatever retailiatory action that the Farm youts deem as appropriate for the violation still occurs regardless

Absolutely nothing in the cycle of events changes if you take drill music out of the equation

Apart from people that would usually have no idea about the backdrop to any of the violence being made aware of it so they can come online and talk like they've got some special insight into all of it

all im saying to you right now is as a Ghanaian from east ,it is always probable that you have close ties to someone in broadwater farm 

i know a lot  more about this particular case than you assume 

4 hours ago, JOHN DOE said:

teh drill ting is a madness seriously how is headie one - konw better allowed to flourish 

a song clealry addressing murder and post code war and yet its a current banger ( i cant even lie i bang the tune out) 

Interesting point of view. 

And a sound arguement. The song is perverse.

However Heads was deep involved in that shit before he was Making music and before Drill was a thing. 

Which again brings us back to the original point. Drill us the result of something not the reason. 

Those kids was lost from 14/15 years old long before they pucked up a mic or pen. 

The people shanking and shooting aren't doing so coz of Drill. If Drill wasn't around it would be something else getting the blame. It doesn't help and generally isn't positive but it isn't the reason.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JOHN DOE said:

its a start 

i like this 

if i knew i would have joined 

lets start showing others and youths that we are not tolerating this shit anymore 

and its not just a part of london life that happens every now and again 

Well said.

13 minutes ago, Kompressor said:

Interesting point of view. 

And a sound arguement. The song is perverse.

However Heads was deep involved in that shit before he was Making music and before Drill was a thing. 

Which again brings us back to the original point. Drill us the result of something not the reason. 

Those kids was lost from 14/15 years old long before they pucked up a mic or pen. 

The people shanking and shooting aren't doing so coz of Drill. If Drill wasn't around it would be something else getting the blame. It doesn't help and generally isn't positive but it isn't the reason.

Why were they lost? Most reasons kids hit the roads is coz of dysfunctional family situation or lack of funds. Add into that mix the weed most road kids smoke from a young age, or even if they don't smoke they are already getting themselves in situations they don't have mental maturity to handle. Add into it racism and general working class struggles in UK and all the effects that might have in terms of keeping people in mental and physical ghettos, all of these factors, and then you throw in the timebomb of negative and destructive cultures like the music, which didn't just start at drill; The overall rap Americanised culture going back years and the effects its had. Black people LOVE moaning about 'the Asian man opening shops in our communities' but never wanna discuss the difficult reasons why blacks are collectively behind in shit like ownership. Its so obvious this music culture overall has played a big part in keeping blacks all over behind and focused on bullshit like materialism and consuming, dumbing down the black masses overall

You have to ban Drake also then, I mean have you heard his latest tune look alive?

• Downvote 1

keep going bro educate them 

hiphop/ rap is central to us a a culture its mad 

people dont even realise 

how can a genre so destructive(subject matter , drugs, gluttony, constandt and reckless sex, crminal activity) be so central to how we enjoy ourselves 

from how we dress down to the food we eat , down to how we behave it is central 

i keep using this headie one example as it couldnt be any more clear

he got badded up and as a result of the social media the whole word knew about his plight 

he had to retatlaite and as a result two youts from the other side have died 

next day he documents these deaths in a song that is now the current banger of the streets

the youts of WG have taken a big L and now have to reatlailte ( im sure the recent tottenham shootings are connected)

as a result the cycle continues 

now we will play know better in the club and everyone will get hype

then kwame from broadwater will get shot and then we will cry ' why' and 'when will it stop' 

well you cant be promoting such violent songs and then when the people creating/ or affilaited with the people creating these songs do exactly what they are claiming they do in the tune 

then we get  start asking questions 

cant have it both ways people 

Right

9 minutes ago, ag. said:

Why were they lost? Most reasons kids hit the roads is coz of dysfunctional family situation or lack of funds. Add into that mix the weed most road kids smoke from a young age, or even if they don't smoke they are already getting themselves in situations they don't have mental maturity to handle. Add into it racism and general working class struggles in UK and all the effects that might have in terms of keeping people in mental and physical ghettos, all of these factors, and then you throw in the timebomb of negative and destructive cultures like the music, which didn't just start at drill; The overall rap Americanised culture going back years and the effects its had. Black people LOVE moaning about 'the Asian man opening shops in our communities' but never wanna discuss the difficult reasons why blacks are collectively behind in shit like ownership. Its so obvious this music culture overall has played a big part in keeping blacks all over behind and focused on bullshit like materialism and consuming, dumbing down the black masses overall

Interesting again. So what you're essentially saying is this goes much further/deeper than Drill. I agree. 

What else would you ban?

Imagine a man dying of some illness/disease. The Nurse's big idea is to wipe away the sweat on the patients forehead before spending her time wisely by finding what is exactly wrong with him and looking to remedy that.

Drill is the sweat, that aint gonna kill the man. The disease will if left untreated.