Amnesty for anyone who was a minor that arrived In Britain between 1948 to 1971

TheOneGameBaller

Windrush Generation were invited as settlers and as British subjects. Minors also had the right to stay.We call on the government to stop all deportations, change the burden of proof and establish an amnesty for anyone who was a minor.The government should also provide compensation for loss & hurt.

With successive changes in immigration policy and legislation over the last 70 years along with the independence of countries which now form part of the Commonwealth this has created uncertainty and lack of clarity and justice for tens of thousands of individuals who have worked hard, paid their taxes and raised children and grandchildren and who see Britain as their home.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/216539

Don’t forget to share too. :Y:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/mar/30/antiguan-who-has-lived-59-years-in-britain-told-he-is-in-uk-illegally

i've signed

but as much as i feel sorry for those caught up in this i do wonder how so many never sorted out their stay in the uk

most of these minors have been big grown men and women for sometime now since arriving

i know the rules & regulations have changed many times since but the emphasis is always on the foreigner to make sure their papers are in check nah?

1 hour ago, Incumbent said:

i've signed

but as much as i feel sorry for those caught up in this i do wonder how so many never sorted out their stay in the uk

most of these minors have been big grown men and women for sometime now since arriving

i know the rules & regulations have changed many times since but the emphasis is always on the foreigner to make sure their papers are in check nah?

!!!!

Got too comfortable

Wordt kinda limbo to be in. Had a few friends in similar position. You might as well be incarcerated 

2 minutes ago, Incumbent said:

you'd be surprised how many ppl rarely travel let alone even have a passport

i am not 100% on numbers but i am sure less than half the uk population hold a passport

I would have questioned that but some things I've heard in the last few years, I'm not surprised.

16 hours ago, Incumbent said:

i've signed

100% my boy got deported his mum never sorted out his documents as a kid. Man is now living in Nigeria and he knows 0% about the place kids everything is here.

16 hours ago, Seydou said:

Have these man never thought of travelling ?

Some of them may have had passports before but lost it over time. They also been employed - how do u get a job in the first place without showing ur right to work in this country?.  So for them to think oh yh i mus be alright isn't unbelievable

I think now they are being required to provide documentary proof they had the right to stay in this country for each year they were here. So if ur passport wasnt renewed and or ur old one is lost ur fucked. The government needs better record management, across the civil service the record management in every single policy area IS PISS POOR.

The policy that the government is running now is nasty. An it's just to say we reduced immigration but such an such number. 

These people are easy wins. It's all about easy short term wins when it comes to policy. Rarely do they think long term

Many people had the foresight to sort out their citizenship properly from early. But many didn't think it was necessary and I can fully see why, given the law at the time they arrived and how free they have been to live for the last 50 yrs

From they letting a man die of prostate cancer with no discussion an no intervention we know how the ting set already

People been gettin deported with no right of in country appeal for years they got youts here and lives

Thats it

The line has been drawn

People think a petition gna do something. It ain't. The home office are like a bunch of criminals themselves, fuck someone up now, maybe ask questions later. Facety, rude in all communications, purposely ambiguously written laws. The rules change every 5 mins. Who has the money to keep fighting all of this?

It's all over the news...

Also people born here are havin to fork out big money and go through that damn citizenship test and ceremony because their parents were born abroad and somehow never sorted out their children's paper work. 

Makes me sick

If it was truly an error, she would resign

That apology is nothing but a poor attempt at appeasement

Watch how they won't just bring those people back. They will make them need to get a solicitor again an go through a convoluted process

26 minutes ago, Drift said:

They don't wonder anything. Blacks are less than 4 % of the population and usually live in Labour strongholds. Vote is worthless... This is probably something that their voter base approves of.

!!.

Add to that

The Jacob R moog fan boys are not happy that he is very vocal against this whole mess

On 29/09/2017 at 7:26 PM, Vtec said:

Don't forget those whose grandparents and parents came on the Windrush generation 1940s until 1962. To help rebuild after WW2. From the carribbean and the kids born here. They never had to claim citizenship, they where property of the crown and state and classed British under protectorate control of... for example Jamaica, barbados

Rife racism and fear of Wypippo  genocide was rife then, sparking your enoch Powell rivers of blood type speeches in the 60s

Around the same time England claimed to make Jamaica independent in 1962 basically a move to stem the free flow of black British crown subjects. And now "allegedly" give the country back to Jamaican people (tho African people never conquered and claimed the island or put themselves there) as to implement immigration laws.. (Eg checks and balances) slowing down the influx to appease Wypippo's fears. 

That same year England introduced

"Commonwealth Immigrants Act 1962"

"An Act to make temporary provision for controlling the immigration into the United Kingdom of Commonwealth citizens; to authorise the deportation from the United Kingdom of certain Commonwealth citizens convicted of offences and recommended by the court for deportation; to amend the qualifications required of Commonwealth citizens applying for citizenship under the British Nationality Act, 1948; to make corresponding provisions in respect of British protected persons and citizens of the Republic of Ireland; and for purposes connected with the matters aforesaid"

Racism is a system and those within that sphere of dominant racial power can only inflict racism (hegemonic and privileged flex) to prevent the come up of other racial groups regardless of wealth and class divides. It works on all levels judge to bin cleaner. 

Had to requote this post from a while back. 

This system knows exactly what it's doing.