The Differences That Clash With Your Experiences In Life

Incumbent

Last week at work one guy (white) made tea for some of us, it was so quick I asked him "Did we finally get that new kettle?" and he replied "Nah mate, the water was already hot". I replied "Huh...you used the previously boiled water that's been sitting there for ages?" He replied "Of course not mate, I just used the hot water from the tap". My other work colleague and I spat out our tea like WTF?

I've only ever made tea/coffee using cold water, I've never even thought about making it was hot water from the tap, that's just mad to me :lol:

Share your experiences...

That what the hot tap is therefore

Its not to wash ur hands is it

About 5 people on our floor out of maybe 100 use the kettle instead because they believe the kettle boils to a higher temperature which is more appropriate for a perfectly brewed tea

Is what it is but the instant hot tap is filtered boiling hot water, its not a regular warm tap

18 minutes ago, Thizz said:

Yeah if you got one of them boiling water taps don't get what the big deal is.

I thought you meant he was just using the regular hot water tap.

that's what i meant, regular hot water from the tap which he then boiled in the kettle then served up

23 minutes ago, Grafter said:

About 5 people on our floor out of maybe 100 use the kettle instead because they believe the kettle boils to a higher temperature which is more appropriate for a perfectly brewed tea

Is what it is but the instant hot tap is filtered boiling hot water, its not a regular warm tap

are u saying u do that too?

put hot water from the tap into the kettle, boil then make your tea?

1 hour ago, Wavant said:

You should be making your own drinks.

Avoids shit like this.

Fam...

They tried doing that with me. Told them politely "why not come with me and hold conversations instead, take a rest from the screen."

? that has now caused half of the team to make their own 

3 hours ago, Grafter said:

Thats a very good strategy

Whenever i entered a team where people were making tea for others I pretended I didn't drink tea.

Got a good team now, we all go together

SH AF

HAH ADH A :rofl:

aga

that's me moretime!!!!

i've got too comfy at my latest job but yes @Lieutenant i shall be returning to my default make my own settings which will likely "violate" many office unwritten codes 8-)

11 hours ago, Grafter said:

Zip_Tap_Hot_Water_1466687095.png

Zip_Tap_2_1364405494.png

11 hours ago, Incumbent said:

that's what i meant, regular hot water from the tap which he then boiled in the kettle then served up

Whats the issue here? Why does it matter if he boils cold water or hot water? Am i missing something?

/

You lot that dont make tea...people will do a lot for you if you make them a cuppa every now and then...especially if you dont even drink tea like me.