Random News

TL:DR - No one knows.

He was fine all the way through pregnancy and his heart trace was perfect throughout the delivery. He was still kicking as he was coming out. When he arrived he had no pulse and was not breathing. They tried resuscitating for 26 mins before they called it a still birth.

When we were handed him, he was doing these little gasps we were told he was having spinal reflexes. I’m holding him and thinking he’s breathing and my missus is going mad saying he’s breathing but they refused to check that he was alive.

45mins later one of the midwives finally checks but says she can’t hear anything but a next midwife goes to get a neonatal doctor. He comes in a finds a pulse!

So they do the resus and then took him to neonatal with a pulse and breathing with help.

We were allowed to see him a few hours later but his little heart just wasn’t strong enough to pump oxygen all round his body so we had to make the decision to take the support away. He’d been starved of oxygen for so long that we’d already been told that he would have severe brain damage. He died in my arms within seconds of the support being taken away.

so there’s a hospital investigation and we still waiting for the post mortem results.

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, The King said:

He was fine all the way through pregnancy and his heart trace was perfect throughout the delivery. He was still kicking as he was coming out. When he arrived he had no pulse and was not breathing. They tried resuscitating for 26 mins before they called it a still birth.

When we were handed him, he was doing these little gasps we were told he was having spinal reflexes. I’m holding him and thinking he’s breathing and my missus is going mad saying he’s breathing but they refused to check that he was alive.

45mins later one of the midwives finally checks but says she can’t hear anything but a next midwife goes to get a neonatal doctor. He comes in a finds a pulse!

So they do the resus and then took him to neonatal with a pulse and breathing with help.

We were allowed to see him a few hours later but his little heart just wasn’t strong enough to pump oxygen all round his body so we had to make the decision to take the support away. He’d been starved of oxygen for so long that we’d already been told that he would have severe brain damage. He died in my arms within seconds of the support being taken away.

so there’s a hospital investigation and we still waiting for the post mortem results.

sounds like some negligence there. If there was the second opinion earlier it may/may not have made a difference.

Either way, thats sad. Sorry for your loss man and hope time is a healer. Things like this should bring you and your partner closer together. Stay strong for eachother.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The King said:

That was truly harrowing to read my deepest condolences once again, as a father myself childbirth still remains the most traumatic and scariest experience of my life

My daughter was born with her cord around her neck and wasn't breathing when she came out and if it wasn't for the haste response of the midwife and the team of doctors at that very moment I cant even bring myself to think of what could have happened

Ultimately it was the grace of God which allowed my daughter to live, but I am thankful that the medical team did their upmost to react to the situation 

What hospital did this happen if you dont mind me asking?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The King said:

Can’t even imagine that pain. Sorry to hear that bro, hope you and your mrs can find peace.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Heero Yuy said:

I don’t even know what to say after reading that. My heart goes out to you brother.

i truly hope you can get the answers from the hospital, don’t let them railroad you either.

+

harrowing to think people not only people but a peer had to go through a loss like that in these modern times

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The King said:

These words break my heart doll. Men in these difficult times always seem to get forgotten about because they have to be strong and help their lady. I wish nothing but pure blessings and love to you and your partner through this hard time. You sound like a top guy. Remember to find time for you because you need to be strong for the both of you. Life can be really cruel at times .

• Upvote 3
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, easy.pee.zee said:

These words break my heart doll. Men in these difficult times always seem to get forgotten about because they have to be strong and help their lady. I wish nothing but pure blessings and love to you and your partner through this hard time. You sound like a top guy. Remember to find time for you because you need to be strong for the both of you. Life can be really cruel at times .

Good points

Strong post

19 hours ago, The King said:

So so sorry for you loss man.

I hope you get what you need from the post morterm and can move forward.

Keep your head up