Random News

On 4/21/2018 at 2:22 PM, Admin. said:

Beg you copy/paste the articles 

and dont just post links to direct to sites like dailymail etc

@Toney Barton

Berlinah Wallace

A woman who threw sulphuric acid at her former partner, which led to him ending his life, has been jailed for life with a minimum term of 12 years.

Berlinah Wallace, 48, hurled the corrosive fluid at Dutch engineer Mark van Dongen in Bristol in 2015.

At Bristol Crown Court, Mrs Justice Nicola Davies told Wallace it was "an act of pure evil".

She was cleared of murdering her former partner but found guilty of throwing a corrosive substance with intent.

"Your intention was to burn, disfigure and disable Mark van Dongen so that he would not be attractive to any other woman," the judge said.

Avon and Somerset Police said it believed it to be the first life sentence for an acid attack in the UK.

Mr van Dongen, 29, was left paralysed from the neck down and lost an ear, eye and his left leg following the attack, and ended his own life in a Belgian hospital in January 2017.

The judge told Wallace she had "chosen the moment" for the attack when Mr van Dongen was wearing only boxer shorts and asleep in bed at her flat in Westbury Park.

"Vulnerable, almost naked, he awoke but had no real opportunity to avoid the focus of your acid attack, namely his face and then his body," she said.

"Immediately before you threw the acid you said to Mark, 'If I can't have you, no-one can'."

what an evil piece of shit.

Irish abortion referendum: Polls close

Polls have now closed in the Republic of Ireland's referendum on abortion laws.

The vote will decide whether to repeal a part of the constitution, known as the Eighth Amendment, which effectively bans terminations in the country.

Voting ended at 22:00 local time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44241521

11 hours ago, kerser said:

Irish abortion referendum: Polls close

Polls have now closed in the Republic of Ireland's referendum on abortion laws.

The vote will decide whether to repeal a part of the constitution, known as the Eighth Amendment, which effectively bans terminations in the country.

Voting ended at 22:00 local time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44241521

Polls by The Irish Times and RTÉ suggested about 69% voted to repeal a part of the constitution that effectively bans terminations.

On 17/05/2018 at 3:40 PM, Afroman said:

Sheffield's just got the coolest mayor ever Mark Howe

Sheffield’s new Mayor might just be the coolest one you’ve ever seen

At only 28, he is the youngest Lord Mayor the city has ever seen and he is the first Green Party Councillor to take on the role. He and his family moved to Sheffield from Somalia when he was just five-years-old and he payed tribute to his ‘great city’ as he took on the new job. ‘Fast forward to today and I am honoured and privileged to have been given the highest honour that can be bestowed upon any citizen in this city,’ he said.sei_12798728-e1526557521224.jpg

Fair Play 

I remember that guy from this program. Got caught pretty swiftly.

21 hours ago, dub said:

Polls by The Irish Times and RTÉ suggested about 69% voted to repeal a part of the constitution that effectively bans terminations.

19 hours ago, dayomesaydayo said:

Just shows you how backwards and upside down the world is. 

What are both your thoughts on the abortion debate? 

I’m kind of conflicted tbh.

At least this is changing 

"Currently, abortion is only allowed when a woman's life is at risk, but not in cases of rape, incest or fatal foetal abnormality."

/

Don't really bother me I get the argument if your old enough ect but still ain't strong enough for me 

Ultimately it's your body and you should be able to do what you want

No pain for the foetus until 24 weeks

I don't have any strong opinion but my god child was born at 5 months, that's around 24 weeks. He survived and caught up to full term babies very very quickly. Has absolutely no problems. He wasn't a foetus, he was a viable baby.

Havin seen that, i feel 24 weeks is late

On 27/05/2018 at 8:01 AM, Heero Yuy said:

What are both your thoughts on the abortion debate? 

I’m kind of conflicted tbh.

For me personally im totally against it.

I feel as if babies are being killed due to nothing more than carelessness and thats wrong.

Still havent heard a solid argument on why abortion should be legal.

Just the usual its a womans body blah blah.

• Downvote 1

Shan Brown and Madders Tiff
Image captionShan Brown and Madders Tiff say they were assaulted by DJ Smallz

Mode FM has apologised after two women were involved in a physical altercation with a DJ live on set.

The community radio station, based in Enfield, has apologised publicly to the women after video footage of the incident surfaced online.

The footage shows the male DJ apparently pushing one woman, and holding another in a headlock.

DJ King Smallz, who tweeted about the incident, which happened on Sunday, has accepted full responsibility.

Image copyrightKING SMALLZ/TWITTERKing Smallz tweet

In the video, female grime MC, Madders Tiff, can be seen arguing with DJ King Smallz before he apparently pushes her and a confrontation ensues.

She said she thought the DJ was being unfair to her by turning up the music whilst she was trying to perform a song.

According to the grime MC, she approached the DJ and asked him why he was "sabotaging" her.

"His energy was making me feel uncomfortable. He stopped DJing and asked me who I was speaking to.

"I tried to be calm, because I know that in situations like that, you don't know what to expect.

"And then he pushed me."

The footage shows an argument breaking out between Madders and DJ King Smallz, before he enters a different studio where a clash with another female, Shan Brown, can be seen.

Shan, a video director who used to work at Mode FM, said: "I didn't know what was going on at first, but I stood up to call management and said 'you can't do this'."

Image copyrightTWITTERShan Brown
Image captionShan Brown says she tried to turn off the mics when DJ King Smallz 'grabbed' her

Shan, who is familiar with the radio station, said the first thing that came to her mind was the fact that they were all still live on air.

"I went to turn the mics off, but I didn't even get a chance, before he grabbed me."

Both Shan and Madders, who have received support from other grime MCs and DJs, say they do not want this to be a negative portrayal of the industry.

But Madders says female MCs need to be respected more, and she is glad this has sparked a conversation.

"It's just really hard because I am a single mother trying to make a name for myself in the industry.

"We didn't want to speak out at first in case it affected our careers, and it's embarrassing, because I had to act out of character to defend myself.

"If more radio stations did more to support women, maybe DJs wouldn't think this is acceptable"

Shan and Madders say that Mode FM acted quickly, efficiently and have supported them every step of the way.

In a statement Mode FM, which was developed to help young people get into the industry, said: "We'd just like [to] address last night's unfortunate events on Mode. It [has] left us with no choice but to remove the DJ in question with immediate effect.

"We don't tolerate any violence of any kind to anyone."

Since accepting responsibility, DJ King Smallz has deleted his Twitter account.

Both Shan and Madders say that they are happy that male MCs in particular are not talking about the wider issues facing women in the industry, and abuse against women in general.

Prominent grime DJ, Logan Sama, wrote in a tweet: "Saw a very disturbing video of someone reacting very violently towards 2 women inside a pirate radio studio. Needless to say this behaviour is entirely unacceptable and not wanted round Grime. We all need to do better as a male dominated scene."

MC Nadia Rose, who recently spoke to Channel 4 about the treatment of women in the industry, applauded Shan on Twitter for exposing this kind of behaviour :

"YUCK. What a tramp. But big up yourself for speaking up..."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/entertainment-arts-44294351?__twitter_impression=true

Saw this on NJ insta yesterday had no idea it was these two Smallz moving mad

9 hours ago, CurryMan said:

to be fair...the madders chick wasnt even invited to the set... she turned up...mobbed...spat her bars...didnt get wheeled and because of that called smallz a "prick" on mic and smallz is one of them guys with anger issues.

See this makes sense she made her radio debut on my show around 3 years ago had about 20 man in there and she was mouthing on the mic cussing about the other mc's not wanting to give her the mic. I know Logan also had an issue with her when she came onto a set with him and slew dem and she would have the mic and not spit and she was calling the instrumentals shit. She has had run in's with other female mc's in the past because of her mouth. Lady Shockers fell out with her because she sent an indirect to no lay after she was in that car accident. So she has form

Spoiler

• Like 1

On 30/05/2018 at 8:27 AM, CurryMan said:

to be fair...the madders chick wasnt even invited to the set... she turned up...mobbed...spat her bars...didnt get wheeled and because of that called smallz a "prick" on mic and smallz is one of them guys with anger issues.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LifeOfShan/status/1001401810299637760/video/1

Defo got anger issues