Kanye West - "Slavery is a choice."

Supermalt

Tbh at the end of the day, it was a off the cuff and flippant comment and should be taken as such.

What everyone is doing, explaining a deeper meaning behind what they think he was trying to say is frivolous.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TTK said:

Tbh at the end of the day, it was a off the cuff and flippant comment and should be taken as such.

What everyone is doing, explaining a deeper meaning behind what they think he was trying to say is frivolous.

It's a cult fam

4 hours ago, Elementalism said:

Just got blocked from some shitty group on FB for vaguely cosigning the undertone of his argument, lol.

Picture the scene.

350 years in America, a young West African slave is dragged off a boat somewhere on the south-eastern coast. He looks back and sees bodies , men, women and children being sent onward to the sugar islands of Jamaica and Haiti, some chained, some in the process of being beaten for resistance, some of them employed to do the beating and he bit his lip. 

He didn't forget. He steps off onto the wooden shore of the strange new land and begins a time of painful toil.

Some time passes and this young man is tormented internally by what he has witnessed. In this new space, people are punished for their conservative beliefs, any desire to hold onto past traditions is met with brutal repression, any political whispers are silenced.

He often thought of the men he saw fighting, the ones who jumped. His mind replayed scenes of possible escape over and again. Days passed and the callouses on his hands and back grew thicker. 

One day in the company of another young slave, he whispered four words in the strange new tongue. "Do o' no do.' The other body twitched upward to face him, confused by the riddle. "Do o no do." Both bodies secretly pause, working just enough for the omipresent overseer to notice nothing change.

/

I don't have time to continue, but let's have it right. Slavery, the condition, the experience, involved choices.

What this example in the short piece I wrote highlights is the following:

Black people chose to resist or not.

They chose to snitch on other slaves for inciting shit, or not.

You chose life in bondage or freedom in death.

You chose privilege or punishment.

You chose peace, or you chose violence.

You submitted, or you died trying.

There are many, many more.

/

This is actually a very dangerous and powerful idea for Kanye to present, if you really deep it. If Kanye was a slave on a plantation and dropped that idea, he would either be snitched on and killed for the Master or the Master would die. I'm sure history presented a lot of these moments.

I missed this but this is a sick post. Its actually good to read people post thoughtful things when the majority of shit on this issue i see is fucking simplistic and regurgitated nonsense.

Social media is making people so stupid

27 minutes ago, ag. said:

I missed this but this is a sick post. Its actually good to read people post thoughtful things when the majority of shit on this issue i see is fucking simplistic and regurgitated nonsense.

Social media is making people so stupid

Respect. I hit the fattest morning zoot and penned that. 

47 minutes ago, Elementalism said:

Respect. I hit the fattest morning zoot and penned that. 

Sn brudda it's refreshing getting intelligent perspectives on here

4 minutes ago, Drift said:

They allow that on the force?

That your only contribution to the discussion you thick fuck. So what if man is a copper? grow up you c*nt

Restrictive is more likely to be a fed and a snitch anyways more than Element

10 hours ago, Agony said:

I enjoyed the TI interviews

Goes to show how ye is literally just a man and people need to remember that. Whilst he is just a man he is honest and genuine to himself an hes open to bein corrected and informed

3 hours ago, Don Crack said:

Kanye has openly said he was addicted to opioids which is a drug that comes with harsh side effects. People have clearly chosen to ignore this and the consequences of a black mans mental well being. 

Addicted to pain killers like half of America, like Eminem, like lil Wayne....

Doesn't excuse anything

1 hour ago, ag. said:

That your only contribution to the discussion you thick fuck. So what if man is a copper? grow up you c*nt

Restrictive is more likely to be a fed and a snitch anyways more than Element

Why are you such a faggot? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grafter said:

I enjoyed the TI interviews

Goes to show how ye is literally just a man and people need to remember that. Whilst he is just a man he is honest and genuine to himself an hes open to bein corrected and informed

He is 40 years old.

Too old for this shit

3 minutes ago, Supermalt said:

He is 40 years old.

Too old for this shit

Lotta people are too old for a lot of things tho. We're all different and we all go through things which cause us to mature in different aspects

We got grown men who mum still cutting their toe nails, washin their clothes and cookin dinner everyday

We got grown women who still makin the same mistakes with men as they did at 15

At least hes open to progressin his mind however old he is whilst still engaging in progressive thought

If there was anything brilliant about Kanye he would have said it in one of his songs. That's what artists are supposed to do. He hasn't done that. he's trying to do it on twitter. Just an entitled bisexual chosen for riches and filling a void.this guy is just a Donald trump bot, nothing deep, just divisive. Pilled out lonesome and lost motherfucker with a false wife, the blind is out here to lead the blind. Feel sorry for people like John Legend who think he's a genius.Just feeding this insignificant ( in the grand scheme) motherfuck. Doesn't even make his own music anymore just one of many corporate brand names that robs upcoming artists creativity, why do you worship that? Because also lost? 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

Assume that was aimed somewhere toward me since i used the word progressive... I have absolutely no concern with the mans wealth or anyones, means nothing to me, not something I really tend to admire in a person. Or following, I simply can't keep up with anything mainstream anymore. If it weren't for vip an two friends I'd be lost

Also can't call myself a ye fan, I've only listened to 3 albums and I didn't even kno he'd been sectioned until the Charlemagne video. I just genuinely rate alot of what he says, certainly not all of it though