Kanye West - "Slavery is a choice."

Supermalt

1 hour ago, Uncle Man said:

If there was anything brilliant about Kanye he would have said it in one of his songs. That's what artists are supposed to do. He hasn't done that. he's trying to do it on twitter. Just an entitled bisexual chosen for riches and filling a void.this guy is just a Donald trump bot, nothing deep, just divisive. Pilled out lonesome and lost motherfucker with a false wife, the blind is out here to lead the blind. Feel sorry for people like John Legend who think he's a genius.Just feeding this insignificant ( in the grand scheme) motherfuck. Doesn't even make his own music anymore just one of many corporate brand names that robs upcoming artists creativity, why do you worship that? Because also lost? 

Aint Kanye classed as genius status more for his beat making/overall production steez? If diverse and certified music ppl who have shared studios with this donny for years are bigging up his musical talents, grudgingly sometimes then who are randomers like us to question that

47 minutes ago, Trap God said:

Nothing progressive or thoughtful about anything the guy said but we're in an age where men are judged by their wealth and their following rather than their deeds

His fans will clammer to find justification for this nonsense and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest

Case in point of a typical thoughtless response.... this is why it's best they keep mainstream culture dumbed down and reductive as it is. No intelligent person is worried about his wealth you prat it is more appreciating a mainstream artist pushing out (simplified) existentialist messages. Stick to Gucci Mane riddims 'Trap God'

31 minutes ago, Grafter said:

Assume that was aimed somewhere toward me since i used the word progressive... I have absolutely no concern with the mans wealth or anyones, means nothing to me, not something I really tend to admire in a person. Or following, I simply can't keep up with anything mainstream anymore. If it weren't for vip an two friends I'd be lost

Also can't call myself a ye fan, I've only listened to 3 albums and I didn't even kno he'd been sectioned until the Charlemagne video. I just genuinely rate alot of what he says, certainly not all of it though

I usually disagree with u on here usually but you summed it up perfectly on this. Mainstream culture is total trash. They accept all types of fuckery and scummy behaviour, but anything that really challenges all the preconceptions we comfortably live with, 'no thats too far!!'... that's when the smear campaigns start and of course the gullible masses are quick to jump on any bandwagon before using their own brains. 

1 hour ago, Grafter said:

Assume that was aimed somewhere toward me since i used the word progressive... I have absolutely no concern with the mans wealth or anyones, means nothing to me, not something I really tend to admire in a person. Or following, I simply can't keep up with anything mainstream anymore. If it weren't for vip an two friends I'd be lost

Also can't call myself a ye fan, I've only listened to 3 albums and I didn't even kno he'd been sectioned until the Charlemagne video. I just genuinely rate alot of what he says, certainly not all of it though

What's he said recently that you rate?

32 minutes ago, Trap God said:

What's he said recently that you rate?

His explanation on mental slavery

When he spoke about virgil an thems career decisions and how he felt. His understanding for how he accepts their ambitions outside of his own instead of being bitter. It was progressive for him to ultimately see these moves as something good for Donda

The sheer ambition he has to do things people like to tell him are impossible such as his foray into high fashion...everyone was doggin him before hand but look where he is now...

His ambition to become president. Him just daring to have an voice these seemingly outlandish desires is inspirational to me.

I rate his new ambition with all this land he has bought, as a African American man, this is progressive

I rate his honest self reflection and awareness of his behaviour at least retrospectively which so so many people in every day life dont do. When he articulated how he began to empathise with people who lacked confidence having been through what he went through. 

I rate how he articulated his understanding of the racism he faces

I rate when he says act in love and not in fear, that's progressive thought, certainly in this age

I rated the opinion on harriet tubman on the $20 bill he gave. It is progressive to say that its ok to keep on an on an on talkin about slavery and racism but when it comes to economic empowerment and real wealth u get shut down an laughed out the room. Maybe there is space for both reflection on past heroes/current racism and focus on future economic empowerment but only one is gettin pushed in our faces in this age

I rate that he still has a focus on the murder rate in Chicago

I rate he don't wear brands like that like that

I rate how he spoke about what happened with Nike and his desire for "generational" wealth 

Ultimately I rate his belief in himself, because its not baseless and unfounded. He continually proves his capabilities. I rate that when he sets out to achieve something he goes about doin it. I rate his drive. He is one of few

I just wish he had a set of better people around him

Thats just a some of what I rate

• Like 1

Lol

Half of that is what Charlemagne pushed. And then he agreed

He wasn't able to articulate none of that shit up there, I'm sorry.

If a person as influential as he Is, cannot articulate himself well then shut up.

Why are people jumping up and saying "no he meant it Like that" for a grown man?

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

I think that equates to you being a fan no?

I mean of all the things you said you rate the majority of them directly relate to his craft

BTW I havent watched that interview I’m just talking about his tweets so I’ll watch and we’ll talk

At this point though don’t see it any different to any of the other mentally ill bad bitches on the TL letting their twitter fingers go

Other than the fact that this marketing strategy is pure GENIUS

Possibly the best we’ve seen since the year him and 50 went head to head

Watch it again because I did

And half what I wrote really isn't what Charlamagne (ultimate, regressive badmind) pushed

Charlamagne was more pushin for a bitter response on the virgil sitution. Tellin man they should have stayed with Donda, they could have built with Donda

C didn't push anything on what he was saying on race or harriet tubman, that is beyond his very limited outlook on life

Ye said act in Love, again something beyond Cs realm of understanding because he at least imo is driven by badmind and small minded thought

Ye and his land an what he wants to do with it, that was all him

I implore you to watch it again with an open mind

17 minutes ago, Trap God said:

I think that equates to you being a fan no?

I mean of all the things you said you rate the majority of them directly relate to his craft

BTW I havent watched that interview I’m just talking about his tweets so I’ll watch and we’ll talk

At this point though don’t see it any different to any of the other mentally ill bad bitches on the TL letting their twitter fingers go

Other than the fact that this is a GENIUS marketing strategy

Possibly the best we’ve seen since the year him and 50 went head to head

I didn't rate his craft, I rated his ambition and his thoughts which I felt was clear. I rate his graft. The majority was to do with how he thinks rather than what he actually produces i.e. his craft. 

I dont rate the clothes coming out his fashion house just what he achieved with it

I dont rate everything he says on twitter or a lot of his music since the first two albums and mbdtf. In fact I didnt mention his music once which is his main craft. As I said i can't call myself a fan if i barely follow him. If i was a fan I would have told u I rated majority of his music, his designs, his shoes. I don't. I'm not a devotee or an ardent admirer, I just respect the man

But if you ain watched the real core of what hes been sayin that I rate then this is pretty pointless.

Your choice to dismiss him at the end of the day anyway but it should be valid dismissal

40 minutes ago, Seydou said:

Lol

Half of that is what Charlemagne pushed. And then he agreed

He wasn't able to articulate none of that shit up there, I'm sorry.

If a person as influential as he Is, cannot articulate himself well then shut up.

Why are people jumping up and saying "no he meant it Like that" for a grown man?

I'd actually appreciate it if you could point out what out of what i said Charlemagne articulated for ye 

Lol

I'll have to rewatch it again.

But there's def times where Kanye went on and Charlamagne said, did you mean xyz and Kanye agreeing.

His whole life been collecting bills with slave masters on it but the minute a bill with a former slave fighting for freedom comes up, he has an issue with it?

This dude knows more about Bitcoins than Trumps thinking ?

Master troll. Stop caping for this idiot

So u don't speak on why he has an issue with harriet Tubman on the bill and his clear explanation of his issue?

U just speak on people who are already on the money and aren't up for debate and money u have no choice but to collect...nice sound bite but irrelevant isn't it, this is why he can be deemed a progressive thinker

Charlemagne did what an interviewer does but it was kanyes thoughts and words which came out over the majority of the 1hr45mins

Oh and I'm not caping I'm actually listening to what he has to say and giving fair evaluation rather than dismissing him because mainstream.media dictates to me that I must 

Goodness me

if soulja boy said all this & told us he is an opioid addict who got liposuction like a bad bitch cos ppl were saying he was fat... nobody would be going out their way to intellectualise the stupid ramblings, we just call him a lost coon and keep it moving.

It's like people cant accept this guy is saying foolishness right now.

• Like 6
  • Downvote 1

Ffs. This is why hip hop artists should stick to talking about trapping or bad bitches. Soulja didn't say it did he, if he did it would be massive u turn and ppl would probably question when a simpleton like Soulja got philosophical.. you either cant grasp what Ye is trying to say or ur basing it on throwaway headlines u saw on social media. The best thing for society is keep celebrities as dumbed down as possible, it's what the people want 

• Downvote 1

If soulja boy said everything ye said in that interview I would have exactly the same opinion

I dont judge what a man says based on what people tell me to think about the man

And the lipo suction an subsequent addiction is sad but irrelevant to the words he speaks when he has clarity 

Watch when this man dies, wonder how many people are gna start actin different

• Downvote 2

43 minutes ago, ag. said:

Ffs. This is why hip hop artists should stick to talking about trapping or bad bitches. Soulja didn't say it did he, if he did it would be massive u turn and ppl would probably question when a simpleton like Soulja got philosophical.. you either cant grasp what Ye is trying to say or ur basing it on throwaway headlines u saw on social media. The best thing for society is keep celebrities as dumbed down as possible, it's what the people want 

?

So wait, Kanye can say this but not Souljah boy? Explain that to me.

@Grafter if a non black said that to you, what would you say and he quotes Kanye?

28 minutes ago, Seydou said:

?

So wait, Kanye can say this but not Souljah boy? Explain that to me.

@Grafter if a non black said that to you, what would you say and he quotes Kanye?

Said what to me ? Also ur askin me this left field question without really addressing anything I've said

Think im done with this tbh

Kanye supports trump.. So what. Any presidents of the past where no good too... 

Kanye said this and that. This is nothing new. Look at his clothing range ffs

He's married to a Kardashainan and has kids with it.... That alone speaks all the volumes you need. He lives out in beverley hills etc.. His life perceptions and decisions are clearly influenced by that. 

Why even be mad about what he's saying. There are rappers and saying worse day to day on some self destructive shit and not being checked for it. Nor the record labels and owners that facilitate the circular dunce niggitry behaviour. 

Coonye West says a coon laced statement and peeps lose it. 

I was done with Kanye from the heartbreak 808 album. Never been the same artist since. 

43 minutes ago, Vtec said:

Kanye supports trump.. So what. Any presidents of the past where no good too... 

Kanye said this and that. This is nothing new. Look at his clothing range ffs

He's married to a Kardashainan and has kids with it.... That alone speaks all the volumes you need. He lives out in beverley hills etc.. His life perceptions and decisions are clearly influenced by that. 

Why even be mad about what he's saying. There are rappers and saying worse day to day on some self destructive shit and not being checked for it. Nor the record labels and owners that facilitate the circular dunce niggitry behaviour. 

Coonye West says a coon laced statement and peeps lose it. 

I was done with Kanye from the heartbreak 808 album. Never been the same artist since. 

Coonye. Pmsl

Ye is lost man. When you got Becky at home to add to his issues, the rest is a no  brainer.

Mental health is real 

fuck kanye, fuck anybody that thinks like him and is trying to justify or explain how slavery was a choice

let's not entertain this bullshit, yes by definition what he is saying is true but the options presented to blacks back then was never a choice imo

life of pure struggling, torture, terrorism, rape etc or death is not a choice, are u mad? @Toney Barton sly touched on it when he was talking about survival, the natural want to survive/live/not die isn't a choice, it's what we are all born wanting most of the time regardless of what the situation is. How can wanting live "free" equate to death?

in 2018 most ppl especially black ppl are still slaves, shit has just evolved, the illusion of choice is rife outcha, black people all over the world are still slaves, kanye fucking west himself is still a fucking slave even if he thinks different, only real difference imo is he has more "choices" than the average black or white person (it's the same for most wealthy black ppl)

kanye like other successful black ppl forget who actually put him where they are, it was never the same ppl who he thinks "chose" to be slaves

the nerve of this selfish attention seeking whore

Saying fuck Kanye then agreeing with him in the same paragraph you prat. Wtf is wrong with people? Why are u all so offended by anything Ye says but you tolerate the fucking nonsense culture that 90% of modern hip hop and rap is. Are people intimidated by someone expressing uncommon or polemical thoughts they don't know how to process? 

• Downvote 3

3 hours ago, ag. said:

Saying fuck Kanye then agreeing with him in the same paragraph you prat. Wtf is wrong with people? Why are u all so offended by anything Ye says but you tolerate the fucking nonsense culture that 90% of modern hip hop and rap is. Are people intimidated by someone expressing uncommon or polemical thoughts they don't know how to process? 

please point me to where I agreed with KW u donut, stop reading what you want to fit your thoughts

can't u read? by definition what he said is true but i clearly don't agree with that

acknowledging something is true by definition does not equate to agreeing with that something

• Downvote 1

On 5/3/2018 at 7:54 AM, Elementalism said:

Just got blocked from some shitty group on FB for vaguely cosigning the undertone of his argument, lol.

Picture the scene.

350 years in America, a young West African slave is dragged off a boat somewhere on the south-eastern coast. He looks back and sees bodies , men, women and children being sent onward to the sugar islands of Jamaica and Haiti, some chained, some in the process of being beaten for resistance, some of them employed to do the beating and he bit his lip. 

He didn't forget. He steps off onto the wooden shore of the strange new land and begins a time of painful toil.

Some time passes and this young man is tormented internally by what he has witnessed. In this new space, people are punished for their conservative beliefs, any desire to hold onto past traditions is met with brutal repression, any political whispers are silenced.

He often thought of the men he saw fighting, the ones who jumped. His mind replayed scenes of possible escape over and again. Days passed and the callouses on his hands and back grew thicker. 

One day in the company of another young slave, he whispered four words in the strange new tongue. "Do o' no do.' The other body twitched upward to face him, confused by the riddle. "Do o no do." Both bodies secretly pause, working just enough for the omipresent overseer to notice nothing change.

/

I don't have time to continue, but let's have it right. Slavery, the condition, the experience, involved choices.

What this example in the short piece I wrote highlights is the following:

Black people chose to resist or not.

They chose to snitch on other slaves for inciting shit, or not.

You chose life in bondage or freedom in death.

You chose privilege or punishment.

You chose peace, or you chose violence.

You submitted, or you died trying.

There are many, many more.

/

This is actually a very dangerous and powerful idea for Kanye to present, if you really deep it. If Kanye was a slave on a plantation and dropped that idea, he would either be snitched on and killed for the Master or the Master would die. I'm sure history presented a lot of these moments.

what is dangerous if for racoons like you to even contemplate trying to reason with such a stupid argument. 

this is where Jews are far smarter, they will shut down any debate that is in the context of insulting their history. 

you d*ckhead. trying to intellectualise shit.. its shit and it stinks because its waste. the end. 

btw i chose to call you a d*ckhead for entertaining such nonsense

if you want to support a guy who imagines himself as your slavemaster and far superior to you, thats fine and ok to do that by loving trump. take all the pics you like but do not bring TrumpESQ racist bullshit to justify your support. just support him cos he may have appealed to you more than hillary. leave slavery out of it if you cant respect it.. just stfu and stick to wearing MAGA hats. fucking fassy

• Like 2