Kanye West - "Slavery is a choice."

Supermalt

Just got blocked from some shitty group on FB for vaguely cosigning the undertone of his argument, lol.

Picture the scene.

350 years in America, a young West African slave is dragged off a boat somewhere on the south-eastern coast. He looks back and sees bodies , men, women and children being sent onward to the sugar islands of Jamaica and Haiti, some chained, some in the process of being beaten for resistance, some of them employed to do the beating and he bit his lip. 

He didn't forget. He steps off onto the wooden shore of the strange new land and begins a time of painful toil.

Some time passes and this young man is tormented internally by what he has witnessed. In this new space, people are punished for their conservative beliefs, any desire to hold onto past traditions is met with brutal repression, any political whispers are silenced.

He often thought of the men he saw fighting, the ones who jumped. His mind replayed scenes of possible escape over and again. Days passed and the callouses on his hands and back grew thicker. 

One day in the company of another young slave, he whispered four words in the strange new tongue. "Do o' no do.' The other body twitched upward to face him, confused by the riddle. "Do o no do." Both bodies secretly pause, working just enough for the omipresent overseer to notice nothing change.

/

I don't have time to continue, but let's have it right. Slavery, the condition, the experience, involved choices.

What this example in the short piece I wrote highlights is the following:

Black people chose to resist or not.

They chose to snitch on other slaves for inciting shit, or not.

You chose life in bondage or freedom in death.

You chose privilege or punishment.

You chose peace, or you chose violence.

You submitted, or you died trying.

There are many, many more.

/

This is actually a very dangerous and powerful idea for Kanye to present, if you really deep it. If Kanye was a slave on a plantation and dropped that idea, he would either be snitched on and killed for the Master or the Master would die. I'm sure history presented a lot of these moments.

these rebellions did exisit tho but the power of the daemons was vast - and they had total control

What should have happened was the whole continent waging war on the europeans and collecting thier man back but obviously that didnt happen - everyone stood  silent 

imagine if the whole ocntinent or even western africa built shops on sailed on the europeans to wage war - how different could things have been 

however most were finessed to selling thier enemies/ prisoners and did not know/ see the bigger picture 

..or so we are told 

• Like 2

Bruv Black Americans are salty because all now they're some of the most violently lost in the world but historically their resistance was futile. Global forces had black slaves fighting for the South and the North. 

Haiti got its freedom only to be fucked by the vast powers you speak of and other factors. 

Jamaica fought for it with Nanny and the Maroons, gained independence and lost it to Cold War forces. 

Jamaicans and Haitians were some of the most thorough bred resistance fighters. 

But the point is, even now, slavery is a choice. 

5 minutes ago, Elementalism said:

Bruv Black Americans are salty because all now they're some of the most violently lost in the world but historically their resistance was futile. Global forces had black slaves fighting for the South and the North. 

Haiti got its freedom only to be fucked by the vast powers you speak of and other factors. 

Jamaica fought for it with Nanny and the Maroons, gained independence and lost it to Cold War forces. 

Jamaicans and Haitians were some of the most thorough bred resistance fighters. 

But the point is, even now, slavery is a choice. 

real 

esspecially the hatians 

them man did not have it ATOR 

needs to be a film made about them guys 

seems they have been punished for never being conquered 

Slavery was a choice in the same way nourishment is a choice.

When the only other alternative is death it would be more accurately described as instinct.

It is the natural behaviour of every single organism to fight for survival, even if that fight doesn't occur externally.

Good point tony

If there wasnt internal fight would African americans even exist at all today?

Had segregation continued would we still have the same view of African Americans now (given the monumental economic success achieved by AAs during segregation)

La luta continua

Ive said in here and i will say it again

You lefties cannot tolerate freedom of thought. You just cant and people are fighting against your attempts to control narratives by getting offended and using it as a stratagy to shut down thinking. Its boring.Its pathetic and we need people like Kanye to break this sick mental pattern we see over and over again.

People know you cant reason with this so we let you continue to do it.........UNTIL PEOPLE START TO BREAK and kanye is proof of this. 

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Don Crack said:

Ive said in here and i will say it again

You lefties cannot tolerate freedom of thought. You just cant and people are fighting against your attempts to control narratives by getting offended and using it as a stratagy to shut down thinking. Its boring.Its pathetic and we need people like Kanye to break this sick mental pattern we see over and over again.

People know you cant reason with this so we let you continue to do it.........UNTIL PEOPLE START TO BREAK and kanye is proof of this. 

Who the fuck are you actually talking to?

You weirdos and your strawmen.

Kanye has openly said he was addicted to opioids which is a drug that comes with harsh side effects. People have clearly chosen to ignore this and the consequences of a black mans mental well being. Ok, so youwant to pretend that doesnt exist. Now push a narrative on top of this to create your illusion which only causes division because you refused to address the causative factor which Kanye clearly brought up. But there is something in humans that are not willing to compute this. They want to push their own narratives and agendas. Kanye s just saying hes sick of the bullshit. Your not willing to listen so you gonna have to feel it....and you did... from someone hurting...

3 hours ago, Grafter said:

He did buttt the holocaust didn't last as long as slavery, not nearly and they have Israel...

/

Like someone said before, people love to feel outrage, love to moan

Even when he speaks clear sense, they wanna hold on to the offence. I just don't understand it...its cool to be offended?

its not cool people are just so fake and insincere. Literally have to stop myself ranting on socials so as not to offend ppl i know. literally the majority of what Ye has been saying since he resurfaced is positive and progressive shit, but cunts are too mongy or fake to react honestly. Is it any wonder billionaires like Zuckerberg n that have such a low opinion of the 'masses'

Slaves had a choice is reductive and nonsensical but the whole slavery narrative the mainstream push is historically inaccurate anyway. Atm they frame it as 'evil white man came to africa and took the black man to americas the end' when the reality was much more complex and the current 'good guy/bad guy' narrative only appeals to SJWs who would rather ignore parts of history they dislike.

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, ag. said:

Slaves had a choice is reductive and nonsensical but the whole slavery narrative the mainstream push is historically inaccurate anyway. Atm they frame it as 'evil white man came to africa and took the black man to americas the end' when the reality was much more complex and the current 'good guy/bad guy' narrative only appeals to SJWs who would rather ignore parts of history they dislike.

Are you gonna tell us why or you gonna do your usual and post a paragraph about how long it would take you to tell us and run away with your tail between your legs?

• Like 1

Just now, Thizz said:

Are you gonna tell us why or you gonna do your usual and post a paragraph about how long it would take you to tell us and run away with your tail between your legs?

You faggotcunt Im busy and i would need to type out essays for a lot of shit i write coz unlike Kanye I have historical research and my own inner analysis of said research to draw on

• Downvote 6