Life Hacks

On 10/05/2018 at 6:09 AM, dub said:

Revolut or Transferwise if you want a decent card to pay in any currency.

N26 if you want to easily open a German bank account. 

Bunq if you want to easily open a Dutch bank account.

fucks sake

excited then

still slightly useful

any way for non-europeans to get a euro account through these fancy sites

1 hour ago, local said:

fucks sake

excited then

still slightly useful

any way for non-europeans to get a euro account through these fancy sites

Have you tried? N26 requires an address in one of their launched (EUR) countries but I think the other 3 don't have such restrictions.

5 hours ago, dub said:

Have you tried? N26 requires an address in one of their launched (EUR) countries but I think the other 3 don't have such restrictions.

of course

need to reside in the EEA n already use transferwise - just a transfer thing init

mugs game

• 1 month later...

Spotify £1.84 / Spotify Family £2.82 per month (Via Philippines VPN) Guide @ Spotify

Lot of people looking for a cheaper Spotify option. If you have a VPN that has servers in the Phillipines, you are in luck!

Beware, this is a bit of a process, so definitely not for the faint of heart, but worth doing for the savvy spenders amongst you!

You'll need a VPN for this, we have loads to choose from in our mega-thread HERE

Many thanks to @Kigo1 for his brilliant thread, which is very much the basis for this one.

Prices:
Spotify (1 User) = ₱129 p/m
Spotify Family (6 Users) = ₱194 p/m

Prerequesites:
- A Philippine VPN (ExpressVPN App for iOS/Android, 7 Day Free Trial)
- An active PayPal account
- (OPTIONAL, doesn't always work without...) A credit/debit card currently not linked to a PayPal account (you can unlink your card from your primary account temporarily) with low/no exchange fees (Revolut is currently free to use, but mixed results with this)

Creating a Philippine PayPal Account:

• Start your Philippine VPN
  • Go to the PH PayPal Page (https://www.paypal.com/ph/webapps/mpp/home)
  • Create an account (Phone number and Passport ID do not matter, just enter something, google for a valid address)
  • Skip adding a card
  • Login into your real PayPal and send your PayPal PH sufficient funds to pay for a 1 month payment via PayPal Friends
  • Log back into your PayPal PH
  • Add a credit/debit card
  • (Optional - should work without, but may be required) verify it (The verification payment will be refunded by PayPal)
  • DONE!

Transferring/Creating a Philippine Spotify Account
  • Login to your Spotify account here (https://www.spotify.com/ph/)
  • Click on Profile -> Account -> Edit Profile - you should be able to choose Philippines as a drop down option under Country
  • DONE! -Note: you have to do this for every account that joins the family plan

Buying Spotify Premium
  • Login to your Spotify
  • Find the Try Premium Free somewhere on the page, or was it in account???
  • Pay with your PH PayPal account, the money will be deducted off your Card
  • DONE! - When adding the first person to your family account make sure you remember the address you entered, otherwise nobody will be able to join your family.

Transferring account to UK

This is the bit that can be even more difficult, as Spotify do not normally allow this.

First, sign in with the account you want to move. There you activate the Spotify family subscription by clicking on "Premium for Familiy" on the left side.

Now you are redirected to a new page, where you click on "Get started".

Then you choose "Start my Premium for Family" and confirm this. Then you will be directed to the confirmation page. Now you have a Filipino Spotify account with family subscription.

After you have turned on the family option you switch to the point "Subscription" and click there on the payment method on "Update". There you choose PayPal and click on "Change Payment details". Now you sign up with your UK PayPal account.

After successfully signing up with Paypal UK, Spotify will show you that your country does not fit. There you click on the white, underlined text "Switch to UK".

Exclusively you will be redirected to the Spotify site. But this time you have UK payment methods to choose from, such as Balance / Card. Now you click again under PayPal on "Change Payment details" and sign up again with your UK PayPal. After the registration is successful and you have confirmed it with PayPal you should be redirected to the Spotify site. Now the price in GBP is already on this page. That means we are almost done.

Now click on the green button "Change or Cancel" and select "Cancel Premium" and then "Yes, cancel". Now you go back to "Account Overview" and click on "Get Premium" and then on "Renew Now". Then click on "Change or Cancel" -> "Cancel Premium" -> "Yes, cancel."

If you click on "Get Premium" -> "Renew Now" again under "Account Overview" you should see an error in a red banner. If you get it, you've made it.

Now you sign up again. On the account overview is now under Country / Country GB. Your account should now been moved to UK Spotify

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/spotify-184-spotify-family-282-per-month-via-philippines-vpn-guide-spotify-2962255

• Like 1

I used ExpressVPN for a month last year I am pretty sure they had servers in the philippines 

https://www.expressvpn.com/

Thanks I will take this up I'm a cheap c*nt just jumped on this spotify wave and I am currently on the £1.00 a month for 3 months introduction. Once that has done will set it up another e-mail and and debit card a redo the same thing but this offer makes me think I shall do that instead.