Semi Finals (& 3rd place match)

Admin.

We fluked it to the semis with an easy path Its the same old England nothing's changed crumble against a half decent opponent.  Nothing to be proud about can't be celebrating mediocrity that mentality has to change. If Southgate is knighted that would be a fucking joke. It was good to gas ourselves with all the feel good stuff for the past 7 days but deep down we all know we are not really that good. Hopefully the next generation who actually have been winning tournaments  can be the real change. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, The Somalian said:

We fluked it to the semis with an easy path Its the same old England nothing's changed crumble against a half decent opponent.  Nothing to be proud about can't be celebrating mediocrity that mentality has to change. If Southgate is knighted that would be a fucking joke. It was good to gas ourselves with all the feel good stuff for the past 7 days but deep down we all know we are not really that good. Hopefully the next generation who actually have been winning tournaments  can be the real change. 

!!!!!!

There was so much Typical England shit.

They could of won that game and had it wrapped up by half time and they didnt.

Croatia was very dusty first half. Sloppy...midfield had no room ator to do anything. These times Sterling was on with Lingard and Kane...they didnt push hard enough on the defence. Young should of got subbed sooner.

As soon as the second half started England was done. Croatia had space in the middle of the park to play the football that suits them and England allowed it and sat back. Henderson doesnt offer anything offensively but he is receiving the ball too much in the middle and tryna hit the ball over the top badly. When Croatia clocked Trippier was the problem, they stopped putting the ball down his side and played it down the flank with Young who struggled. In return, this gave them more width to swing crosses in and make the formation lop sided freeing up Modric a bit more.

Loftus-Cheek in the middle or someone with a better passing range knocking balls into the space between subasic and the back 4 with either the progressing fullbacks or the pacey dons (sterling, lingard) to retreive it could of gave them more opportunities. If Hendo was better bringing the ball forward, I dont think Kane would of had to keep dropping. Dele was shit..he's meant to be the guy between and he was ghost and did not offer anything.

4 hours ago, The Infamous said:

was working at bst lol i was gutted when perisic scored that

poor from walker,rashford,alli,young

varsjalko and lovren dominated england in the second half. bad move taking off sterling 

Fuck blaming the blacks. Kane was shit, hendo was shit and dier was shit.

Admittingly, young was shit when they clocked to run riot down his side. That's when this 5 at the back needed to be changed to 4 at the back with a winger providing support or put rose on earlier.

Souness with some truth

'I want to emphasise the midfield,' Souness said after the game. 'You can't win the big trophies, you can't dominate football matches, you can't put yourself in a position where you are not giving the ball away unless you've got good players in midfield who can keep the ball.

'I come back to Lingard and Dele Alli – two players who want to get on the end of things after there has been clever play by somebody else.

'They don't want to get involved in keeping the ball and dominating possession.'

'The make-up of the team was all wrong tonight,' he added. 'When they come up against a decent team, I think it's inevitable that they were going to struggle tonight.

'Let me explain. They played the worst team in the tournament in Panama. They played, along with Saudi Arabia, probably the second worst team in the tournament, Tunisia.

'Put a line through the Belgium game, that doesn't count.

'Then they play Colombia and in the second half, Colombia were much better than them. England came back in extra time but only after a Colombia player hit the crossbar.

'They get through on penalties. Then they play a team in Sweden who were in awe of England. Both played a similar sort of game; long ball and feed off the bits.

'Tonight is the first time, other than the Belgium game, that they have come up against a team who wants to pop it around and keep possession - and they really, really were shown up for being a back-to-front team playing very basic football.' 

'Harry Kane never got a kick tonight. Prior to tonight, he had five shots on target in all the games,' he added.

'Harry Kane does not get shots on target because nobody is passing him any quality passes.

'He's not getting any supply. Harry Kane will come back from that with the Golden Boot, but I don't know the boy he might be happy, but Harry Kane will not be happy playing in that style of football.'

• Like 1

Souness spot on. We had zero link players.