Racial Ambiguity

CurryMan

2 hours ago, SLEAZE BALL said:

This concept was created by western colonialists

It’s one of the cornerstones of white supremacist racist ideology

I don’t think “black” people should be subscribing to this rhetoric

Yes I understand that it sets "whites" as the standard

I don't subscribe to these race labels based on colour but i use them for ease of description. And by the racist definitions/given that she has described herself using this terms that is what she is.

• Upvote 1

On 10/6/2018 at 5:09 PM, dayomesaydayo said:

@local   @Thizz  Whats you mans opinions on this? 

it will take a silly white man to make claims such as that. its like a man saying theres only a tiny amount of sexual harassment of women in the workplace.

the experts on racism are those who experience it. 

has a white man ever experienced racism tho?

has a white female ever experienced racism?

have asians? YESSS....

have afro caribbeans? YES.....

have other ethnicities...... welll ermm.... yes....

i really dont understand why this never ending debate is so difficult to comprehend - i actually dont

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, underwriter said:

has a white man ever experienced racism tho?

has a white female ever experienced racism?

have asians? YESSS....

have afro caribbeans? YES.....

have other ethnicities...... welll ermm.... yes....

i really dont understand why this never ending debate is so difficult to comprehend - i actually don't

Because a lot of white people don't believe western society (or at least their own western country) is institutionally racist.

They think racism is just an act that is communicated from one person to another.

Therefore anyone can produce or receive it.

so when we say you can't talk your white, they think that we are actually saying: you are white so you have never received negativity from another person due to your ethnicity

when what we are actually saying is: This country has various rules, systems and institutions that benefit you because you're white and disadvantage me because i'm not. The impact this has and the extent of that impact is something you in this country have never felt or maybe never even seen. So really who are you to talk about the subject with any kind of authority?

but sadly even when they do hear the second part a lot of people would rather believe you're just being dramatic/making excuses.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, o-guy said:

Because a lot of white people don't believe western society (or at least their own western country) is institutionally racist.

They think racism is just an act that is communicated from one person to another.

Therefore anyone can produce or receive it.

so when we say you can't talk your white, they think that we are actually saying: you are white so you have never received negativity from another person due to your ethnicity

when what we are actually saying is: This country has various rules, systems and institutions that benefit you because you're white and disadvantage me because i'm not. The impact this has and the extent of that impact is something you in this country have never felt or maybe never even seen. So really who are you to talk about the subject with any kind of authority?

but sadly even when they do hear the second part a lot of people would rather believe you're just being dramatic/making excuses.

Systematic racism/white privilege etc are all good ideas and very real. But theres too many brain dead sociology graduates who throw these terms around with no understanding of nuance or even basic hypocrisy, and then it filters down thru social media to all the people who have never even opened a humanities text book or academic study focused on race and power and society. they just regurgitate what some SJW retard on their timeline said...

29 minutes ago, Badman said:

White people experience racism too

Of course they do. But they don't experience the type of institutional country wide racism I'm talking about.

which was what the girl in that video was essentially trying to say.

10 minutes ago, ag. said:

Systematic racism/white privilege etc are all good ideas and very real. But theres too many brain dead sociology graduates who throw these terms around with no understanding of nuance or even basic hypocrisy, and then it filters down thru social media to all the people who have never even opened a humanities text book or academic study focused on race and power and society. they just regurgitate what some SJW retard on their timeline said...

Is that what you think of the Asian girl in the video?

1 hour ago, o-guy said:

Is that what you think of the Asian girl in the video?

Partly tbf but i was mainly referring to the brain dead twitter influencers... regards Asians, imo they have legitimate rights to complain about racism they experience, but they need to stop acting like their own homelands aren't much worse than England is... it is an objective fact that countries like Pakistan and India are much more openly racist to Black people than England. So when blacks wanna make some coalition with Asians they better not forget that fact

I feel like you just basically said her countries worst so she shouldn't have an opinion

the topic is concerning a country she lives in (or at least born in judging from her accent), and as such she would be impacted by the type of racism i'm talking about, so I don't really get why you feel her opinion wasn't justified. 

but I don't really get what anything you just said has to do with addressing this country's racism. Which was the topic. 

tbh I feel you kind of took it to a negative place for no reason.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, ag. said:

sounds like you're regurgitating like that LBC rent a Muslim Majeed. 

white people dont experience institutional racism in the UK. they experience some prejudice from different sections of society (mainly fellow white sections), and isolated incidences of hatred or crime for reasons similar to everyone else in the country. 

12 hours ago, ag. said:

Partly tbf but i was mainly referring to the brain dead twitter influencers... regards Asians, imo they have legitimate rights to complain about racism they experience, but they need to stop acting like their own homelands aren't much worse than England is... it is an objective fact that countries like Pakistan and India are much more openly racist to Black people than England. So when blacks wanna make some coalition with Asians they better not forget that fact

secondly, perhaps people like you need to make up your mind if you want Asians as you call them to be ever accepted in the UK as fully fledged bonafide citizens, or are just guests who should STFU and pay their taxes and not complain about any situation as they should just accept the norm and not push for anything to improve. and should rather go to live in countries of their parental heritage where most have never actually been to. d*ckhead

what many people including the apologists for whitey have failed to at least understand is what racism even means, i.e. break down the word itself. anything with the suffix of ISM denotes a condition, an active state, doctrine or theory, or process..therefore the whole concept of RACEism is an active condition /theory based on race, and the classification of race by westerners was necessary to carry out their daemony over the last 500 years. agreed they are not the first people in history to have carried out such racial classifications that are only meant to justify their evil, but as they are the dominant influence in the world today this theory is how they got there and is still active. in Asian and African countries, the same classifications and subsequent acts that lead to persistent oppression of others exists as tribalism. 

we seem to use "institutionally" racist to subscribe to their own terms as if the racism experienced by minorities only comes from institutions, I guess these institutions were or are run by robots and not humans. anything to deflect 'the white person' as an individual who is inherently racist is what they will continue to do. but will be quick to describe others as a whole group in whatever demeaning manner they see fit when it suits them. 

a policeman is not racist because the met police as an institution is racist, the met police as an institution is racist because it is full of racist individuals. as is justice, legal, law and health etc.