They did it again: Jamie Oliver's Jerk Rice

dub

8 minutes ago, Grafter said:

all this hoohah over some chicken and rice 

apparently chicken tikka masala was not a indiian dish - it was created for a british market 

same thing with a large collection of chinese dishes 

imagine if the nation was in love with this microwaveable jerk rice and then started to attend carrib shop in search of the same thing - surely the benefit would be to create 'jerk rice' to supply the demand 

havent seen italians up in arms about pizza being sold all other the globe 

you can get a dusty pizza from asda but when you want real pizza you know where to go 

blacks lets conccentrate  on more important things then chicken and rice 

• Upvote 2

I am personally not a fan on this snobbish, purist viewpoint that a particular type of food or dish has to stay within a particular culture, that makes no sense to me

The whole thing is toxic and unprogressive 

Also the connotations surrounding the word cultural appropriation needs revising as its currently being used in a very toxic way by frustrated keyboard warriors on the same irk as the whole #meetoo and ultra feminist movements and further adds to the dehumanisation of the human race 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Drift said:

Obviously there's no way to fully protect your food, but notice the knock offs you're mentioning are all shitty supermarket brands/bossman that people know are dead. Even the halloumi knock-off faze mentioned was a bunch of refugees.

This is Jamie fucking Oliver marching in and hijacking the ting.

Also protection acts will help protect exports from the country of origin.

Jamaica is property of the Queen still.

So by rights he's flexing under guarantee of sovereignty of English ownership of Jamaica and whatever it's former slaves create he/English Wypippo can take and use as own.

We don't own shit. 

2 hours ago, JOHN DOE said:

nah drift ice was trolling with that post and he succesfully done it 

about protect your food you kno 

what about kebab - can buy some shit kebab from the chicken shop if i really wanted to 

can even get frozen kebab from iceland if im living that bummy nora batty life

jerk is worldwide known as a jamaican thing 

peri peri has been mimicked everywhere again - look at the nearest chicken shop 

ironically enough you can get peri peri microwave rice 

Only thing Dusty is ur knee caps u sex offender 

• Upvote 1

wasnt trolling still

/

all those things like doner and tikka etc... all started by immigrants of the original country for a western tongue... these are not foods of the country

11 hours ago, Vtec said:

Jamaica is property of the Queen still.

So by rights he's flexing under guarantee of sovereignty of English ownership of Jamaica and whatever it's former slaves create he/English Wypippo can take and use as own.

We don't own shit. 

That's got nothing to do with it, food is a globally transferable substance and always had been, ex slave or not, people can be upset they had not created their own franchise but really they need to accept they just got high instead. It's a choice each individual makes

On 8/20/2018 at 4:55 PM, JOHN DOE said:

black people making noise baout nonsense again 

there are chinse food instant meals such as these 

there are asian , italian etc etc 

instead of realising that this product will prob introduce carrib food to a wider market they accuse the man of culture appropriation 

if you want the legit ting then dont buy it 

sometimes i do wonder...

name the chinese or indian meals that have been approriated please

3 minutes ago, JOHN DOE said:

SGN0758.jpgLN_038034_BP_4.jpg

that's not appropriated, thats recreated .... theres also microwavable Jollof rice, or rice and peas.. no one was up in arms about that. as much as i think its a silly petty debate. but ive always preferred gordon ramsay..

5 minutes ago, VENOM said:

that's not appropriated, thats recreated .... theres also microwavable Jollof rice, or rice and peas.. no one was up in arms about that. as much as i think its a silly petty debate. but ive always preferred gordon ramsay..

pmsl thats the same thing 

chinese style rice isnt an appropriation, and there is pilau rice. 

chinese style rice is instead a bastardisation of the word.. it means nothing, except that they used redish oil and claim its stir fried in red chillies. the reality is that theres hundreds of chinese style rice recipes, Pilau rice is pilau rice. 

Jerk rice is a brand new creation, i personally dont see anything wrong with it.