What's the plan for preserving VIP2?

Elementalism

Just saying - I've noticed a few of my favourite sites and forums have just disappeared. From RWD to now it's a cool little community and we've produced some decent content collectively. Would be sad to see it go. I'm kinda surprised that it's still going. I think this is partly inspired by seeing the Gwarizm.com blog run by the late Gary Warnett disappear after his passing last year.

Who actually owns VIP2? I have some vague memories of there being a sticker campaign to promote it after RWD shut down.

What's the angle with running it, since it can't make much money? We're a bit of an enigma in these modern times of Facebook and 2.0 social media.

Im still being informed by this forum on various current affairs

I don't use Twitter or insta effectively to be able to stay up to date

If not for vip an two family members (now 1) I'd be in more of a bubble than I already am

Yet still this is a bubble

I think the best strategy would have been to keep the active users on here active and to try and keep some women on here

Think this place took a few wrong turns but alas it is what it is now we have a space where faceless men feel comfortable trading insults with total strangers

/

I wonder what became of sheg and nam

2 hours ago, Elementalism said:

Who owns it and as I said what is the plan to maintain it? We should all donate for hosting IMO, rather than leave it on the shoulders of an admin or team that could decide to sack it off.

The forum isn't dead, I've seen dead forums. 

I also think a recruitment drive from other forums is possible.

Lol what this forum is, is definitely nothing more than a forum. 

This strategy is simple and the reason why it’s still ‘running’

All this talk about recruitment, front page, advertising etc is completely dead in the water 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This site still gets well over a thousand hits a day, long cry for the 10s of thousands it used to get tho. 2009-2011 was the time to take advantage of that.

31 minutes ago, Mr. Martinez said:

Yea the forum isn't dead. 

The format is. 

The fact there's still somewhat of an active community on here is impressive in its own right. 

I was a member of many niche forums. They're all truly dead. 

I would argue that its the opposite and the exact reason why its still going today

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I like it and admire it's tenacity, it's a piece of shit now  relatively but at least we know at one stage it was a popcorn institution. May not be a piece of history to many, but to the some. Although No one managed to turn it into some great institution, I'm sure many graduated from vip2 to have their individual success in fields such as success, parenthood, black twitter etc. As was naturally going to happen.

Guys cry about the lack of females but Let's face it, there used to be a great ensemble cast of about 100 'faceless' characters such as myself and all the other witty maverick geniuses or interesting content providers which naturally dwindled to leave the 'were just such existing people cos we text each other brigade?'  It's a skeleton crew now and fair play troopers keeping it going but in the glory days I can't even name names there were too many great posters and we had a laugh with it, without worrying about the fascism of blue tick authentication that most remnoids now obsess over for relentless self gratification

For those interested i have been working on Vip2 the Motion picture and have got as far as the working title concept which in itself is a copyrighted pitchable concept so if you real people can collaborate and get something done in the absence of any entertaining postings then just go ahead and cut me 10 of the gross,  but the alternative is as has been mentioned just remember the good times and if that's not enough then take a role in causing future good times. Up to you.

But also it was a different time, 2000s it was a different era, the rise of grime, rise of internet, we were on the come up and on the grind. difficult to recreate that specific energy but so often when we ask what went wrong the answer can come from within. Flowers grow from where previously only dust was situated. Be the change you want to see, don't pray to ghosts to do your homework, you will be left floundering in a sea of excuses

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, yhfam said:

I’ve been on here way longer than you think son

Probaly joined around the time there another forum called 2sg? If I remember correctly 

/

dc++ days

I group you into the John doe/ imhim/ tranny scenes/freshy/ex church/post grime conglomerate, as a username, just cognitive association, I accept that I may be wrong but it doesn't really fit my narrative 

• Upvote 4
  • Like 2