GRM Daily Rated Awards LIVE 2018

Restrictive

56 minutes ago, ag. said:

I was pissed for Young Spray till the full events where gradually revealed. Typical mindless and completely pointless shit that makes you wonder wtf is wrong with some people’s brains. Overgrown children. 

The full events haven't been revealed and what you heard on them voice notes aren't facts. 

39 minutes ago, Admin. said:

Nothing wrong with reporting the incident and stating/discussing the facts... this is news.

Speculating on what you think happened and why based on guesses and internet rumors on the other hand...

pmsl 

tune into sky news, cnn , fox news etc and you will see exactly what you just described on your second line 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 3

I don't see what the problem is

The bottom line is these petty gang beefs are quite interesting to watch unfold. Voyeur or not no fucks given, this shit is happening & it's hard to ignore

Who remembers that londonstreetgangs website/blog, had TONS of detailed info on there till it got shut down. Now all of this kind of info is all over youtube comments instead

8 minutes ago, JOHN DOE said:

pmsl 

tune into sky news, cnn , fox news etc and you will see exactly what you just described on your second line 

and thats exactly why there is so much misinformation in this world paraded as facts.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, zoot said:

I don't see what the problem is

The bottom line is these petty gang beefs are quite interesting to watch unfold. Voyeur or not no fucks given, this shit is happening & it's hard to ignore

Who remembers that londonstreetgangs website/blog, had TONS of detailed info on there till it got shut down. Now all of this kind of info is all over youtube comments instead

Funnily enough the LSG guy used to come on here, he actually messaged me a few years back asking for an essay I wrote.

4c4386fd6214d2a41ef96858ce9f8b3d.png

I wonder who the gang member with the rich parents and the libel lawyers was. The blog is still up - he's also aware of the fuckery that this forum is capable of producing.

bf2697b20d833d4140113bf5209ab3c4.png

i just find it mad that certain ppl like @SLEAZE BALL @Grafter have issues with how this situation is being talked about

shit like this happens all the time for whatever reason therefore so fucking what if they/we don't know the intricate details? does it change the fact that a self proclaimed gangster got fucked up, dipped, rushed? no

mental illness is rife amongst us black ppl and this is another long list of proof that many of us ain't right

i don't get this coz you weren't there or know what really happens you can't talk about a situation :/

this should not be happening period regardless of the cause especially at a up coming black ceremony but equally let's not act like all those that have been implicated are fucking angels, most these "road" artists and their ppl's are neck deep in dirt (self incriminated)

i actually feel sorry for the likes of young spray, giggs and all the other 25+ to 40 year olds in the scene doing music and road shit who are clearly talented yet can't stop moving in and around fuckery, wtf do you think is going to happen?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Incumbent said:

i just find it mad that certain ppl like @SLEAZE BALL @Grafter have issues with how this situation is being talked about

shit like this happens all the time for whatever reason therefore so fucking what if they/we don't know the intricate details? does it change the fact that a self proclaimed gangster got fucked up, dipped, rushed? no

mental illness is rife amongst us black ppl and this is another long list of proof that many of us ain't right

i don't get this coz you weren't there or know what really happens you can't talk about a situation :/

this should not be happening period regardless of the cause especially at a up coming black ceremony but equally let's not act like all those that have been implicated are fucking angels, most these "road" artists and their ppl's are neck deep in dirt (self incriminated)

i actually feel sorry for the likes of young spray, giggs and all the other 25+ to 40 year olds in the scene doing music and road shit who are clearly talented yet can't stop moving in and around fuckery, wtf do you think is going to happen?

Big up yourself bro because that's all reality. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Incumbent said:

Spray is clearly a very damaged man. I am a big fan of the guy’s music in spite of it all. I posted a video in this forum of Spray doing a talk with some black elders in attendance and he was moving so immature it was embarrassing. Without music he would be just another roadman destined for prison/crack addiction and/or an early death. But the African Americans and Jamaicans in conjuction with Jewish record label financiers spread their destructive celebration of these outlaw scumbags and now in 2018 here we are...??

Let's be REAL.

GRMDaily won't talk about it because they are a BUSINESS and BRAND.

LinkUpTV won't talk about it because they are a BUSINESS and BRAND. Same for SB.TV, Pacman, PressPlay, (who has already quit), FinesseForeva etc.

Westwood won't talk. Charlie Sloth neither, both make too much money and are shook.

Mr Montgomery, KingMG, etc. won't talk because they're shook and they want to advance in this growing industry without stepping on toes.

The fans won't speak because they're entertained/shook.

Who actually talks about it? Given the platforms themselves have a conflict of interests, all the journalism is completely subjective and scene-centric..Apart from certain Youtube chatters and Twitter users? Those oh-so-neutral Daily Mail journalists?

We are relying on millenial kids who largely drop out of compulsory education, to be this generations' poets. Mentally ill ones who will shoot or stab someone just to write a shitty rhyming couplet about it, who know nothing of the history of their estate, city, or country, their culture or politics the wider world.

We are relying on startup media businesses to have a keen sense of social responsibility. Given that these business often have no issue promoting socially destructive content and the creators, the baseline is already low.

To be honest, someone needs to spend time capturing and documenting this scene before it gets whitewashed. There is so much that has just vanished. The old RapCity channel was the first to get completely wiped, also the southbitz Youtube channel - both had hundreds of videos. People talking about the met clamping down on drill channels on Youtube have a short memory, it's nothing new. There were a few cases that made it to court that meant SB.TV had to remove videos also.

For me, seeing LinkupTV try to pull down the Incognito interview where he acknowledged that drill had a part to play in violence was insightful. It was down for a few days before it went back up, mainly because it was such a glaringly obvious removal and the BBC had already caught it.

We need more authors and less narcissistic podcasters. More people saying 'let's discuss' and less silencing of opinion.

All of these guys are to blame if they aren't prepared to analyse and critique their own culture. Any fuckery can be planted into it and nobody will be allowed to say shit about it until the damage has been done. It's already happened with the importation of drill. Listen to the content of rappers these days and compare it with street rap groups from the turn of the millenium and you'll see exactly whagwan. The ting has been dumbed down massively. 

You lot do realize that it's quite  possible that this has been socially engineered in the same way the East Coast/West Coast beef was.. If you believe this version, the US government was able to manipulate the death of two icons of rap through the use of well-placed informants (and extortionists) in a fledgling urban music and COINTELPRO tactics. One of those alleged informants/extortionists, is overseas running business in the DR without a care in the world, occasionally posing with your favourite rappers. The other is in jail for life.

I got thinking about it after noticing the parallels between Young Spray (with his political heritage in Dominica) and Shyne (and his political heritage in Belize). Not directly comparable in every sense of course, but both were certainly drawn to the same street culture after leaving their home countries at a young age. Both experienced violence early in life and grew up in single-parent households with absent, yet prestigious fathers. I won't draw all the links for you but just THINK. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ag. said:

Spray is clearly a very damaged man. I am a big fan of the guy’s music in spite of it all. I posted a video in this forum of Spray doing a talk with some black elders in attendance and he was moving so immature it was embarrassing. Without music he would be just another roadman destined for prison/crack addiction and/or an early death. But the African Americans and Jamaicans in conjuction with Jewish record label financiers spread their destructive celebration of these outlaw scumbags and now in 2018 here we are...??

couldn't agree more and i saw that video and i couldn't help but smh during it

shit is sad and clear as day

This voyuerism thing does upset me, but only because i've experienced it in real life. I hope the day (and that this day never comes) that I've been hurt or in the process of being hurt that someone isn't filming it. I broke up a fight outside a pub and nearly had to scuff it out with the geezer who had just knocked someone out and was battering him while he was unconcious. Some girl I was with moved away and started recording it, I had to shout at her not to record it.

Peoples brains are fuckeries that this is the first place they go rather than helping a motherfucker out. I don't recommend being a martyr generally historically its ended with me getting hurt but as much as I'm not going to let injustice or fuckeries happen in front of my face I'm equally not going to let someone film it,.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Elementalism said:

Let's be REAL.

GRMDaily won't talk about it because they are a BUSINESS and BRAND.

LinkUpTV won't talk about it because they are a BUSINESS and BRAND. Same for SB.TV, Pacman, PressPlay, (who has already quit), FinesseForeva etc.

Westwood won't talk. Charlie Sloth neither, both make too much money and are shook.

Mr Montgomery, KingMG, etc. won't talk because they're shook and they want to advance in this growing industry without stepping on toes.

The fans won't speak because they're entertained/shook.

Who actually talks about it? Given the platforms themselves have a conflict of interests, all the journalism is completely subjective and scene-centric..Apart from certain Youtube chatters and Twitter users? Those oh-so-neutral Daily Mail journalists?

We are relying on millenial kids who largely drop out of compulsory education, to be this generations' poets. Mentally ill ones who will shoot or stab someone just to write a shitty rhyming couplet about it, who know nothing of the history of their estate, city, or country, their culture or politics the wider world.

We are relying on startup media businesses to have a keen sense of social responsibility. Given that these business often have no issue promoting socially destructive content and the creators, the baseline is already low.

To be honest, someone needs to spend time capturing and documenting this scene before it gets whitewashed. There is so much that has just vanished. The old RapCity channel was the first to get completely wiped, also the southbitz Youtube channel - both had hundreds of videos. People talking about the met clamping down on drill channels on Youtube have a short memory, it's nothing new. There were a few cases that made it to court that meant SB.TV had to remove videos also.

For me, seeing LinkupTV try to pull down the Incognito interview where he acknowledged that drill had a part to play in violence was insightful. It was down for a few days before it went back up, mainly because it was such a glaringly obvious removal and the BBC had already caught it.

We need more authors and less narcissistic podcasters. More people saying 'let's discuss' and less silencing of opinion.

All of these guys are to blame if they aren't prepared to analyse and critique their own culture. Any fuckery can be planted into it and nobody will be allowed to say shit about it until the damage has been done. It's already happened with the importation of drill. Listen to the content of rappers these days and compare it with street rap groups from the turn of the millenium and you'll see exactly whagwan. The ting has been dumbed down massively. 

You lot do realize that it's quite  possible that this has been socially engineered in the same way the East Coast/West Coast beef was.. If you believe this version, the US government was able to manipulate the death of two icons of rap through the use of well-placed informants (and extortionists) in a fledgling urban music and COINTELPRO tactics. One of those alleged informants/extortionists, is overseas running business in the DR without a care in the world, occasionally posing with your favourite rappers. The other is in jail for life.

I got thinking about it after noticing the parallels between Young Spray (with his political heritage in Dominica) and Shyne (and his political heritage in Belize). Not directly comparable in every sense of course, but both were certainly drawn to the same street culture after leaving their home countries at a young age. Both experienced violence early in life and grew up in single-parent households with absent, yet prestigious fathers. I won't draw all the links for you but just THINK. 

My brudda go outside and enjoy real life

iam all for the voyerisism etc but these long over anyalzed lengthy posts on the matter are fuckin cringe

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

• Admin. locked this topic