Feminism is the worst thing to happen to society

JOHN DOE

1 hour ago, dayomesaydayo said:

@Grafter have you ever experienced something like this or is she waffling?

From my experience, It usually BW that don't want to acknowledge. All the black dudes in my work place give a nod and say safe. Even the celebs.

Some go as far as coming to introduce themselves.

It's jokes the amount of time white colleagues will say "do you know him?" I just say "yeah" win a smile 

• Upvote 2

ummmmm

Shes got some experiences boyy

Twitter has a lot of people thinking their opinions are important. Obviously its nice to see when other people have had similar experiences but I think the world needs to move back to the forum model.

An some people should speak to their friends first or only

• Upvote 2

Lol rasta nod. Any particular reason for this? 

If it's funny then so is the black nod...

Sometimes it invites conversation (from creeps) and sometimes I'm not on it due to being in some sort of mood. Or there may be a few a dem so I cant be arsed hailing up all a dem. It's not a nod btw, its anything between "bless" and hand on heart bow head, "highly bless" 

been like that in a couple companies

general consensus for blax is that if you see another black, you might think within yourself that the PWI people will be thinking to themselves/or talking among the other whites thinking 'oh look the black has found the black, look at how they are sticking/staying with each other'

its funny that because in the company im in now theres an asian guy, bare loud talking and a new guy has started.... Asian as well - they are in the same team you could say - always with each other chit chatting - that seems fine doesn't it??

got a front of house black guy at my place - other day some soul music was playing..... im working away and i heard him come into the kitchen.... i said 'i bet any money hes gonna say to me frank... hear this music' then he proceeds to start swaying/clicking his hands

right on cue

9 hours ago, underwriter said:

general consensus for blax is that if you see another black, you might think within yourself that the PWI people will be thinking to themselves/or talking among the other whites thinking 'oh look the black has found the black, look at how they are sticking/staying with each other'

That what you think yeah? Mad. 

Even if it was a ting.... So fucking what? 

You see Freshie Asians, local Asians, white South Africans, Chinese, Eastern Euros, Aussies etc. etc. all chilling together in work environments but certain man are second guessing interactions with someone that shares the same skin tone as them cos of what someone might possibly think. Absolutely mad.

31 minutes ago, Drift said:

Even if it was a ting.... So fucking what? 

You see Freshie Asians, local Asians, white South Africans, Chinese, Eastern Euros, Aussies etc. etc. all chilling together in work environments but certain man are second guessing interactions with someone that shares the same skin tone as them cos of what someone might possibly think. Absolutely mad.

I think it's about being unapologetically yourself. Which can at times be a hard thing to do.

In PWI they subtly condition (the ignorant "innocent" comments being one way) black people, to apologise for being "black" or making our "blackness" less of a thing for them to have to deal with.

One of the reasons I think it's important to speak the way you genuinely speak, to work colleagues (not clients though). You got to shift what they consider as normal in their heads.

Also life is just better when you're actually doing you.

2 minutes ago, o-guy said:

I think it's about being unapologetically yourself. Which can at times be a hard thing to do.

In PWI they subtly condition (the ignorant "innocent" comments being one way) black people, to apologise for being "black" or making our "blackness" less of a thing for them to have to deal with.

One of the reasons I think it's important to speak the way you genuinely speak, to work colleagues (not clients though). You got to shift what they consider as normal in their heads.

Also life is just better when you're actually doing you.

Completely agree and it's very liberating. You only have one life

Our team is very ethnic, we got about 3 languages being spoken, we talk about food all the damn time. All the ethnics who like us from around the office come up an spend time with us. It's nice.

Not long ago i was saying to two colleagues, one black, one white 

"Why she acting like that, its not like its her friend from long time"

White colleague: "lool, where's long time?". This colleague more than once has tried to mock my speech

So i said "oh gosh i am sorry, i meant to say her friend from a long time ago, must speak the queens english when sally is around"

we laughed

then she felt a way an started mumbling about how she's doesnt speak the queens english either

Tbf to him i have heard that theory a few times.

Ive never worked with white people so i dont know how true it is or whether its paranoia but its been said still.

This is why you have so many silly and deluded views. Never had life experience to develop

21 minutes ago, Grafter said:

Completely agree and it's very liberating. You only have one life

Our team is very ethnic, we got about 3 languages being spoken, we talk about food all the damn time. All the ethnics who like us from around the office come up an spend time with us. It's nice.

Not long ago i was saying to two colleagues, one black, one white 

"Why she acting like that, its not like its her friend from long time"

White colleague: "lool, where's long time?". This colleague more than once has tried to mock my speech

So i said "oh gosh i am sorry, i meant to say her friend from a long time ago, must speak the queens english when sally is around"

we laughed

then she felt a way an started mumbling about how she's doesnt speak the queens english either

Hardly something for either person to get worked up about is it now. Imagine working with a Cameroonian guy always dropping pidgin talk. U might starting cracking jokes coz ur not used to it and pidgin sounds funny anyway lol