Black people culturally appropriating di Indian people dem's tings!

ag.

6 minutes ago, ag. said:

And do we draw the line at mums, or nans, or great grandmothers? Coz theres bare Caribbeans with white/indian/chinese etc in their lineage? And these are usually the ones who are most on this fake ‘pro black wave’ I noticed...

An this goes back to why black is even a thing

Its people who experience struggle within white dominated societies

9 minutes ago, Grafter said:

An this goes back to why black is even a thing

Its people who experience struggle within white dominated societies

I get that... and it 1920 it might have made sense... but in 2018 there is too much easy access to info... if all these Caribbeans want to build an identity, why don’t they be pro Akan or pro Igbo... thats more logical than ‘pro black’ (although ethnic seperatism obv aint perfect)... also caribbeans nowadays have a lot more info about where they come from, unlike back in the day when they were hailing up Haile Selassie/Nyabinghi who both in different ways are totally unconnected to Ghana/West Africa? U feel mi? Lol... a lot of stuff in the ‘black’ common dialogue needs to be flipped on its head. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, ag. said:

I get that... and it 1920 it might have made sense... but in 2018 there is too much easy access to info... if all these Caribbeans want to build an identity, why don’t they be pro Akan or pro Igbo... thats more logical than ‘pro black’ and caribbeans nowadays have a lot more info about where they come from, unlike back in the day when they were hailing up Haile Selassie/Nyabinghi who both in different ways are totally unconnected to Ghana/West Africa? U feel mi? Lol... a lot of stuff in the ‘black’ common dialogue needs to be flipped on its head. 

None of what u said makes sense

So I don't feel you no

As Caribbeans we are who we are an thats that. We really don't need to be doin ancestry analysis unless we are prepared to be pro-everywhere else we come from.

There is still a colour struggle in the Caribbean and we should be lookin at attaining equality. We should fight the good fights the world over.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ag. said:

I get that... and it 1920 it might have made sense... but in 2018 there is too much easy access to info... if all these Caribbeans want to build an identity, why don’t they be pro Akan or pro Igbo... thats more logical than ‘pro black’ and caribbeans nowadays have a lot more info about where they come from, unlike back in the day when they were hailing up Haile Selassie/Nyabinghi who both in different ways are totally unconnected to Ghana/West Africa? U feel mi? Lol... a lot of stuff in the ‘black’ common dialogue needs to be flipped on its head. 

you make good points but i think being grouped as 'black' rather than by what particular tribe you originate from has come as a result of oppression from the whites 

effective when faced discrimination or abuse from a white person - you are not an akan or an igbo - you are just black 

and black people all over the globe can be discriminated against - where they may particularly originate from his irrelevant

it is much better to deal with these issues by uniting us all under the term black as opposed to dividing us once more with tribal groups

furthermore in this day and age tribes mix, african countries  mix, you can get a 'black ' person from brazil who marries a half Jamaican half Ghanaian person born in the US - so all this tribal talk is lost 

much much easier just to label us as one entity

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, JOHN DOE said:

you make good points but i think being grouped as 'black' rather than by what particular tribe you originate from has come as a result of oppression from the whites 

effective when faced discrimination or abuse from a white person - you are not an akan or an igbo - you are just black 

and black people all over the globe can be discriminated against - where they may particularly originate from his irrelevant

it is much better to deal with these issues by uniting us all under the term black as opposed to dividing us once more with tribal groups

furthermore in this day and age tribes mix, african countries  mix, you can get a 'black ' person from brazil who marries a half Jamaican half Ghanaian person born in the US - so all this tribal talk is lost 

much much easier just to label us as one entity

Within all those tribes in Africa are a million subtle differences. Skin colour aint enough to change that. This pro black stuff will never materialise into anything real, unless people be more specific imo. Simplezzz

9 minutes ago, Grafter said:

None of what u said makes sense

So I don't feel you no

As Caribbeans we are who we are an thats that. We really don't need to be doin ancestry analysis unless we are prepared to be pro-everywhere else we come from.

There is still a colour struggle in the Caribbean and we should be lookin at attaining equality. We should fight the good fights the world over.

It made complete sense

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, dayomesaydayo said:

Before i give this a serious answer allow me ask you three questions.

1 are you black? Like both parents black and 2 is your girlfriend/wife from another race? 3 do you have any mixed race kids?

I am mixed race my mum is European my dad is African

All my previous partners have either been mixed race or of 'black' origin 

Being mixed race myself my children can only be mixed race 

All irrelevant information btw 

1 hour ago, Badman said:

I am mixed race my mum is European my dad is African

All my previous partners have either been mixed race or of 'black' origin 

Being mixed race myself my children can only be mixed race 

All irrelevant information btw 

Yep i Thought so. 

Theres no need for us to continue this conversation then.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/10/24/britain-briefs-nigeria-ipob-leader-nnamdi-kanu’s-movement

Man like Namdi Kanu.. these are the type of Nigerians worthy of respect even if u disagree with their views, at least they are focused on real African historical issues like Biafra independence... too many lost Nigerians chatting a bag of shit about ‘Pro Black’, meanwhile ur own homeland is a divided nation perpetually on the brink of becoming a failed state... 

16 hours ago, ag. said:

http://saharareporters.com/2018/10/24/britain-briefs-nigeria-ipob-leader-nnamdi-kanu’s-movement

Man like Namdi Kanu.. these are the type of Nigerians worthy of respect even if u disagree with their views, at least they are focused on real African historical issues like Biafra independence... too many lost Nigerians chatting a bag of shit about ‘Pro Black’, meanwhile ur own homeland is a divided nation perpetually on the brink of becoming a failed state... 

Bro why does every post you make end with you insulting another one of the many groups/types of people you disagree with.

If you can't engage with people respectfully the only people who will listen to you are the people who already agree with you, and even then to most you will just sound angry and negative.

Like for real, despite the merit of any point you make, the constant river of insults you always produce will always distract people from what you're saying, and just make you look small and without discipline.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, SLEAZE BALL said:

Ain’t this the same dust bucket that's bleaching now or saink?

:rofl:

U got it twisted i think

I think she pretended to bleach to make a point an promo for this actual video. The way her celeb friends are ki ki in over her insta photo it mus be make up an such like

And she is certainly not any kind of dust bucket. She actually is uptown but she knows how to bruck out. That is by the by tho, she is an extremely successful Jamaican artist, dancer and singer who sends Jamaica to di worl. Tour after tour. Absolutely general

/

Jus listened and the tune is bad ta rarse. U would have got it if u listened

Its mad cos kartel changed his colour because he saw the success of light skin jamaican artist over and above dark skin ones. I.e. shaggy/sean Paul/ bob marley/ even belefonte

1 hour ago, o-guy said:

Bro why does every post you make end with you insulting another one of the many groups/types of people you disagree with.

If you can't engage with people respectfully the only people who will listen to you are the people who already agree with you, and even then to most you will just sound angry and negative.

Like for real, despite the merit of any point you make, the constant river of insults you always produce will always distract people from what you're saying, and just make you look small and without discipline.

I dont think the post you quoted was necessarily insulting, not to say I havent made a lot of insulting posts on here... a lot of times I get triggered by stupid things i hear and see and this is somewhere to vent ? Its the internet effect lol

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Grafter said:

U got it twisted i think

I think she pretended to bleach to make a point an promo for this actual video. The way her celeb friends are ki ki in over her insta photo it mus be make up an such like

And she is certainly not any kind of dust bucket. She actually is uptown but she knows how to bruck out. That is by the by tho, she is an extremely successful Jamaican artist, dancer and singer who sends Jamaica to di worl. Tour after tour. Absolutely general

/

Jus listened and the tune is bad ta rarse. U would have got it if u listened

Its mad cos kartel changed his colour because he saw the success of light skin jamaican artist over and above dark skin ones. I.e. shaggy/sean Paul/ bob marley/ even belefonte

yeah the colourism is mad in the islands

my boy from Trinidad was telling me how his dad is basically absent when it comes to all his children, except the youngest who is light skin. They're not even dark skin like that, their shade is like a deep caramel.  

3 hours ago, o-guy said:

Guy chats so  much fraff. Just makes up assumptions based on experiences with individuals of insertcountrynamehere and taints them all with the same brush.

• Upvote 1

Lol what ‘fraff’ do i chat’? Im waiting for someone to deconstruct the countless paragraphs i drop here? All u lot can do is throw chidlish insults but dodge the substance of the argument, like emotional women in a fit of rage lol....

• Downvote 3

All my observations are backed up by years of lived experience plus my own unique perspective ? if i was a braver man i would have gone down the Tommy Robinson/Katie Hopkins/Alex Jones route just from a black angle ? i would be raking it in within 5 years but I am not a complete sociopath...

• Downvote 1